KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA All-Star 2005

NBA All-Star 2005
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

NBA All-Star 2005

Alright, couple categories and feel free to ask your own questions as well.

1. Who do you WANT to be the starting line-up?
East:
PG: Wade
SG: Lebron
SF: G. Hill
PF: D. Howard
C: Ben Wallace
(however, I've been voting for Vince over Howard just in case he comes to Portland. Btw: Does anybody know how that works if he gets a lot of votes on the Eastern ballot but is sent to the West?)

West:
PG: Manu Ginobili
SG: McGrady
SF: Garnett
PF: Duncan
C: Theo Ratliff

2. Who do you think WILL be in the starting line-up?
East:
PG: Wade or Francis (possibly Iverson)
SG: Lebron
The 2 forwards: Some combo 2 of either Jermaine, Hill, and Vince
C: Shaq or Big Ben (Shaq has a huge following but so does Ben, plus Ben is coming off of a championship so it could be close)

West:
G: Kobe
G: McGrady
SF: Garnett
PF: Duncan
C: Yao

3. Others you think may be selected by coaches that either weren't last year or that could be iffy:
Boozer, Zach Randolph, Ray Allen (he has to make it this year), Parker, Carmelo (hope not), and it would be cool if Zo could be selected to come back.

Dunk Contest:
I don't care as long as Lebron does it. Richardson would be cool again but that won't happen. Fred Jones should defend (and get wasted).

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 10:20 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

they have the ballot out waaay to early this year....if carter gets traded to the west than his votes just go with him i'm pretty sure thats how it works....wade's popularity is skyrocketed each game he plays so he'll probly get a starting position but i doubt it will be at the 1

1.iverson or francis
2.wade
3.lebron
4.wallace
5.shaq

thats probaly what the east is gonna look like

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 12:59 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I would like to see:

East
1. Wade/Francis
2. James
3. Hill
4. O'Neal
5. Shaq

West
1. T-Mac
2. Kobe
3. KG
4. Duncan/Stoudemire
5. Yao

D-Wade would be cool to see in the dunk contest as well.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 01:28 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by koolruningz
[
D-Wade would be cool to see in the dunk contest as well. [/B]

i was thinking that but i dont think he will enter

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 01:42 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Shame, i'll have to make do with NBA Live 2005.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 01:50 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

NBA 2K5 is better...but the slam dunk and 3 point contest are awesome in Live O5

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 01:52 AM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

2K5 hasn't come out here yet, can you believe that? mad

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 02:15 AM
wuTa

bummer....its cheap to...its only 20 bucks here..games are usually 50

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 02:20 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
they have the ballot out waaay to early this year....if carter gets traded to the west than his votes just go with him i'm pretty sure thats how it works....wade's popularity is skyrocketed each game he plays so he'll probly get a starting position but i doubt it will be at the 1

1.iverson or francis
2.wade
3.lebron
4.wallace
5.shaq

thats probaly what the east is gonna look like

Problem with that line-up is that they do it according to the ballot. Ben Wallace is listed as a C so only him OR Shaq will start. Lebron is listed as a G so it will be Wade, Lebron, Iverson and Francis competing only for the 2 G spots (no pun intended). What is dumb about Carter getting traded and his votes carrying over is this:

In East, he will get tons of votes at Forward compared to the West because there is less compitition. So if he gets traded, to the West, he will have an unfair advantage over Duncan and everybody else he could pass up even though he wouldn't if he was on the ballot directly against those players.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 08:08 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
NBA 2K5 is better

no it isnt

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 09:05 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I love playing 2005 and i'm also looking forward to playing 2K5. I'll leave it at that. whistle

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 09:51 PM
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
Problem with that line-up is that they do it according to the ballot. Ben Wallace is listed as a C so only him OR Shaq will start. Lebron is listed as a G so it will be Wade, Lebron, Iverson and Francis competing only for the 2 G spots (no pun intended).

i dont know why they have lebron listed as a guard...maybe its because he's a 3 and some 3s are just shooting guards playing swingman or they just listed him as a G or made a mistake...either way if he is elected to start it should be at the 3 spot

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 11:46 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

"should be" is different than what happens. Btw, Live 2005 is better. The 2K series can suck on my nuts.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 12:17 AM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Btw, Live 2005 is better. The 2K series can suck on my nuts.

Nice review. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 12:20 AM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

quote:
Btw, Live 2005 is better. The 2K series can suck on my nuts.

lol

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 12:22 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Thank you, thank you. *takes bow*

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 02:53 AM
wuTa

quote:
"should be" is different than what happens. Btw, Live 2005 is better. The 2K series can suck on my nuts.

what i was trying to say is that sometimes the 3 spot is considered as another guard...i'm not sure if it came off like that..that was a cold reveiw.... while the 2k series is sucking your nuts you can ponder this...in LIVE O5 hamilton (one of the best pure shooters in the league)...cant hit a twelve foot jump shot...wallace is always sporting his afro...plus the computer never subs there players...overall the live SERIES is better than the 2K series...but 2K5 is better and has more realism than LIVE 05

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 02:59 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I just think the play control is better. I agree that the shooting sucks.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 03:03 AM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

And why do your players run back in slow motion when the other team is running a fast break (or is that just me)? embarrasment
Seriously Yao Ming out ran Marcus Banks when i was playing the other day. What the f**k?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 03:12 AM
wuTa

and if yao ming is known for one thing...its his speed

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 03:14 AM