KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » Poll for 'Revenge'- Light Side players.

What is my favoured Force Philosophy?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Living Force- Live for the moment and trust your instincts 6 75.00%
The Cosmic Force- Be mindful of the future and be not reckless 1 12.50%
I thought a good Jedi was all about balance? 1 12.50%
This sort of thing is way over my head 0 0%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Poll for 'Revenge'- Light Side players.
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Poll for 'Revenge'- Light Side players.

I have only done one before- for the Dark Side players- but I am hoping to do occasional (and entirely voluntary) polls on people in my games with the objective of finding out some more about their characters.

This poll quizzes you as to your attitude towards the Force, and how it splits.

To explain:

The Living Force is that part of the Force that makes you sensitive to all things. It allows you to read minds, sense others, control the weak-minded (and presumably to make yourself faster, stronger, and jump higher, and so on). At its higher levels it is about feeling the connection between all living things.

The Cosmic Force is the part of the Force that allows you to sense the future (giving you your amazing reflexes) and sense the impact people have on the Universe. At its higher levels it is about predicting the future and choosing your actions based omn that prediction.

Those who favour the Living Force (like Qui-Gon) are very big on living for the moment, letting your feelings guide you, and trusting in the Force to provide a solution (which it often seems to do). They feel more, act more readily and have astounding instinct, but some may consider them reckless.

Those who favour the Cosmic Force (like Yoda and Sidious) are very thoughtful, careful planners, who achieve astonishing wisdom, can see changes and things yet to come from a long way off and have great insights into the Universe. But some may consider them static, indecisive and withdrawn.

Bear in mind that this choice will not actually affect what your character can do; as far as I am concerned it is just a matter of philosophy. I believe the default for a Jedi is to favour the Cosmic Force.

Trying to balance the two may seem like an obvious win-win choice but I am sure if it was that simple then ALL Jedi would see it like that; as they don't there must be pressing reasons to favour one or the other. You may, however, consider the Skywalkers to be a perfect blending of the two.

As for option four... I am pretty sure there are some Jedi who really don't understand what to think one way or another.

I look forward to your feedback...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 4th, 2002 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2002 11:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Lance lives for the moment.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2002 01:11 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

I chose the cosmic

Old Post Apr 4th, 2002 02:50 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

*runs in*
whey! I hoped for some nice spoilers here!sad

Yerssot clearly is for the Living Force, no one can make stupid decisions like him in a second big grin

Hi Lance, Hi mah

Old Post Apr 4th, 2002 05:23 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ki-Adi Gallia

Um... Oops.. I am actually the third choice... but didn't really understand until after I'd posted and saw the explanation... Sorry...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 05:30 PM
Ki-Adi Gallia is currently offline Click here to Send Ki-Adi Gallia a Private Message Find more posts by Ki-Adi Gallia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No worries! Easily edited, and voila!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 5th, 2002 07:00 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

No question. Living Force.

IMHO, Qui Gon was everything I personally would imagine a Jedi to be.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2002 02:02 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

old, defying the concil and dead?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2002 03:00 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote