KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » captain america vs the US

captain america vs the US
Started by: lando005

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lando005

captain america vs the US

What if cap wasn't assassinated, what if he had gone to trial? If he had anybody he wanted to represent him and ofcouse a trial of his peers as a jury how would it have turned out? Would he be innocent or found guilty for his actions in Civil War?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 05:28 PM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I dunno. It's really hard to say.

It seems like a good bit of the public was set against him, but I honestly don't see him being convicted by a jury. He's Captain-frickin-America. Think O.J. to the fifteenth power.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 05:30 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

He's a liberal

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 05:32 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

let's have cap reped by dare devil and she hulk prosecuting

but u think cap walks regardless

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 06:06 PM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Cap would have taken the stand because he is Cap and then would have given some ultra patriatic speech a that would not have left a dry eye in the room and won over the jury with his machismo. Caps Machismo ftw. LOl

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 06:58 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

I believe a man of Caps integrity (if such a man exist) would of pleaded guilty to all charges, remember at the end of the Civil war, he realized he in fact was apart of the problem, not the solution.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 07:37 PM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Apolloknight
I believe a man of Caps integrity (if such a man exist) would of pleaded guilty to all charges, remember at the end of the Civil war, he realized he in fact was apart of the problem, not the solution.

i totally agree

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 08:13 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I think even if he plead guilty, he'd still make some kind of a speech in his closing statements. And that speech would inspire people, and possibly create a popular opinion that he should be pardoned.

Or maybe I'm expecting too much from the American people.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 09:00 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I think even if he plead guilty, he'd still make some kind of a speech in his closing statements. And that speech would inspire people, and possibly create a popular opinion that he should be pardoned.

Or maybe I'm expecting too much from the American people.

Personally, I think his closing speech would be very apologetic, along the longs of "I served my country for XX amount of years, defending everything the constitution stood for, and in my greatest act of what i thought was freedom, you saw my greatest act of treason"

I think he would want to serve his time, and accept whatever judgment is passed. Cap stands for the constitution, the way it should be, he's a military man at the root, and all (well most) military men will tell you, no matter what laws this country may pass, no matter if we may or may not agree with it, we took an oath to defend it against all threats foreign and domestic.

In this case, cap himself.

Just my opinion.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 09:28 PM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

Originally posted by Apolloknight
Personally, I think his closing speech would be very apologetic, along the longs of "I served my country for XX amount of years, defending everything the constitution stood for, and in my greatest act of what i thought was freedom, you saw my greatest act of treason"

I think he would want to serve his time, and accept whatever judgment is passed. Cap stands for the constitution, the way it should be, he's a military man at the root, and all (well most) military men will tell you, no matter what laws this country may pass, no matter if we may or may not agree with it, we took an oath to defend it against all threats foreign and domestic.

In this case, cap himself.

Just my opinion.
if the judge was to ask him "captain america did you take up arms against the registration" then he would say yes he did. Did cap fight against the registration? yes but he was not wrong for what he did anybody in the military myself include would tell you he wasn't wrong. We all took an oath to protect the consitution and everything it stands for. That oath of protection means defending the nation from more than just threats to it in a physical form. America could never be touched physically but the nation could still be attacked. It's the spirit of the nation he fought to protect. That's why we know to follow the spirit of that oath and not the letter of it. That's what this war was about he fought to protect the reasons why this nation exist not to satisfy the sense of uneasiness the public felt at the time. Cap knew he knew the whole time that there will always be things like stamford the heroes cant stop them all but the important thing was to keep a level head which is what didn't happen and that's why registration seem like such a good idea at the time the people were afraid and stark and the rest took advantage of it, with words like "if we do this then it will all go away" distracting people from the fact that we have to stand and fight for what we believe in. Other wise this country would be worth fighting for. Nobody ever said that the path marvel was on was going to be bloodless but there are worse things in this world than death. Death is an instant and once it's over that's it but if your compromise on your ideals then you have to live with that the rest of your life. I dont know about you but i would rather die a hero than live a coward

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 05:35 AM
Citizen V.

Captain America would undoubtedly go to jail.

But in this instance he would win, because he would want to go to jail for what he'd done.

I'm sure that Captain America could easily walk out of that courtroom a free man, but he would plead guilty and probably (if he was found not guilty) go into seclusion anyway (think Kingdom Come Superman).

He would undoubtedly have the best lawyers money could buy (Jennifer Walters, Daredevil and countless others. Probably wouldn't even need to pay for them, either).

But in the end, he lost the Civil War, he lost the support of the people and realised that his America doesn't exist anymore, that he was outdated.

Still shoulda' cunt punted Sally Floyd for being a retarded b!tch though. Nascar and Myspace? I'll kick you so hard up your vagina you'll taste your ovaries at the back of your throat, b!tch.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 02:09 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

Originally posted by Citizen V

Still shoulda' cunt punted Sally Floyd for being a retarded b!tch though. Nascar and Myspace? I'll kick you so hard up your vagina you'll taste your ovaries at the back of your throat, b!tch.
calm down there buddy.... ouch kickin her ovaries into her throat...... painful

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 03:36 PM