KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Homosexual Colossus

Homosexual Colossus
Started by: Scourge2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scourge2

Homosexual Colossus

Hello, all. I'm new here.

My daughter is a huge comic book fan and we were recently talking about the number of LGBTQ+ comic book characters. She was under the impression that this all happened in recent years, but I remember reading an X-Men comic in the 80s or early 90s in which Storm has a conversation with someone (sorry... I can't remember who it was) and she hints at Colossus being gay... even all those years ago. He wasn't filly 'outed' then, but his being gay was apparently known by some of his teammates.

I know it's a stretch, but does any older X-Men fan recall this? I would love to give my daughter more info on this, but I can't remember exactly how long it has been since I read this. I just know for a fact that this didn't start with Jean Grey commenting about his favorite television show being "Will & Grace".

Thanks!

Scourge2

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 10:01 PM
Scourge2 is currently offline Click here to Send Scourge2 a Private Message Find more posts by Scourge2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Colossus was categorically gay in the Ultimate X-Men Series, which started in 2001.

We do know that 616/mainstream Colossus has been written to be at the very least bisexual due to his attraction/falling in love with/having relationships with women, but flat out gay? I don't think so.

I don't recall a conversation that long ago about Colossus, but now that you mention it, the "Will and Grace" thing sounds really bloody familiar.

All that said, there are other LGBTQ characters in the X-Men universe if she's interested, though admittedly not many.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 10:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thought 616 was 100% hetero?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 12:26 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thought 616 was 100% hetero?

I would say he is, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 10:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
I would say he is, tbh.

So would Kitty Pryde.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 11:57 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by riv6672
So would Kitty Pryde.

And Domino, Callisto, those two random cavewomen, the ballerina, and maybe even that girl from Secret Wars.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 12:19 PM