KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » "Phantom of the Opera" (2004)

who do you think best portrays the character they are playing in the movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Gerard Butler (The Phantom) 23 40.35%
Emmy Rossum (Christine Daa'e) 21 36.84%
Patrick Wilson (Raoul De Changy) 3 5.26%
Minnie Driver (Carlotta) 7 12.28%
Jennifer Ellison (Meg Giry) 1 1.75%
Miranda Richardson (Madame Giry) 2 3.51%
Total: 51 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

"Phantom of the Opera" (2004)
Started by: astrid133

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
astrid133

Laugh The Phantom of the Opera'

Hey just wondering if anyone has any info on 'The Phantom'....

Saw an image of the lovely Gerard Butler as the Phantom!! looks good

bunny bunny bunny

I'm a happy bunny!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 09:00 PM
astrid133 is currently offline Click here to Send astrid133 a Private Message Find more posts by astrid133 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Guinha
Opera Diva

The Phantom of the Opera movie

Has anyone seen the Phantom film yet?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 10:02 AM
Guinha is currently offline Click here to Send Guinha a Private Message Find more posts by Guinha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Is it a superhero movie or what?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 10:47 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Guinha
Opera Diva

No. it is a movie version of Andrew Loyd Webber's musical The Phantom of the Opera

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 12:16 PM
Guinha is currently offline Click here to Send Guinha a Private Message Find more posts by Guinha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

oh god AKU, i hope u were being scarcastic!!!!!!!!????

not open here yet
but will see it as soon as it comes out

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 07:14 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Cool I never knew they made a movie out of it.Wait it is not that stupid black and white movie is it?That movie sucked big time!I love that musical through.
So who is in it?Need more info!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 07:26 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

It isnt coming out yet, so how could anyone've seen it? Im going to when it comes out though.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:02 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

It's already out in the UK. I just havent had a chance to see it yet but it does look pretty cool.

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:11 PM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

yup unfortunately, the lighting and set and costume design and the beginning with the chandelier is stunning but after that it goes down hill and the singing starts to grate after the 2 hour mark or even before that. Not so good

Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again. - Mary Pickford

Reality continues to ruin my life

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:26 PM
Fionnoula is currently offline Click here to Send Fionnoula a Private Message Find more posts by Fionnoula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

argh, dont say that.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:56 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiyana_ayame

I just saw it tonight and I absolutely loved it! I was in tears by the end, I haven't seen the actual play or anything else before this film but i must say that seeing this film has made me want to go see the actual play.

Gerard Butler is amazing as the Phantom and has a great voice, I've seen reviews which say that hes not that good but i have to disagree because i really heard the love and passion in his voice. Emmy Rossum (Christine) has a stunning voice and, although is not very brave (i don't know if shes meant to be or not) i think she plays the leading lady well.

There where times which took my breath away, times where i wanted (and in some cases did) cry and i will be humming the songs for weeks! All in all i throughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who likes musicals (there is a lot of singing involved) or tragic love stories.

Clare x

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 11:54 PM
kiyana_ayame is currently offline Click here to Send kiyana_ayame a Private Message Find more posts by kiyana_ayame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

is it really that great?? i mean it looks boring...

is it better than Moulin Rouge

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 11:55 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

welllllll , if u are into musicals then it would be good

But if your not , you most likely wouldn't like it.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 12:15 PM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Ah, I loved the stage production of it. Simply superb, up there on my top 10 favorite musicals. I am optimistic about it, I honestly wonder how they could get it wrong? Still, a bit of a wait for it here in Australia, but hopefully it will be worth it.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 01:26 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Guinha
Opera Diva

I thought Gerard Butler(Phantom) could do with a little bit more vocal training,but Emmy Rossum's (Christine)voice is beautiful!!!!
Minnie Driver (Carlotta)is the only one who didn't sing because she couldn't reach the top notes

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 01:32 PM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Thats a shame, although better to not have her sing at all, then sing and not be good at it, sounds harsh, but eh.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 01:40 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Guinha
Opera Diva

the Carlotta from the London cast sung instead...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 01:51 PM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Interesting.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 07:48 AM
Luciferia
Angel of Music

I just saw it last night and I thought it was brilliant! Have to admit, there were some bits were it seemed too slow and i started to get bored, but i thought the ending was so dramatic it completely made up for it! I was in tears by the end - and it takes a lot to make me cry in a film. It really was heartbreaking to see the phantom left at the end. And I also agree that the opening sequence with the chandeliar, and the music, and everything changing to colour, was superb.

Two things:
1. - Did the song 'Masquerade' make anyone else think of Adam Ants video for 'Prince Charming'?

2. Who would you choose - the phantom or Raoul? I mean, the phantom is a genious, and even though he has a deformed face he is still very good looking! - but thats just my opinion!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 08:14 PM
Luciferia is currently offline Click here to Send Luciferia a Private Message Find more posts by Luciferia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andrew McLeod

It's coming out Wednesday here. I'm going with a friend of mine and I'm really looking forward to it for 3 reasons:

1)It's one of the greatest tale's of our time
2)I'm a sucker for romances
3)I visited the Opera in Paris in March so it'll be cool to see a movie that takes place there

So, After I see it I'll probably post a review.

Love is an accident waiting to happen. Desire is a stranger you think you know. Intimacy is a lie we tell ourselves. Truth is a game you play to win. If you believe in love at first sight you never stop looking.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 10:30 PM
Andrew McLeod is currently offline Click here to Send Andrew McLeod a Private Message Find more posts by Andrew McLeod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote