KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » swamp thing and tefe vs. the IG

swamp thing and tefe vs. the IG
Started by: Merlyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Merlyn
Order Of...

swamp thing and tefe vs. the IG

ive been reading alot of swamp thing lately, and was wondering how swamp thing and tefe at their peak would do against thanos /w/ IG?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 04:16 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

no well at all.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 04:19 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Per the Word itself, Swamp Thing was on par with THE God at his 'peak'. And Tefe at her 'peak' was able to literally kill the Word (which is an aspect of THE God.) Point being, it's not a lopsided battle at all, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 04:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Per the Word itself, Swamp Thing was on par with THE God at his 'peak'. And Tefe at her 'peak' was able to literally kill the Word (which is an aspect of THE God.) Point being, it's not a lopsided battle at all, imo.
I dont really count the tefe thing considering that defeat was very close to the drax killing thanos battle. More of a "that just happened to be his weakness, not she was more powerful than him." Nothing Swamp thing did struck me as universal, even when he became the representative of all the elements, he only represented one planet to the the parliament of worlds but I could be wrong, been a while since I've read swamp thing.

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on Apr 5th, 2009 at 05:48 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 05:44 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

team

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 06:36 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Swamp Thing at his peak is equal to an aspect of The Presence.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 07:54 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Swamp Thing at his peak is equal to an aspect of The Presence.
I really dont put any stock in that anymore, everybody and their mother is an aspect of the presence, source, ultimate being etc..

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 09:15 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I dont really count the tefe thing considering that defeat was very close to the drax killing thanos battle. More of a "that just happened to be his weakness, not she was more powerful than him." Nothing Swamp thing did struck me as universal, even when he became the representative of all the elements, he only represented one planet to the the parliament of worlds but I could be wrong, been a while since I've read swamp thing.
By assuming a form that could not only replicate the voice of THE God, but could also counteract it, Tefe was able to negate the Word's very existence. That is one of the most uber 'adapt on the fly' traits I have ever seen... And she said it was fairly easy, to boot. *shrugs*

---

As for ST's power once he united with all the elements..

"Earth, Air, Fire, and Water... The whole of creation, he said, is made of these elements":

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/...s/elements1.jpg

So... There you go.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 10:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

"Earth, Air, Fire, and Water... The whole of creation, he said, is made of these elements":

So... There you go.

He's an ugly ****er, ain't he? The scan is prior to him becoming Swamp God, wasn't it?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 10:55 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Enyalus
He's an ugly ****er, ain't he? The scan is prior to him becoming Swamp God, wasn't it?
After, iirc.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 10:56 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

After, iirc.

When does he turn into the badass that is your avatar?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 10:57 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Enyalus
When does he turn into the badass that is your avatar?
During the 'Trial by Fire' arc, which is near the end of v2.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 11:22 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

By assuming a form that could not only replicate the voice of THE God, but could also counteract it, Tefe was able to negate the Word's very existence. That is one of the most uber 'adapt on the fly' traits I have ever seen... And she said it was fairly easy, to boot. *shrugs*

---

So... There you go.

For the tefe thing. Wasn't she being trained by one of the parliaments to fight the word?

As for the whole" Elements = to the whole of creation" It reminds me of A similar saying in the darkness series. According to that series the Darkness is considered one of the two primal forces that make up the universe. Even though though thats one of the big staples of the series, I really couldn't see myself arguing that makes the main character universal even though hes definitely planetary. I kinda see swamp thing through the same light though I can definitely see the validity of your arguement.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 11:27 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
As for the whole" Elements = to the whole of creation" It reminds me of A similar saying in the darkness series. According to that series the Darkness is considered one of the two primal forces that make up the universe. Even though though thats one of the big staples of the series, I really couldn't see myself arguing that makes the main character universal even though hes definitely planetary. I kinda see swamp thing through the same light though I can definitely see the validity of your arguement.
Well, on top of the scan I posted, there's also multiple accounts where the Word itself spoke of Swamp Thing having the potential to literally replace THE God upon uniting with the other elements. There just doesn't seem to be a reason to doubt any of these claims, imo.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 11:46 PM
xJLxKing

What makes ST so powerful? He is one ugly motherfu%#$#

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 11:47 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by xJLxKing

Galan has a great respect thread on him which addresses that question.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 11:48 PM
xJLxKing

Thanks Enyalus

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 11:57 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Originally posted by xJLxKing

A very powerful Elemental, the stuff everything is made out of. They 'secretly' planned for billions of years to try to replace God and after so long The Voice had enough had sent The Word to destroy the Parliements of Earth, which happened leaving only the Parliements of Worlds and Flames. Swamp God and Tefe or just one of them would take it.

The Word

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 04:53 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote