KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » HBP Movie Information Thread.

HBP Movie Information Thread.
Started by: siriuswriter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
siriuswriter

HBP Movie Information Thread.

Here is the newest news about the upcoming HBP Movie -

From an article on Snitchseeker.com :

David Barron has revealed to the Herald Sun that a new scene has been added in the upcoming Half-Blood Prince film in order to remind moviegoers that nowhere is safe. Having JK Rowling's approval of the scene, Barron is confident that people will like it:

"But this was brought in because Jo (Rowling) was able throughout the quite lengthy book to keep dropping little snippets of what was happening in the outside world - there'd be people reading newspapers and talking about how somebody's parents had been killed, or somebody had been withdrawn from school because their parents didn't think it was safe.

And we're making aware that the Muggle world is also experiencing these disasters, but thinks they are disasters rather than the work of Voldemort.

The book is peppered with those moments, but we couldn't do that quite so easily in the film.

So (the extra scene) comes in the middle of the film and it just reminds us the world is no longer a safe place. Even in what would normally be considered the safe haven of the Burrow, nobody's safe."

To read the full article go here

Courtesy Mugglenet.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:34 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Good. We haven't seen the burrow in a while.

Not counting Ron's room in GOF.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 02:40 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Some tidbits :

-Ralph Fiennes is obviously not in HBP, and says he has "not yet" been signed on to do DH.

-Helen McRory, who plays Narcissa Malfoy, is currently filming in Gloucester.

-Some scenic filming for Hogwarts Express surroundings is being filmed in Norway.

Courtesy Mugglenet.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 08:25 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

New picture from the HBP set!! Features the trio in Gryffindor common room.

click to see. smile

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 06:39 PM
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Cool smile I can't wait to see the new scene yes
The movie is coming out sooner than I had expected it to.. I hope they don't rush it though erm

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 01:33 AM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Warner Bros. has now release a High-Resolution version of trio picture.

Click

Note : this picture is very large, so make sure you have your internet in the biggest window setting. You'll still have to scroll around for a bit to see the whole thing.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 11:51 PM
siriuswriter

As far as shooting is coming along, Leavesden Studios has already finished Quidditch and Dumbledore's death scene. One of the winners of a Mexican Harry Potter contest was able to explore the set, and she said that Dumbledore's portrait was already hung in his office.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 07:53 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

High res pics!

(please log in to view the image)

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 06:16 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

And a new one of Harry with McGonnagal in the back.

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 06:17 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

OH MY DEAR GOD!

Those are amazing pictures!!!

I bet that's Lavender with the pink hair tie in the first.

I've never really been attracted to Tom Felton, but the short haircut (non-aerodynamic) really really suits him. big grin

I love the spectrespecs! I love the Quidditch team! And who wants to bet that in that heart box that Ron is holding there's a necklace that says in large letters : My Sweetheart?!

Okay, now I really, really, REALLY need a trailer.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 09:21 PM
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

luna looks alsome! and I expected Slughorn to be a lot fatter, but that doesnt matter much. I love Ron's face on the quidditch try-outs pic.
wow these got me excited about the movie

Is there a dragon nearby? because I'm on FIRE!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 04:53 PM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Hate to ask, but when is the movie coming out? And I heard from a certain someone it was being put into two movies. I've heard the 7th book was going to be in two, but is the sixth one as well?

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 07:22 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Only the seventh is being split into two parts.

The sixth is coming out on November 18, I believe.

They won't be able to start shooting the seventh until Daniel Radcliffe gets back from his Broadway tour of Equus, and I believe that ends in Feb/09. I think the release date for the first part is very late in 09, and the second part is due to be released in May '10.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 04:11 PM
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Phantom
Hate to ask, but when is the movie coming out? And I heard from a certain someone it was being put into two movies. I've heard the 7th book was going to be in two, but is the sixth one as well?

It's supposed to premiere on November 21st. And no, only The Deathly Hallows is being made into two movies. The Half-Blood prince is only one movie. Dunno where you heard it'd be made into two.

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 04:14 PM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

Originally posted by siriuswriter

18th? I saw a movie poster and it said 21st.

Edit: Mugglenet also says 21st.

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Last edited by Disturbed Angel on Jul 6th, 2008 at 04:18 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 04:16 PM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by siriuswriter
Only the seventh is being split into two parts.

They won't be able to start shooting the seventh until Daniel Radcliffe gets back from his Broadway tour of Equus, and I believe that ends in Feb/09. I think the release date for the first part is very late in 09, and the second part is due to be released in May '10.
Originally posted by Disturbed Angel
It's supposed to premiere on November 21st. And no, only The Deathly Hallows is being made into two movies. The Half-Blood prince is only one movie. Dunno where you heard it'd be made into two.
^.^ Don't worry where I heard about it. Thank you!!!! Now I can rub it into someones face I was right! ;-D

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 09:51 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by Disturbed Angel

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking about The Dark Knight, which does come out on the eighteenth.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 05:47 PM
siriuswriter

bump for reasons of nearing premiere. big grin Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 25th, 2009 05:37 PM
dadudemon

HBP Is high blood pressure.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 04:38 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Was looking for this thread when the trailer came out. Thanks for bumping it Siriuswriter.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2009 09:28 PM