KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gladiator vs Darksied

Gladiator vs Darksied
Started by: kgkg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kgkg
Vigilante

Gladiator vs Darksied

lets get the fight started

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:13 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Darksied....that omega beam anit nuthin ta F**k with.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:15 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Omega Beams won't work in the Marvel Universe ^^

Not certain if they will even work on a Marvel character, since there is no "Source" in the Marvel Universe.

He tried that with Galactus. Galactus smirked and put him dowwwwn.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:22 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

i think it didn't work on galactus since he is A cosmic entity with way more power that darksied can imagine.

But his omega beam should work on spider-man and other peeps and superheros.

I think it was because galactus is at a high cosmic level

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:26 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by kgkg
i think it didn't work on galactus since he is A cosmic entity with way more power that darksied can imagine.

Uh, no, considering John Byrne opined that they are about equal in terms of power.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:27 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

are you saying darksied is equal to galactus?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:28 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

yeah Never is that what your saying?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:29 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Do either of you know exactly who Darkseid is? Are you kidding? LoL, yes he is equal -- and in many eyes, quite a bit more powerful.

Remember that DC characters are, on average, more powerful than your average Marvel characters.

A quote from a bio I dug through:

"Though he often acts through his agents, Darkseid is one of the universe's most powerful beings, possessing near limitless strength and invulnerability. Darkseid's most terrifying power is the "Omega Effect" -- potent beams of energy projected from his eyes that can lock on and trace their chosen targets. When the beams do inevitably connect, they produce one of any number of effects, ranging from disentigration to teleporting the target across time and space."

I mean...LoL, have you read any of the older comics with Darkseid in it? Galactus consumes planets; Darkseid has rearranged an entire cosmos.

And no, you must not know Darkseid. They have been writing him differently.

Re: Marvel having "big dogs," they have about 20. DC has about 130.

Easily.

And I said that JOHN BYRNE, who has written both the Galactus and Darkseid characters, also said that, in HIS opinion, they are about equal.

Last edited by Never on Feb 21st, 2005 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:32 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

hey! I know Darkseid and I don't completely agree with your statement...marvel got some "big dogs" too.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:34 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

silver surfer will distroy darksied how is he a match for galactus (someone who created creatures that will eat darksied for lunch)

Galactus has the power to distroy the universe , and darksied got his ass kicked by superman this is too funny can you please explain how his on glactus level)

Even if he was 100 times stonger than superman he will still be no match for galactus.

Do you even know who galactus is.

Yes darksied is one bad mofo but is he a roach compare to galactus

expalin how darksied is equal to galactus other than darkseid is a GOD lmao

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:40 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Yeah you go kgkg if Darksied struggles against Supes how could he beat big G.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:42 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

laughing

Silver Surfer could take Darkseid if he wasn't a pacifist. Orion and Superman give Darkseid trouble. Surfer is miniscule compared to a full powered Galactus.

The Omega Beams would be the deciding factor between Darkseid and Gladiator (basically Pre-Crisis Supes with a mohawk and superiority complex). If they work, Darkseid wins easily. If they don't, maybe Darkseid will miraculously for no apparent reason gain the knowledge that Gladiator has a weakness to a rare form of radiation like the Hulk did when they fought (even though Gladiator flies through space under his own power unprotected and through stars, wormholes, stargates, time, etc, is constantly bombarded with known and unknown types of radiation, and has no ill effects).

So Darkseid should win due to Gladiator's obscure 'weakness'.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Feb 21st, 2005 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:43 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

LoL, someone must be snorting Ajax.

I guess that's why Surfer chose to battle Orion instead of Darkseid in the crossover (only frame of reference that we have)? LoL @ Surfer could take Darkseid.

This is why Darkseid has rearranged entire universes? Darkseid also has a planets FULL of parademons -- forgot about those? Forgot about his Mother Box? His Boom Tubes? The more I think about this, the funnier it gets.

Darkseid losing to Superman is absolutely horrific writing (to hell with the Super Friends version -- let's talk KIRBY'S Darkseid). The only person in the DCU to ever stand up to The Omega Effect is Doomsday...because he cannot die.

Darkseid is a GOD. Silver Surfer is a HERALD (or former herald).

Are you kidding me? He raises his eyebrow and worlds start to tremble!

*shrug* LoL, whatevs.

And no, Gladiator cannot defeat Darkseid. The Hulk stomped the living hell out of GLadiator already.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:52 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Gladiator could Never and I mean Never...never,never, never ,never, never, never, never, never beat Darkseid...it anit never gonna happen!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:00 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Orion can take Darkseid. He's preordained to do it, right?

>Z<

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:03 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

i think Darksied kick Orion's ass

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:07 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

usually big D does...but one day Orion beat his poppy Darkie...was Darksied sick that day....I don't know but 9 times out of 10 darksied beats Orion...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:09 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

The prophesy was that Orion would kill Darkseid one day. I can't remember the exact comic though.

>Z<

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:15 PM
The Flash
Faster Than You

Darkseid would win.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 10:45 PM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

quote:
Originally posted by Never
LoL, someone must be snorting Ajax.

I guess that's why Surfer chose to battle Orion instead of Darkseid in the crossover (only frame of reference that we have)? LoL @ Surfer could take Darkseid.

This is why Darkseid has rearranged entire universes? Darkseid also has a planets FULL of parademons -- forgot about those? Forgot about his Mother Box? His Boom Tubes? The more I think about this, the funnier it gets.

Darkseid losing to Superman is absolutely horrific writing (to hell with the Super Friends version -- let's talk KIRBY'S Darkseid). The only person in the DCU to ever stand up to The Omega Effect is Doomsday...because he cannot die.

Darkseid is a GOD. Silver Surfer is a HERALD (or former herald).

Are you kidding me? He raises his eyebrow and worlds start to tremble!

*shrug* LoL, whatevs.

And no, Gladiator cannot defeat Darkseid. The Hulk stomped the living hell out of GLadiator already.

If we're talking about Pre-Crisis Darkseid than yes. That was basically Darkseid as Kirby intended. However, since this isn't Pre-Crisis Darkseid, he ain't on a hungry Galactus' level.

Full powered Galactus (ex: destroying Galaxies in his battle with full powered Tyrant) > Pre-Crisis Darkseid
Starving Galactus > Post Crisis Darkseid

In that crossover, a hungry Galactus took on Apokolip forces and Darkseid. Darkseid's Omega Effect didn't work on Galactus because Galan an essential to the universe and more powerful as well. The OE can't kill anything that an essential to the universe, therefore, couldn't kill Galactus. After that attack, Galactus sent Darkseid flying. Darksied and his forces couldn't stop a hungry Galactus; hence, Darkseid is not equal to Galactus.

And despite what Byrne said, this crossover and other feats by both characters says otherwise.

In that same crossover, Silver punked Orion, while Darkseid actually was hurting Surfer with his Omega Beams (not Omega Effect).

Gladiator wins 3/10.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:31 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote