KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament Final

roflz
This poll is closed.
Khellendros 11 45.83%
Scoobless 13 54.17%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tournament Final
Started by: ScarletSpider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Tournament Final

Sorry this is late, everyonce in awhile real life stuff happens to even me.

Scoobless one the last round. I can't remember who won the first Semi-Final round, and the search feature is being dumb and won't allow me to locate it. So could that member please just post in here saying that they won, or have someone confirm it, thanks.

And now, the final clash of the titans...belatedly.

Contestant 1 will be the first guy whose name I cannot remember.

Contestant 2 will be Scoobless.

Can each member please post his team, once both have done so, commmence the fighting.

Again, sorry for the lateness.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 02:41 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

For first round match-ups

the first rounds were:

1. Crazyspinz vs. Scoobless - Scoobless

2. Darkcrawler vs. Scarlet Spider - Darkcrawler

3. Khellendros vs. Quick Freeze - Khellendros

4. Krissy Von Doom vs. Norrin Radd - Krissy

5. The Mighty Thor vs. Nataku - i think Nataku got a walkover due to a no-show

that left 5, now it's 3: Scoobless big grin , Khellendros and Nataku....... so how do we play it.... me and Khel have both had 2 matches and i think Nataku hasn't had to do 1 yet........................?????

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 03:04 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Oh crap. Right, then. I'll have a losers bracket, Quick Freeze and Norrin Radd can fight again, the winner of that will fight Nataku.

You and Khell fight, the winner of that fights the winner of the match between Nataku and the winner of the losers bracket, if that makes sense. Is that an acceptable plan, everyone?

I'm going to bed, will check in the morning.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 03:43 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

lol............... i knew something like this would happen

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 03:50 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Lol, like Scoobless said, I was the other one. I'm here, ready to get my ASS kicked in on the votes. Here's my team:

Everyman type - Mr. Majestic

Fairly powerful types - Dragon Man, Black Bolt

Powerful street characters - Jack Hawksmoor Jenny Sparks

Street level characters - Midnighter, Daredevil

Alright. Using their three hours of prep time, Daredevil once again fills the rest of his team in on who they are facing. Since he lives and works in New York, it's a given he would know Carnage and Puma since they are enemies of Spiderman and Vision and Hawkeye because they are or were Avengers. Graviton, being the man who suspended every superhero on earth in the air and tried reshaping the earth in his image, is probably known of by every hero on Marvel earth.

So, when the fight starts, Jenny converts to pure energy and Jack and the street fighters scatter. Quicker than Graviton can think, quicker than even Superman could move, Majestic is on Graviton and beating him to a pulp. With those two moving away, Black Bolt and Dragon Man square off with Vision and Wonder Man. It doesn't really matter how they square off, but in this case, let's say Black Bolt takes on Vision and Dragon Man takes on Wonder Man.

Black Bolt has shown the ability to create anti-matter bombs in the past. So, he surrounds himself in a forcefield, turns a small rock into anti-matter, and heaves it at Vision. Even if he's phased, he is still matter, which meanes he is going down.

Wonderman and Dragon Man is an interesting fight, but Marvel Directory says WM can only withstand temperatures of about 1,500 Farenheit. Dragon Man's breath can reach temps of 8,000 Farenheit. In addition, DM is sronger than Wonderman (class 100) and more durable than the Thing. Even if Dragon Man can't finish him, Black Bolt is able to help out.

Jack and Jenny meet up with Puma and Carnage and go at it. Jack and Puma is no contest. Hawksmoor is at base as strong and fast as Spider Man but a more vicious fighter. He has fought soldiers from a parallel earth who tried to cut him with sabers, and showed no visible injuries. Also, he can draw power from the city he's fighting in to become even stronger. Carnage is just screwed, because he would be fighting a woman who can electrocute him every time he tried to touch her and who would have no flesh to cut into.

Wehn Scourge and Hawkeye square off with Daredevil and Midnighter, it's just not much of a contest. Midnighter can see every weapon and enhancement Scourge has on him and plot a million different ways to kill him. For a man who can dodge bullets, a man with arrows is no trouble for DD.

So, that's what I have to say. Looking forward to replies.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 04:11 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

With shields up on entry, Majestic makes the same mistake as Black Adam and gets a violent rebound from Graviton's shield, moving him away from the battle for a few seconds....... seems to be a common tactic for Superman types cool

Vision and Wonderman are familiar with BlackBolt and Dragon Man, so WM takes on BB and Vizz goes for DM, BB's strength and speed are inferior to WM but has more experience using his powers, this only saves him for a second until he is forced to hide behind his shield as WM pounds on it.... meanwhile..... Vizz is making a fool of the stupid Dragon Man making him fire, fly and punch through his intangible frame and every time he goes all the way through he gets tagged coming out the other side, after this set up DM is getting sloppy and Vizz sets him up just in the right position, rushes him at full flight speed, DM being highly invulnerable prepares to counter the assault and uses full flame only to see Vizz go straight through the flame and himself and bullet towards BB's back where he turns his density to maximum and caves in BB's head. As soon as Vizz makes contact with BB, Wonderman charges DM and proceeds to knock the crap out of the bewildered Dragon (dragon man is class 100 and wondy is 95 base so there isn't that much difference considering WM can exceed 95 well into the 100 class plus he is faster and a lot smarter........ isn't everyone?)

lower levels..... Hawksmoor may be as strong and fast as Spider-Man but both Puma and Carnage are stronger than him and Puma is faster than him so either of these two could give him a close battle...... i'd say Carnage would beat him, not sure about Puma

Sparks? don't know much about her but she seems to be a lot like jolt from the Thunderbolts (living bio-electricity) in an energy form it would be difficult for Carnage or Puma to hurt her...... but i'll come back to her in a sec

Midnighter and Daredevil are looking confident against Scourge and Hawkeye....... untill the momentary lack of an opponent for Graviton leaves Midnighter to ponder the many different ways he could die in the next 2 seconds..... Grav opts for a simple crushing of the duo

Hawkeye hits Sparks with an electro-disruption arrow when she is fighting Puma which stuns her back to human form, then Scourge shoots her

Majestic is hurtling back to the battle and everyone watches as his speed drops incredibly quickly, he's flying lower and slower all the time until he's forced to land....... then kneel........sweat is pouring from his face as he struggles under pressure unlike anything even he has never before encountered and he manages to force his head up in time to see a purple blur rocketing down from the heavens, unable to move himself out of it's way Wonderman collides with him like a guided meteorite...... unbelievably Majestic clings to consciousness, WM is out for the count.... but is lifted back to the sky anyway...... then back down again and again until Majestic is a bloody smear in the street

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 05:46 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khellendros

Wonderman and Dragon Man is an interesting fight, but Marvel Directory says WM can only withstand temperatures of about 1,500 Farenheit. Dragon Man's breath can reach temps of 8,000 Farenheit. In addition, DM is sronger than Wonderman (class 100) and more durable than the Thing. Even if Dragon Man can't finish him, Black Bolt is able to help out.

Marvel directory's profile of Wonderman is outdated and wrong. Here are his real stats:

quote:
Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 380 lb.

Eyes: Red, formerly blue.

Hair: Gray, formerly black.

Strength Level: Wonder Man possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) 95 tons under optimal conditions. When extremely focused, upset or angry, Wonder Man's strength enables him to lift well over 95 tons putting him in the 100-ton strength level range.

Unusual Features: Wonder Man's eyes no longer have visible pupils or irises. His entire eyeball is permeated with microscopic shifting spots of ionic energy, which make them glow a bright red.

Since his resurrection by the Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man's body becomes enveloped in ionic energy whenever he uses his powers in battle causing him to look like a being composed entirely of shifting red and dark purple glowing energy.

Known Superhuman Powers Wonder Man possesses superhuman strength, speed, durability, reflexes and stamina. The tissue and bone of his entire body have been augmented in strength and to a certain extent supplanted by an unknown substance during the ionic process that gave him his powers. Despite Wonder Man's statements that he is composed of ionic energy, he is in fact composed of organic matter that is permeated with ionic energy.

Wonder Man's stamina enables him to exert himself at peak levels for up to an hour and a half before fatigue poisons build up in his blood, causing him to tire. Wonder Man's skin and tissue is hard enough to resist temperature extremes from the cold vacuum of space to the extreme temperatures generated at ground zero of a nuclear bomb without any harm.

Wonder Man can run at superhuman speeds above 55 miles per hour. It is theorized that Wonder Man could potentially run at 500 miles per hour in a strait line for 30 minutes before tiring.

Wonder Man has been shown to be able to leap many feet into the air and cover large distances using this method. It is estimated that Wonder Man could leap about three miles per leap.

Wonder Man no longer requires food, water or oxygen since the energy that gives him life is far more efficient and self-sustaining than the biochemical processes that sustain normal, ordinary human life.

Wonder Man can fly by tapping releasing the by-products of the ionic energy interactions within his body unidirectionaly through his skin. The process resembled the workings of a noiseless nuclear powered jet engine. It is unknown the top speed at which Wonder Man can fly, but he can apparently reach escape velocity with ease and journey into outer space under his own power.

Wonder Man can halt the flow of ionic energy to his eyes through an act of deep concentration and make them revert to normal for brief periods of time. If Wonder Man does this for an extended period of time, he will suffer a headache from the strain of stopping the flow of ionic energy to and from his eyeballs.

Wonder Man's vision extends slightly into the infrared section of the visible spectrum allowing him to see in absolute dark without aid from any light source.

While it appears Wonder Man transforms from a normal human being into being composed purely of ionic energy, this is not the case. Wonder Man's physical body is merely covered by ionic energy at that point. It is unknown if this outer covering of ionic energy adds more protection to his already near-invulnerable form or if it is just a by-product of his resurrection by the Scarlet Witch.

Wonder Man also taps his ionic energies to enhance the speed of any of his physical action, giving him a practical reaction time hundreds of times faster than an ordinary human being's.

Despite these his various powers, Wonder Man can still be hurt or rendered unconscious by a sufficiently powerful force. Wonder Man still possesses nerve endings that allow him to feel pain to a certain degree. Because of the ionic energy in his body, Wonder Man no longer physically ages and is functionally immortal.

It says up their he can withstand extreme temperatures of space, and ground zero of a nuclear bomb. Last time I checked, temperatures put out by a standard 5 megaton nuclear bomb, is around 10,000 degrees Farenheit. Give or take a few hundred degrees. I think Simon could withstand the Dragon's breath, but I think he would get ko'd by Black Bolt's screaming.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 05:48 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Scoobless
With shields up on entry, Majestic makes the same mistake as Black Adam and gets a violent rebound from Graviton's shield, moving him away from the battle for a few seconds....... seems to be a common tactic for Superman types

Majestic flies through suns and rends them in two. I'm sorry, but Majestic is on a whole other level compared to Black Adam. The best the shield can do is stop him momentarily, not send him flying backwards.

Vision and Wonderman are familiar with BlackBolt and Dragon Man, so WM takes on BB and Vizz goes for DM, BB's strength and speed are inferior to WM but has more experience using his powers, this only saves him for a second until he is forced to hide behind his shield as WM pounds on it.... meanwhile..... Vizz is making a fool of the stupid Dragon Man making him fire, fly and punch through his intangible frame and every time he goes all the way through he gets tagged coming out the other side, after this set up DM is getting sloppy and Vizz sets him up just in the right position, rushes him at full flight speed, DM being highly invulnerable prepares to counter the assault and uses full flame only to see Vizz go straight through the flame and himself and bullet towards BB's back where he turns his density to maximum and caves in BB's head.

BB is weaker physically, but he has defeated some heavy hitting opponents without resorting to his scream. Blasts of electron energy from Black Bolt have brought the wizard Sphinx to tears when he was being powered the Ka stone that made him immortal and strong enough to fly through space unaided. Black Bolt knocked Sphinx through the hull of his own ship and sent him tumbling into space. The stats sentry posted say Wonder Man can still feel pain. WM never gets the chance to punch through BB's forcefield.

Dragon Man can take a direct from a Howitzer shell without injury. No way is Vision able to bring that kind of power to bear. And full flight speed? He is slow as sh*t. Dragon Man may not be able to beat Vision on his own, but once Wonder Man has blacked out from the pain of Black Bolt's attacks, BB can join in.

lower levels..... Hawksmoor may be as strong and fast as Spider-Man but both Puma and Carnage are stronger than him and Puma is faster than him so either of these two could give him a close battle...... i'd say Carnage would beat him, not sure about Puma

Puma stands NO chance. He can't cut Hawksmoor with his claws and isn't as good a fighter. Carnage might stand a chance in a fair fight, but Jack doesn't fight fair. Simply liquefying the pavement all around Carnage and letting it solidify around his head takes him out.

Midnighter and Daredevil are looking confident against Scourge and Hawkeye....... untill the momentary lack of an opponent for Graviton leaves Midnighter to ponder the many different ways he could die in the next 2 seconds..... Grav opts for a simple crushing of the duo

Hawkeye hits Sparks with an electro-disruption arrow when she is fighting Puma which stuns her back to human form, then Scourge shoots her

Well, that first paragraph is flawed because Graviton will have to deal with an immensely powerful immortal Kherubim warrior pounding on his shield with a strength that can shatter mountains.

Even if Sparks did get "stunned" back to human form, she can still electrocute anyone who threatens her with a thought. Oh, and if Scourge has any electronic equipment, that's getting drained to add to her power too.

Majestic is hurtling back to the battle and everyone watches as his speed drops incredibly quickly, he's flying lower and slower all the time until he's forced to land....... then kneel........sweat is pouring from his face as he struggles under pressure unlike anything even he has never before encountered and he manages to force his head up in time to see a purple blur rocketing down from the heavens, unable to move himself out of it's way Wonderman collides with him like a guided meteorite...... unbelievably Majestic clings to consciousness, WM is out for the count.... but is lifted back to the sky anyway...... then back down again and again until Majestic is a bloody smear in the street

Actually, that's pretty unlikely. Majestic flies through stars. He has closed a black hole. Graviton just doesn't have the strength to even slow Majestic down, much less make him strain. I chose my team thinking they might come up against yours. Eveyone on my team except the street levels are either too powerful to be effected by Graviton, are pure energy that isn't effected by gravity, or fly by producing anti-gravitons, meaning they can't be easily crushed by your Everyman.

Originally posted by Sentry
It says up their he can withstand extreme temperatures of space, and ground zero of a nuclear bomb. Last time I checked, temperatures put out by a standard 5 megaton nuclear bomb, is around 10,000 degrees Farenheit. Give or take a few hundred degrees. I think Simon could withstand the Dragon's breath, but I think he would get ko'd by Black Bolt's screaming.

Thanks for the updated stats, Sentry. Did you get them from a website or somewhere else?

Last edited by Khellendros on Mar 19th, 2005 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:12 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Majestic flies through suns and rends them in two. I'm sorry, but Majestic is on a whole other level compared to Black Adam. The best the shield can do is stop him momentarily, not send him flying backwards.

the shield hasn't failed him yet, from reading his appearances in the comics it doesn't look like Graviton has an upper limit to the level at which he can affect Gravity so ANY physical being is capable of being stopped and rebounded by his shield at full power

BB is weaker physically, but he has defeated some heavy hitting opponents without resorting to his scream.

i saw BB fight Ikarus and though he impressed him with fighting skill and "master blow" Ikarus' speed shocked him..... Wonderman is fast enough to get in and land a few hits

someone mentioned Wonderman not being able to take BB's scream...... it was set out in the rules for the tournament at the start that BB's scream is limited to class 80

Dragon Man can take a direct from a Howitzer shell without injury. No way is Vision able to bring that kind of power to bear.B]

but Dragon man is very stupid, that's why i had Vision set him up for Wonderman to help take him out

[B]Well, that first paragraph is flawed because Graviton will have to deal with an immensely powerful immortal Kherubim warrior pounding on his shield with a strength that can shatter mountains.

no amount of physical force has thus far shown to be able to penetrate Graviton's field....... the very fact that Majestic has a physical mass means Graviton can manipulate him

Even if Sparks did get "stunned" back to human form, she can still electrocute anyone who threatens her with a thought. Oh, and if Scourge has any electronic equipment, that's getting drained to add to her power too.

but while "stunned" she is......well........"stunned" meaning she'll take a sec to get her head together and in that time she can be shot or "arrowed"

I chose my team thinking they might come up against yours. Eveyone on my team except the street levels are either too powerful to be effected by Graviton, are pure energy that isn't effected by gravity, or fly by producing anti-gravitons, meaning they can't be easily crushed by your Everyman.

i'm flattered, but you're wrong.... Jolt was pure electricity when she fought Graviton and was dealt with in a heartbeat due to electricity travelling along the electromagnetic field of the earth which in turn uses the Gravitational field for "bandwidth cohesion"..... sparks would be as easy as that. Dragon man would be virtually useless against him and would be dealt with the same as any street level character BlackBolt is class 60 max (when using his powers to increase his strength) so would be easily dealt with also...... the only one that would even take any time would be Majestic.... but he isn't immune to gravity, nothing that has any mass is!

As for Hawksmoor fighting Puma, he may very well beat him but i don't think he'd beat Carnage..... push comes to shove Carnage can extend his symbiotic tendrils inside Hawksmoor and burst him from the inside out

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Mar 19th, 2005 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 10:42 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

the shield hasn't failed him yet, from reading his appearances in the comics it doesn't look like Graviton has an upper limit to the level at which he can affect Gravity so ANY physical being is capable of being stopped and rebounded by his shield at full power

When has he EVER faced an opponent who could move Planets? Plural?

i saw BB fight Ikarus and though he impressed him with fighting skill and "master blow" Ikarus' speed shocked him..... Wonderman is fast enough to get in and land a few hits

It doesn't matter. Wonder Man isn't outrunning a stream of electrons.

someone mentioned Wonderman not being able to take BB's scream...... it was set out in the rules for the tournament at the start that BB's scream is limited to class 80

Actually, it's his whisper that's at level 80 in this tournament, which is what he's restricted to. I remembered that, thus I haven't brought it up yet.

but Dragon man is very stupid, that's why i had Vision set him up for Wonderman to help take him out

Actually, it LOOKEd like you had Vision flying through Dragon Man at "top flight speed". I re-read it now and get what you were saying. Your scenario is still flawed. Vision cannot damage DragonMan enough to make him "sloppy" or "bewildered", so they are stalemated while BB is blowing Wonder Man away with electron blasts.

no amount of physical force has thus far shown to be able to penetrate Graviton's field....... the very fact that Majestic has a physical mass means Graviton can manipulate him

Graviton has never met a physical force like Majestic. big grin

Any amount of gravitational force strong enough to even slow down Majestic would have to be so powerful that it would tear the planet apart around them. Not very smart since Majestic can survive in space indefinitely.

but while "stunned" she is......well........"stunned" meaning she'll take a sec to get her head together and in that time she can be shot or "arrowed"

She isn't getting stunned or arrowed since your street level fighters are busy getting the life beaten out of them by Midnighter and Daredevil.

i'm flattered, but you're wrong.... Jolt was pure electricity when she fought Graviton and was dealt with in a heartbeat due to electricity travelling along the electromagnetic field of the earth which in turn uses the Gravitational field for "bandwidth cohesion"..... sparks would be as easy as that. Dragon man would be virtually useless against him and would be dealt with the same as any street level character BlackBolt is class 60 max (when using his powers to increase his strength) so would be easily dealt with also...... the only one that would even take any time would be Majestic.... but he isn't immune to gravity, nothing that has any mass is!

I didn't mean my team was emant tot ake on Graviton directly, I meant they would be able to still fight effectively in case Graviton tried just increasing the gravity in the area they were standing.

Majestic isn't immune to gravity, he is able to overcome massive gravity fields. He might feel a nudge or two from Graviton, but that doesn't mean he's going to get tossed around or anything like that.

EDIT: By the way, is Graviton visible when he's behind one of his forcefields?

Last edited by Khellendros on Mar 20th, 2005 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 12:05 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

When has he EVER faced an opponent who could move Planets? Plural?

i don't know if he has...... but he himself could do that very thing

It doesn't matter. Wonder Man isn't outrunning a stream of electrons.

i'm not sure what you're getting at....... why would he be trying to outrun anything?

Actually, it LOOKEd like you had Vision flying through Dragon Man at "top flight speed". I re-read it now and get what you were saying. Your scenario is still flawed. Vision cannot damage DragonMan enough to make him "sloppy" or "bewildered", so they are stalemated while BB is blowing Wonder Man away with electron blasts.

In the Vision Dragon Man part i meant DM would be confused and bewildered as to why he couldn't touch vision rather than being stunned by any force brought against him

Graviton has never met a physical force like Majestic. big grin

He beat Black Adam easily enough..... wink ..... all he has to do is up the level of his assaults

Any amount of gravitational force strong enough to even slow down Majestic would have to be so powerful that it would tear the planet apart around them. Not very smart since Majestic can survive in space indefinitely.

Graviton has remarkable control over his power, he can increase the Gravity in one area and not have it affect the surrounding landscape.... of course he probably could rip the planet apart....... i just don't think he'd choose to

She isn't getting stunned or arrowed since your street level fighters are busy getting the life beaten out of them by Midnighter and Daredevil.

Puddles of skin and blood don't beat the life out of anything stick out tongue

Majestic isn't immune to gravity, he is able to overcome massive gravity fields. He might feel a nudge or two from Graviton, but that doesn't mean he's going to get tossed around or anything like that.

He may have overcome large Gravity fields before (i haven't read anything with him in it) but i would suspect those fields were constant rather than able to be increased or moved from one instant to another....... him pulling away from a black hole (if he did) isn't the same as having black hole or greater levels of Gravity concentrated inside him or constantly on or beneath him

EDIT: By the way, is Graviton visible when he's behind one of his forcefields?

He is, but that doesn't mean he is incapable of producing Gravity fields that light cannot escape...... he is part of and has control over all gravity, he can cause Majestic's personal gravity field to increase to the point where everything around him will stick to him....... which would be quite annoying if that included his team mates

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 12:52 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

"He can use his powers over gravity to raise his own island in the sky, and also grant limited power over gravity to anyone he wishes. This allows his followers to fly and have gravitational armor like him. These powers are still at his command and he can revoke them with a thought."

I had forgotten about this big grin ........ Graviton can give anyone the ability to fly so we'll have Puma, Carnage, Hawkeye and Scourge using their 3 hour prep time to practice basic flying....... which will take them out of the reach of Hawksmoor and give them stronger defenses

"He can even keep the effects of his power in motion while distracted or sleeping"

this is useful too....... i wonder if the people who started the internet knew it would be used by people to look up info for comic book related battles? laughing out loud ....... i would think they would as they were undoubtedly geeks themselves

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 12:57 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

i don't know if he has...... but he himself could do that very thing

When has he EVER moved planets?

i'm not sure what you're getting at....... why would he be trying to outrun anything?

You brought up Wonder Man's speed. My point is, no matter how fast he is, he isn't faster than a stream of electrons.

In the Vision Dragon Man part i meant DM would be confused and bewildered as to why he couldn't touch vision rather than being stunned by any force brought against him

Fine, but Wonder Man isn't going to tear Dragon Man apart with the first blow. Dragon Man takes the hit, hits back and finds he can actually touch this guy, and goes to town on him.

He beat Black Adam easily enough..... wink ..... all he has to do is up the level of his assaults

Lol, in the actual comic, I don't think he'd have such an easy time. And, again, Black Adam is not anywhere near Majestic's raw power.

Graviton has remarkable control over his power, he can increase the Gravity in one area and not have it affect the surrounding landscape.... of course he probably could rip the planet apart....... i just don't think he'd choose to

But you have yet to convince me that he has the power needed to have an effect on Majestic. I'm not talking about what you think he should be able to do, I'm talking about what he HAS done.

Puddles of skin and blood don't beat the life out of anything stick out tongue

And a Graviton facing an immortal superman isn't going to be turning ANYONE else into puddles.laughing out loud

He may have overcome large Gravity fields before (i haven't read anything with him in it) but i would suspect those fields were constant rather than able to be increased or moved from one instant to another....... him pulling away from a black hole (if he did) isn't the same as having black hole or greater levels of Gravity concentrated inside him or constantly on or beneath him

You're forgetting superspeed. Majestic can land as many punches as it takes to break Graviton's base force field before he even realizes it's going down. And, at that point, he is DEAD. Majestic does not hesitate to kill his opponents.

He is, but that doesn't mean he is incapable of producing Gravity fields that light cannot escape...... he is part of and has control over all gravity, he can cause Majestic's personal gravity field to increase to the point where everything around him will stick to him....... which would be quite annoying if that included his team mates

BINGO. Majestic can hit the field with two punches at superspeed, decide to try somethind else, blur behind Graviton and hit him in the back of the skull with laser vision. This isn't heat vision, it's a laser, which means it is light. Which means it can get through Graviton's forcefield just like any other visible light.

"He can use his powers over gravity to raise his own island in the sky, and also grant limited power over gravity to anyone he wishes. This allows his followers to fly and have gravitational armor like him. These powers are still at his command and he can revoke them with a thought."

