KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Why don't they...???

Why don't they...???
Started by: big gay kirk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
big gay kirk

Why don't they...???

Sorry if this has been done before... but why doesn't someone make films of the James Bond books... I know Dr No and From Russia with Love were fairly close, but most of the others just used the titles... and some of the character's names... who else thinks that Moonraker the book would make a better film than Moonraker the film?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 10:25 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

they can't now, I mean, there are stuff that don't translate that well on the tv and the problem is that if you do it NOW, the entire story that's been going on in the books and such is gonna be ruined

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 10:51 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Oh, I've never read any JB books sad So I dunno. I'll have to check that big grin

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 07:00 AM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, well, don't be surprised if it's not like in the movie

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 11:03 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

apparently I won't, books are not movies

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 12:21 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and from time to time, they took two books to make one movie

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 01:37 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

oh, how did they combine two movies messed

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 02:56 PM
yerssot

just elements from one and other elements from the others, dunno really, just read it

only have FYEO and never read it messed

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 04:38 PM
The Redeemer

THUNDERBALL follows the book pretty well too as does DAF. I think Flemings novels are so old now that they would'nt translate onto modern film well at all. sad Todays audiences seem to want less story and more "kiss kiss...bang bang..." wink

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 06:50 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I want more story sad

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 06:57 PM
big gay kirk

The reason Thunderball follows the book so well is that Fleming wrote it from the movie screenplay... Do todays audiences really eschew story so much?? Or do they just take whats on offer because thats what there is?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 10:16 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Ok, which of the movies are books as well?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 10:23 PM
yerssot

it's that people want more action and such, like they will fall asleep when it has some story roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 10:43 PM
big gay kirk

Well, most of the movies have titles taken from the books or short stories... The first couple of movies (Dr NO and From Russia with Love) follow the plots fairly closely, but after that there are only small similarities... for instance, The Living Daylights is a short story in the Octopussy collection, which is simply about Bond lying in wait in a West berlin tower block waiting to kill a Russian assassin who is trying to prevent a defection.... thats it... and A View to a Kill does not contain seven foot women and lunatics in zeppelins....

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 10:48 PM
yerssot

and of course from the latest movies they had to make the stories themselves from time to time wink

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 10:49 PM