KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Tired Hiker's News Brief!!

Tired Hiker's News Brief!!
Started by: Tired Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Tired Hiker's News Brief!!

Okay, as some of you know, I am a news photographer and I go out with reporters and get the story. I will try to post here every weekday, telling you, the people, what story I worked on for that day. Here is the first entry.

ENTRY #1

Today Felix Cortez and I interviewed District Attorney, Terry Spitz, regarding a lawsuit against a Public Deffender who closed 85 cases and she never had a license. erm

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 09:23 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TPS
TheProgramSmith

You know what I haven't had in a while? FunDip.

Even the stick was delicious.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 09:24 PM
TPS is currently offline Click here to Send TPS a Private Message Find more posts by TPS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by TheProgramSmith

Then you should sue somebody!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 09:27 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TPS
TheProgramSmith

Does it involve me getting up?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 09:29 PM
TPS is currently offline Click here to Send TPS a Private Message Find more posts by TPS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Does it involve me getting up?

No, suing somebody is just a mouse click away!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 09:33 PM
TPS
TheProgramSmith

Theres a fly in my office. Can I sue about that?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 09:34 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Probably. I'm not a lawyer. erm

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 09:55 PM
TPS
TheProgramSmith

Then what good are you?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 10:05 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Entry #2

Today I shot an interview of Jakob Houser, a local boy who lives in Corrititas near Santa Cruz. He was on Junior Jeopardy which was taped a few weeks ago. He lost.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 02:16 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Entry #3

Right now I am at the Salinas Courthouse with investigative reporter, Felix Cortez. He is looking through a crime file on a guy who beat up his wife yesterday. Not the most fun story to do, so I'm looking forward to this day being over.

On the lighter side; I'm stoked that the file room has computers with DSL! Yeah baby!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 06:04 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

you have a JOB?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 06:19 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
you have a JOB?

laughing out loud Yeah, I shoot local news for KSBW 8 in Salinas, California. I know you hate the media, but please don't hate me for it. It allows me to hang out on KMC on my down time. I'm actually working right now. Also, I don't even watch TV. erm

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 06:25 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
laughing out loud Yeah, I shoot local news for KSBW 8 in Salinas, California. I know you hate the media, but please don't hate me for it.

cool gig. I will hate you for other, better reasons!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 06:50 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
cool gig. I will hate you for other, better reasons!
laughing out loud

Entry #4 Today I'm working on some lame Flu Vaccination Shot thingy. It's really not that exciting. I went and got shots of Pharmacies and set up a live shot for midday. erm

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 10:13 PM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

oh yes...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 10:28 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lianslo
chasing the music

You get to visit KMC while you work? that rocks smile but your job sounds interesting anyways, and btw, I love your sig smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 10:42 PM
Lianslo is currently offline Click here to Send Lianslo a Private Message Find more posts by Lianslo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by Lianslo
You get to visit KMC while you work? that rocks smile but your job sounds interesting anyways, and btw, I love your sig smile

Thank you! I love my sig too. I have Link and Misha to thank for that. smile

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 12:42 AM
BrOwnEyeDBitCh
Restricted

Account Restricted

your sig is great! it makes me creme my panties<3

Her eyes gleam with sadness, as tears begin to fall, she stands alone, as if she is a rose surrounded by thorns. Her sadness will immerse her already broken heart

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 12:47 AM
BrOwnEyeDBitCh is currently offline Click here to Send BrOwnEyeDBitCh a Private Message Find more posts by BrOwnEyeDBitCh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by BrOwnEyeDBitCh
your sig is great! it makes me creme my panties<3
eek! Wow!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 12:50 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I had no time to post here yesterday, Friday, so I will do it now.

Entry #5

Yesterday I shot the O'niel Cold Water Classic Surfing Competition, which was moved from Steamer's Lane, Santa Cruz, fourteen miles north to Wadell Creek because the waves were flat at Steamer's. Then I shot a memorial for the first Marine from Santa Cruz who was killed in Iraq. Then I shot video of the Coastal Berry Factory because it was bought out by some big corporate franchise, then I edited a bunch of stuff for the 5 and 6 o'clock news, and then I did a live shot at Salinas High School for 'Operation Football' and then I shot highlights for two other high school football games for the 11 o'clock news. I never got to take a lunch break and I earned 3 1/2 hours of overtime.

Last edited by Tired-Hiker on Oct 24th, 2004 at 04:55 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2004 04:52 AM