I had forgotten about this big grin ........ Graviton can give anyone the ability to fly so we'll have Puma, Carnage, Hawkeye and Scourge using their 3 hour prep time to practice basic flying....... which will take them out of the reach of Hawksmoor and give them stronger defenses

"He can even keep the effects of his power in motion while distracted or sleeping"

this is useful too....... i wonder if the people who started the internet knew it would be used by people to look up info for comic book related battles? laughing out loud ....... i would think they would as they were undoubtedly geeks themselves

Fine, they can all fly. Haksmoor tells Jenny to take care of them. She electrocutes them all in midair, the same way she burnt out a fleet of alien attack ships in the Authority.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 01:15 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

You brought up Wonder Man's speed. My point is, no matter how fast he is, he isn't faster than a stream of electrons.

but he is faster than Black Bolt in both movement speed and reflex speed

Fine, but Wonder Man isn't going to tear Dragon Man apart with the first blow. Dragon Man takes the hit, hits back and finds he can actually touch this guy, and goes to town on him.

I never meant to imply it would only take one hit, but Wonderman is smaller faster and pretty much as strong...... not to mention smarter, more experienced and better trained in the use of his powers.....Dragon Man is just a big slow moving target to him

But you have yet to convince me that he has the power needed to have an effect on Majestic. I'm not talking about what you think he should be able to do, I'm talking about what he HAS done.

the thing is he (as a bad guy) doesn't make as many appearances, so we can only go by what was done the last time or two he showed up..... unless you just want to go by the fact that nothing has gotten through his shield smile

You're forgetting superspeed. Majestic can land as many punches as it takes to break Graviton's base force field before he even realizes it's going down. And, at that point, he is DEAD. Majestic does not hesitate to kill his opponents.

Graviton has killed without mercy as well and the Force field may not even be breakable....... going by "what he HAS done"...... cool

BINGO. Majestic can hit the field with two punches at superspeed, decide to try somethind else, blur behind Graviton and hit him in the back of the skull with laser vision. This isn't heat vision, it's a laser, which means it is light. Which means it can get through Graviton's forcefield just like any other visible light.

actually the shield has blocked many types of energy blast including lasers as well as Visions infrared and microwave blasts, which work on the same principles as light.... it also blocked blasts from Thor's hammer

as for getting behind him to use it.... the shield is spherical, it works just as well on his blind side...... not that he has a "blind side" as he can sense the gravity disturbances caused by his opponents bodies

Fine, they can all fly. Haksmoor tells Jenny to take care of them. She electrocutes them all in midair, the same way she burnt out a fleet of alien attack ships in the Authority.

I didn't say they would all be flying all the time, just that they could if they needed to, they aren't experienced with flight and will not overuse it and leave themselves vulnerable to this sort of attack

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 01:45 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

maybe we should appeal to a moderator to change the names in the voting field........ y'know........ incase anyone decides to vote....... stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 01:48 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

maybe we should appeal to a moderator to change the names in the voting field........ y'know........ incase anyone decides to vote....... stick out tongue

LOL That might be nice. laughing out loud Of course, the mods haven't even gotten around to taking down the last tournament thread, so who knows how possible that is.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 01:54 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

but he is faster than Black Bolt in both movement speed and reflex speed

And Blakc Bolt would know this, if not before the fight began then certainly after the first punch he took form WM. Then, it's all electron blasts till unconsciousness, baby.

I never meant to imply it would only take one hit, but Wonderman is smaller faster and pretty much as strong...... not to mention smarter, more experienced and better trained in the use of his powers.....Dragon Man is just a big slow moving target to him

You'll notice I haven't been arguing that WM would beat DM. My point is that DM is more than powerful enough to keep WM busy until Black Bolt can step in.

the thing is he (as a bad guy) doesn't make as many appearances, so we can only go by what was done the last time or two he showed up..... unless you just want to go by the fact that nothing has gotten through his shield smile

But he has made enough appearances that you decided to choose him as your everyman. Has anything his forcefield repelled even come close to what Majestic could bring against him?

Graviton has killed without mercy as well and the Force field may not even be breakable....... going by "what he HAS done"...... cool

But see, we know that anything with a gravitational pull as storng as a black hole or our sun can be easily resisted by Majestic. There is some doubt Graviton could even produce a field that strong. Unless I've missed something, we've never seen Graviton stand up to anything close to hundreds of beyond class 100 punches per second.

actually the shield has blocked many types of energy blast including lasers as well as Visions infrared and microwave blasts, which work on the same principles as light.... it also blocked blasts from Thor's hammer

Aah, but that was infrared and microwave radiation, they weren't visible light. Majestic's laser vision is indeed visible light. The fact that he could be seen means his forcefield does not block that piece fot he electromagnetic spectrum out.

as for getting behind him to use it.... the shield is spherical, it works just as well on his blind side...... not that he has a "blind side" as he can sense the gravity disturbances caused by his opponents bodies

I know it's spherical. The point of getting behind him is that he would have no chance of blocking the laser vision. And, at superspeed, Majestic can be behind him and burning away his skull before Graviton's brain processes the gravity disturbances.

