KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Benchwarmers

The Benchwarmers
Started by: Dusty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dusty

The Benchwarmers

I saw a trailer for this at 'Narnia'. Nooks like a pretty promising comedy film IMO. I love a movie about underdog nerds playing sports. thumb up

http://imdb.com/title/tt0437863/

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 03:27 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

From the plot outline it sounds like a decent movie. That's all I can say on the bare info given.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 03:34 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Looks good character wise, not sure about story wise. Jon Heder will not have a very long career if he doesn't learn to do something besides the Napolean act. He seems like the same character but now he wears a helmet and plays baseball.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 05:13 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

thats what i was gonna say, what a ****ing sell out im starting to hate that guy.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 08:59 AM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Besides Heder being so repetitive, it looks like a decent comedy.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 06:11 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Altar[1stONE]
thats what i was gonna say, what a ****ing sell out im starting to hate that guy.

By your flawed logic, every actor who's ever appeared in a studio film is a "sell-out". Jon Heder is nobody special. He'll be "Napoleon Dynamite", a cult figure, but as an actor, he has everything to prove. He wasn't good at all in "Just Like Heaven" where he tried to play it straight, and this doesn't look much more promising, frankly.

He's just making a living, like any other actor alive today.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 07:41 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

A movie starring Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Jon Heder. This sounds like a winner! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 11:06 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Altar[1stONE]

He's just a bad actor that got lucky once and is not trying to make a living. I don't blame him, I blame people that cast him. Although, one more movie with him doing that act can be ok (just nowhere near the first time), but it will have to end there. I actually think Rob Schneider looks like the worst character.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 08:47 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gshkris7272
Hopeless romantic

This was a pretty funny movie, kind pointless. but hilarious at some points

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 02:49 PM
gshkris7272 is currently offline Click here to Send gshkris7272 a Private Message Find more posts by gshkris7272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Barf "The Benchwarmers"

I'm sorry. When I started this thread, I had fully intended on destroying it entirely, now, I just don't have the patience or energy to share my thoughts. So, here it is in a nutshell.

"The Benchwarmers" is the most immature movie, horribly directed, written, and acted movie I've ever seen, and I only watched 20 minutes. I want to explain to you all how bad it is, but there's absolutely nothing I could compare the film to!

O.K., scratch that. This movie is so incredibly unwatchable, I'd rather watch mother****ing "Manos: The Hands of Fate"..twice..before I finish "The Benchwarmers"...once.

Anyone who even moderately enjoyed this film under the false assumption that it was intentionally bad is a complete dolt, as there is no filmmaker alive that would wish to be associated with such failure in cinema, other than Ed Wood, Jr.

Good day.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:22 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I watched the movie...thought it was fairly funny (not very, just fairly)...nothing I would watch again though.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:34 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambience
A-Train

Yea it was..stupid and rather pathetic. I did not like it much at all. But for every 10 horrible movies theres one good one.

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 08:26 PM
Ambience is currently offline Click here to Send Ambience a Private Message Find more posts by Ambience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

I don't know, it had its moments...like Howie was funny
but thats about all.

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 09:22 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I thought the same thinf about Anchor Man...then I forced my friends to watch something good instead. Haven't seen Benchwarmers though, don't plan on it, your opinion seems to be very likely there I think,

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 09:35 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

What?! How can this movie be bad with its all-star cast of Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Jon Heder! stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 10:12 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Bump and Merge.

I know the search function sucks, but we have to live with it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 10:17 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I can't wait for this to come out on DVD!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 10:38 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i think david spade and Rob schneider are ok, on their own, if they have something to work with. Jon Heder on the other hand makes me envious of the blind and deaf.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 03:11 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

When Chris Farley died, David Spade's career went downhill.

Rob Schneider can be okay, I won't lie. I enjoyed the first Deuce Bigalow and The Animal, though I think he needs to stick to supporting roles.

Jon Heder needs to become blind and deaf.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 05:53 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Well, I watched this movie last night and it wasn't exactly as I expected . . . it was hilarious! I know it's ridiculous that Rob Schnieder is supposed to be the stud, but that in itself was classic. Joh Heder was classic as well, I just look at that guy and laugh, he was perfect. David Spade was great with that hair-do, Jon Lovits and his Star Wars house and his butler robot, Number Seven. The midget with the peanut butter castle, the spit talking . . . This movie was better than I thought it would be, and I didn't expect much, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by Tired-Hiker on Jul 26th, 2006 at 11:33 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:31 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote