KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs Dr Manhattan

Thanos vs Dr Manhattan
Started by: R.O.T. Yahman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos vs Dr Manhattan

Now i know a lot of you have read the Watchmen and know how powerful this guy is. Can Thanos defeat him, or will nobody reply to this thread because its not about Marvel street level characters or the incredible Hulk. ? smile

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 06:43 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

We don't know enough about Dr. Manhattan - his powers were impressive, but not very well defined.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 06:55 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by who?-kid
We don't know enough about Dr. Manhattan - his powers were impressive, but not very well defined.

I believe his powers over matter manipulation are greater than Thanos's but i maybe wrong. smile

I suppose he could Teleport him into a Super massive Black Hole or a Quasar. I doubt even Thanos could survive in either of those. smile

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 07:04 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Thanos has survive black hole, curse by death, two upgrades. Thanos will out think Dr. Manhatten, the watchmen was a good book.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 07:13 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Takion

Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos has survive black hole, curse by death, two upgrades. Thanos will out think Dr. Manhatten, the watchmen was a good book.

Dr. Manhattan is omniscient and omnipotent. Thanos would be no problem to him.

Thank You Scarlet Speed/Flash/Surfer/GL smile

Old Post May 10th, 2006 07:25 PM
Takion is currently offline Click here to Send Takion a Private Message Find more posts by Takion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Thanos has survive black hole, curse by death, two upgrades. Thanos will out think Dr. Manhattan, the watchmen was a good book.

I'm not sure if that is possible as [SPOILER - highlight to read]: towards the end of Watchmen, Jon began to experience time nonlinearly. Meaning that he would know what Thanos was going to do before Thanos does (assuming, of course, Dr. Manhattan chooses to act on this knowledge). And I think it was at least implied that at the end of Watchmen, Jon had reached godhood, literally

I'd go with Dr. Manhattan 10/10 (although he doesn't have nearly as many feats)

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post May 10th, 2006 07:25 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

How can you out think an opponent who can, in a way, predict the future ? Dr. Manhattan seemed to live in the past, present and future at the same time.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 07:26 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supermassive balck holes arent your run of the mill planet destroying black holes, they literally hold galaxies together. Its like comparing a anti tank shell with a meagaton nuclear war head. I doubt Thanos could get out of a Super massive black hole. smile

Old Post May 10th, 2006 07:39 PM
the Darkone

He has, so there goes your arguement.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 08:28 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordKaos
LET KAOS REIGN!

Sorry got so caught up in a galactus thread i didn't pay attention to this one, so if you read the crap i posted before i made an edit TS! no really i really wasn't paying attention embarrasment

Last edited by LordKaos on May 10th, 2006 at 08:54 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2006 08:42 PM
LordKaos is currently offline Click here to Send LordKaos a Private Message Find more posts by LordKaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Takion
Dr. Manhattan is omniscient and omnipotent. Thanos would be no problem to him.

Yes, that's a major difference there. The only thing about Jon is, even though he can see the future coming, he hardly acts on his knowledge and goes with the flow instead. He'd let things happen to him as an experiment, because he is even harder to kill than Thanos, probably. His mind is preoccupied with such larger matters, it's not easy to motivate him to fight. But, with that motivation, he could defeat Thanos more often than not.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 04:03 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

oh no not this thead again!!!! the doc baby

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 04:31 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

the point is he'd know thanos every move if he saw a totally live threatning thing comming i would hope he didnt let thanos get away with it, and no galaxy holding black holes thanos would not servive it, your thinking smaller black holes there is a diffrence, anyway thanos loses this sorry.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 04:39 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Mider
the point is he'd know thanos every move if he saw a totally live threatning thing comming i would hope he didnt let thanos get away with it, and no galaxy holding black holes thanos would not servive it, your thinking smaller black holes there is a diffrence, anyway thanos loses this sorry.
Its funny how you seem to post in every single Thanos thread just to bash him.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 04:46 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Originally posted by Mider
And yet, Dr. Manhattan wound up being manipulated by Adrian Veidt. He did exactly as Veidt wanted him to; he joined his point of view, in the end. Thanos's intellect far exceeds Veidt's. The Mad Titan is more than capable of bending Jon's will to his own.

I should mention that Dr. Manhattan is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. He could experience time nonlinearly, but he was still interpretting what he experienced through a basic, human intellect. Thanos has beaten beings with vastly more powerful intellects.

Dr. Manhattan is a lightweight in comparison to Thanos.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 06:41 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Dr. Manhatten kicks Thanos ass while finding a cure for cancer stick out tongue

Is it just me or did anyone else not understand Watchmen?? confused

Seriously i've read it like 3 times and I still dont get it.

Same with COIE

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 07:38 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Doc. Manhattan had, as far as I know, complete or almost complete control over molecules and atoms. Basically, he could turn a gun into a flower and so.

He could also teleport wherever he wanted, and it's well in his possibilities to teleport Thanos to the heart of a sun. Doc. Manhattan had also super human strength, could turn himself into a giant, could see into the future, is nearly impossible to kill and is also very smart. Oh, he could also duplicate himself.

The reason Adrian manipulated him, was because he was planning it for a loooong time and because he knew Manhattan like the palm of his hand and because he was messing with Manhattans head so he couldn't see the future anymore.

But still, in the end Adrian failed.

(I read somewhere that there exists a theory that Doc. Manhattan, who left Earth to create a new mankind, would be "The Source" of the DC universe. This is of course nonsense, but it tells us something about his powers.)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 07:41 PM
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by Grimm22
Dr. Manhatten kicks Thanos ass while finding a cure for cancer stick out tongue

Is it just me or did anyone else not understand Watchmen?? confused

Seriously i've read it like 3 times and I still dont get it.

Same with COIE

What exactly you don't understand ?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 07:41 PM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by who?-kid
What exactly you don't understand ?

I dont know.

I guess the ending no expression

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 07:43 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

Jesus 10/10

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 07:44 PM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote