KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RP General Discussion

RP General Discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (685): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

RP General Discussion

I always considered the possibility of a general discussion thread for the RP area but thought the demand wasn't there. However, Lance's RP discussion thread in the GDF went to 100 posts quickly, so I am opening up an official one here.

Want to discuss game events? Strategy? Taunt your opponents- or even your friends? Talk about possible future developments? Well, this is the place to do it!

We were just talking about future games; I had just mentioned I was working for a game set during the New Jedi Order. The problems with running a game during the Original Trilogy were also discussed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 19th, 2014 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:06 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Now back to the RP discussion. In the NJO game I think I may just be a part of the Jedi. I know it's unoriginal but they are the funnest part of the games.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:08 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You would start off less powerful than the Jedi you play in these games. Powerful enough to handle yourself, though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:09 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Because the NJO is still pretty much in it's infancy?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:10 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Exactly. Any sabre-wielding opponents would be equally inexperienced. Mostly...

BtVS

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:14 AM
LanceWindu

Do we have to have created players or could we use characters that are in the NJO?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:15 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'd have to check the NJO storyline more carefully. I am always nervous about using already existing characters as I might totally bugger up continuity with the offical storyline.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:16 AM
LanceWindu

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak in the SABRE DUEL- Lance Windu vs. Gald
Afraid I have to bail for now- it's quarter past three in the morning! And I have some work to do tomorrow.

It's been fun!

Well see ya later. We might just finish the duel tomorrow.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:17 AM
REXXXX
Networking

This was in the other thread, but I thought I'd put it here.

You said that these current games only go through the Prequel-era. That gives me an idea. How about you have the off-spring or relatives of the Prequel-era games go through the events of the Original-era. With Imperials and all that stuff? Just a suggestion.

What do ya' think? Good idea?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:38 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I think I wrote it wrong. I ment send the children or cousins, nephews, whatever, through the events of the Original Trilogy-era.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:39 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

But you know they can't be Jedi right?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 03:41 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh. They could be in hiding, somewhere uncharted, but finally come out of no-where and reveal themselves to the kin fo the Dark-siders. It would take lots of planning to do.

I'm trying to get Ush to help me with my RPG. He hasn't PMed me about it yet.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 04:11 AM
yerssot

no children as you know (not if you are a bad guy)
because that's breaking the code

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 10:30 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, Rex, once everyone's finale plot is started I'm putting up the poll about your game.

As I discussed in the other thread, the NJO game IS a semi-sequel to the current game, though you do not necessarily play descendants of your current players. Also, because Jedi players in that game would be less poweeful you can play any sort of character from the NEw Republic that you like, and not worry about being totally outclassed.

You can't be a Jedi in an OT set game; the films are very clear about the Jedi being ALL gone.

An opposed OT game is also tricky. With the vast resoruces of the Empire I have to think of very specific scenarios tro stop the Imperials simpyl wiping everyone out, Hoth style. Unless I rely on the Imperials being extremely stupid, ROTJ style.

An OT game would most likely be good guys only. Much like my planned NJO game.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 01:14 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Okay, never mind those two stupid ideas of mine. When will we begin work on my RPG? I might want to tell them the name just so they know.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 04:18 PM
yerssot

like he said; after this one a poll

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 05:38 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Just wait to tell us and then keep working on different scenarios that would make it even better.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 06:26 PM
LanceWindu

I wish Captin REX and Ush were here so we could finish the duel.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 10:43 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm here.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 11:06 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Don't think that an OT game is stupid, Rex, it just requires a lot of work is all.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 11:07 PM