I didn't say they would all be flying all the time, just that they could if they needed to, they aren't experienced with flight and will not overuse it and leave themselves vulnerable to this sort of attack

Well then what's the point? I mean, you just admitted that they aren't as skilled at using the powers as Graviton, which means even if they managed to beat everyone else (incredibly unlikely), Jenny could still electrocute them.

EDIT:

Man, whether they did or not, it IS damn useful. Hell, internet research is how I've kept Bishop vs Doom going so long.laughing laughing

Last edited by Khellendros on Mar 20th, 2005 at 02:14 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 02:06 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

please tell me you are not on the side of Bishop in the Bishop/Doom thread.......

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 02:17 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

And Blakc Bolt would know this, if not before the fight began then certainly after the first punch he took form WM. Then, it's all electron blasts till unconsciousness, baby.

Unless Vision takes a pot shot at him with his microwave beam before engaging Dragon Man, that would hurt if not kill him with his attention focused on WM, if it only hurt him it would leave him open to a good skull cracking from WM

But he has made enough appearances that you decided to choose him as your everyman. Has anything his forcefield repelled even come close to what Majestic could bring against him?

he repelled Thor's strongest physical blows and his godforce blast

But see, we know that anything with a gravitational pull as storng as a black hole or our sun can be easily resisted by Majestic. There is some doubt Graviton could even produce a field that strong. Unless I've missed something, we've never seen Graviton stand up to anything close to hundreds of beyond class 100 punches per second.

maybe not hundreds per second, but his shield has been left unaffected by other class 100 guys....... there's no reason to assume that 100 hits would have any more effect than 1 hit as it isn't a solid physical object that is trying to be broken, besides the faster you try to punch the less force you get into each shot.... it wouldn't be like loads of full force punches, just a lot of mediocre ones

Aah, but that was infrared and microwave radiation, they weren't visible light. Majestic's laser vision is indeed visible light. The fact that he could be seen means his forcefield does not block that piece fot he electromagnetic spectrum out.

infrared is light whether it is visible to humans or not (Wonderman can see in infrared)
However, when going against the Redeemers Fixer was present with his tech pack, he performed a full scan of Graviton and had the ability to use or create weapons that would prove useful via the tech pack...... if a simple laser would have worked he'd have used it........ he also held all of earth's heroes suspended in the air....... including Photon.....(or captain marvel, or whatever she's called now) and she can transform into any part of the electromagnetic spectrum including light but she couldn't escape

Well then what's the point? I mean, you just admitted that they aren't as skilled at using the powers as Graviton, which means even if they managed to beat everyone else (incredibly unlikely), Jenny could still electrocute them.

no they aren't as skilled at flight as graviton but with 3 hours of prep he can teach them how to use their shields properly at the very least.
the point is that they will have additional speed, maneuvering ability and resistance to injury in their individual battles ....... for example: if Hawksmoor tried to "liquefy the pavement" they could easily escape through flight...... hell they could just float off the ground against him just to be safe
(the criminals he recruited to "sky island" used their newfound powers to an effective degree within hours of receiving them)

even Wonderman and Vision who can already fly would be given additional shielding and with Wonderman practically indestructible already that means trouble for Dragon Man and Black Bolt

and when they do beat everyone else.......if jenny is still around, Graviton can tear her apart with a thought..... exactly like he did to jolt

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 02:42 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

SIDE NOTE: wink

Majestic flies through suns and rends them in two. .

this has been bugging me........ physically speaking, exactly how can a human sized person, of any strength level, rip a star apart? stars are made of gas and have enormous gravity.......... if part of it were somehow moved the gravity would pull it back......like a solar flare........ how can it been torn apart?????

He has closed a black hole.

again..........HOW? ............ lol............... the physical realities of it seem ludicrous...... how do you close a black hole????

these two tasks seem pretty ridiculous for a person of physical power, regardless of how much he might have........ if you have the comics i'd love to hear how it was explained

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 04:15 AM