KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » King Conan: Crown of Iron

King Conan: Crown of Iron
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Columnists Marilyn Beck & Stacy Jenel Smith report that writer/director John Milius definitely plans to go forward with King Conan: Crown of Iron without the newly-elected California Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"This could be John's best script ever," says a source about the Conan the Barbarian follow-up. There's a challenging Conan role and it contains five significant female roles.

Someone close to the project says there will be advantages about going with another actor. It'll be cheaper to make, no studio interference, it'll be possible to shoot in exotic locales for which Arnold wouldn't get insurance from the studio, and less CGI.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:39 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

my friend gave me a conan dvd and by just looking at the cover of it i never watched it

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 04:38 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

you should both 1 and2 are greatsmile

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 04:53 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

They are but it would be weird not having Ahnold play Conan!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 01:07 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

ya in a way it's better that they don't do it

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:22 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the first one was good. i think if its going to be made like displayed above then it might be interesting

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:31 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

they could get one of the new buff actors to do it, someone like vin diesel or a real newbie

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:39 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

if there gonna go with a known actor. I wouldnt go with anyone other than diesel. However the rock would be the main target in holly wood, but pabloo said they diddnt wanna go this route with losing all there money to a superstar. If thats true we should be instore for some decent action

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:54 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I think that the Rock is the only one that could pull it of dessently

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:57 PM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

King Conan: Crown of Iron Receives Financing
Source: IGN Filmforce
October 11, 2004

IGN Filmforce reports that writer/director John Milius has received financing for King Conan: Crown of Iron.

Milius is currently in Turkey where he has secured full funding for King Conan. If that's the case, that would mean Warner Brothers would only have to distribute the film rather than finance it.

Milius is said to be scouting locations in Turkey for filming and that Arnold Schwarzenegger may still be involved with the project.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 06:54 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Any thoughts?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 12:56 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

IGNFF Exclusive: King Conan Gets Paid
What's happening in Istanbul?
October 11, 2004 - IGN FilmForce has been advised by sources that, while King Conan: Crown of Iron has been stewing in development hell at Conan Properties, Inc. and Warner Brothers, writer-director John Milius is on the move.

Milius is currently in Turkey where he has secured full funding for King Conan. If that's the case, that would mean Warner Brothers would only have to distribute the film rather than finance it.

We were also advised that Milius is currently scouting locations in Turkey with some of Conan's private financiers. When filming might begin remains unclear but at least the money is now in place.

Furthermore, Arnold Schwarzenegger may still be involved with the project. Everything depends, however, on whether the Governator runs for re-election but the door for his return is apparently still open.

Look to IGN FilmForce for more Conan news as it happens!
-- Stax

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 01:06 AM
zinh

I hope he is but I doubt it will happen =\

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 09:22 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

hahahaaaa....

i had to read this cause i was like
DUDE! CONAN O BRIEN?!?!?!

hahahahahaaa

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 04:39 PM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: King Conan: Crown of Iron

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
King Conan: Crown of Iron Receives Financing
Source: IGN Filmforce
October 11, 2004

IGN Filmforce reports that writer/director John Milius has received financing for King Conan: Crown of Iron.

Milius is said to be scouting locations in Turkey for filming and that Arnold Schwarzenegger may still be involved with the project.

I would be Awesome to see another Conan movie made. But I just think that Arnold shouldn't be Conan again. It should be some other actor for the role of Conan. Arnold would be cool as an old wizard or an old king. But not as Conan. Is just isn't the same.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 04:53 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

Re: Re: King Conan: Crown of Iron

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
I would be Awesome to see another Conan movie made. But I just think that Arnold shouldn't be Conan again. It should be some other actor for the role of Conan. Arnold would be cool as an old wizard or an old king. But not as Conan. Is just isn't the same.
if its not arnold i bet they ask the rock lol.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 05:31 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

LOL! The Rock? Why not Kurt Angle? stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 09:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
LOL! The Rock? Why not Kurt Angle? stick out tongue

This might sound like a joke but Triple H real name Paul Michael Levesque is seriously being considered for the part of Conan. If Arnold is still involved it doesn't neccessarily mean he will play Conan again it could be a different role.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 09:23 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I think Triple H has already been casted for other movies. He is scheduled to be in Blade:Trinity. He might play the part of barbarian so-so.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 09:26 PM
Praylu

quote:
I think Triple H has already been casted for other movies. He is scheduled to be in Blade:Trinity. He might play the part of barbarian so-so.

Besides wrestling his schedule is pretty much free since he finished filming Blade 3 about a year ago. Now is his chance to become an action movie star. I would much rather see him cast as Conan than the Rock.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 02:57 AM