KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » "Harry Potter sued by Willie the Wizard"

Did J.K. Rowling steal from Willie the Wizard?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes! 0 0%
No! 3 100.00%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

"Harry Potter sued by Willie the Wizard"
Started by: The Phantom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Phantom
Angel of Music

"Harry Potter sued by Willie the Wizard"

As some of you may know (especially if you check Mugglenet), J.K. Rowling is being sued for the Harry Potter series because she is being accused of stealing ideas from an older work. Who is the accusing her? The Estate of Adrian Jacobs. The late Jacobs wrote the small story about Willie the Wizard. Now, representatives are throwing around the word plagiarism for such things as having a Wizard train transport, a wizard school, and having a wizard tournament. For more information you can check on Mugglenet.com.

So... what do you all think?

Personally, I think it is too broad of subjects to be considered plagiarism. That's just me though.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 11:10 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

wooow. so i've read just about every book about training wizards - a lot of different kinds of magic, a lot of different time frames, and a lot of different "world" settings, and there is ALWAYS a school. there is always some type of tournament or a challenge for the protaganist to prove themselves. and suing because off train transport to a magical place? well, guess we have to through away most of the narnia books. lww, they go to the place that holds the magical place on a train. prince caspian, a train passing transforms into and a train depot turn into a narnian cave. in the final battle, things of great importance.... yeah. a train.
and a train is not just a magical transport. trains are usually viewed as a symbol of moving through a problem that the protaganist cannot solve by themselves in order to reach someplace where they might start fresh and new.

if these people are serious....

then i'm preparing for some major humiliations yet another person trying to say "JO ROWLING STOLE MY IDEAS!!" i think i'll go buy lots of popcorn, it's always fun to watch this kind of pointless case go down the drain.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 11:23 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Oh hell they wont make it. We all know that. Especially with these arguments. Just thought though it'd be good for discussion/poking fun at these people.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 03:24 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

Wtf...

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 09:22 PM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who the **** is Willie the Wizard?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 02:09 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote