KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Earth unrecognizable by 2050

Earth unrecognizable by 2050
Started by: The Dark Cloud

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Archaeopteryx

Earth unrecognizable by 2050

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 12:31 AM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Re: Earth unrecognizable by 2050

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
I'm glad i won't live to see it

You don't plan on living another 40 years?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 12:34 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Earth unrecognizable by 2050

There's an easy fix with the 'feeding the growing population of poor countries'; it's called Soylent Green. /thread

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 12:38 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Re: Re: Earth unrecognizable by 2050

Originally posted by Omega Vision
You don't plan on living another 40 years?

I'm currently 48 years old and am diabetic and have hypertension. The odds are extremely stacked against me living until I'm 88.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 12:38 AM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Re: Re: Re: Earth unrecognizable by 2050

Originally posted by Robtard
There's an easy fix with the 'feeding the growing population of poor countries'; it's called Soylent Green. /thread

Yes, good luck implementing it

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 12:39 AM
Archaeopteryx

Now that I think of it the article is understating the problem. Long before 2050 there won't be enough fossil fuel left to move food around (and grow it) to feed the earth's billions.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 01:28 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Yes, good luck implementing it

just call charlton heston..he will help big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 03:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I don't think anyone would be alive by then.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 02:36 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

which is why the elite plan on eliminating 80% of world population

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 06:27 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

then why do you hate them? the elite sound like the good guys to me they're saving the planets resources! big grin

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 07:33 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Deano

I take it that you'd rather have all of us die?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 07:35 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I take it that you'd rather have all of us die?

Speak for yourself: I'm an elite, doodoo head! mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

*puts his non-existant sun glasses on and walks slowly away into the sunset*

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 08:12 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Now that I think of it the article is understating the problem. Long before 2050 there won't be enough fossil fuel left to move food around (and grow it) to feed the earth's billions.

There are and will be plenty of fossil fuels by 2050, the oil cartels restrict the outflow and total available resource numbers to keep the price high now. It's a common practice in many fields. This is not counting the alternative sources that will be used more and more in the following decades.

It will be business as usual come 2050. Barring an asteroid impact or super-virus.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 08:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I don't think anyone would be alive by then.
Do you mean as in everyone will be dead? Or that it's so far in the future that all of us reading it will be dead..because that seems unlikely barring an extinction event like implied in the first interpretation.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 08:37 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Deano

The Elite should just follow this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Why under-shoot it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 08:39 PM
Utrigita

To some degree I agree with you Robtard, but ofcause the world will over the next 39 years change drastically from what we know today.

Normally you say that a guy from 1660 can awaken with a 100 year interval up until 1960 without noticing any signifant difference, but at 1960 he will be really scared. I think the same (to some degree) applies to us, because if you see (just over the last 20 years) how much the world has changed well... give us another 39 and it'll be interesting.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 08:40 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

2050? We should be past peak in the Terrorist Wars by then, though I don't think the prior suitcase nuking will have reduced populations sufficiently.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 09:30 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

IMO, I think a super pathogen will hit before long. As I've gone on about before, a weaponized form of Rabies is the best candidate for the greatest amount of death...considering there's been only 1 or 2 survivors from full on rabies (and they were vegetables.) The way we survive it now is through mitigation of the actual infection. Weaponized when it's peak is realized within a day or two instead of weeks? Yeah, that's a lot of death and we would have ourselves a virtual "zombie" apocalypse similar to the Rage virus.

I searched and searched and it was the only virus that had a 100% death rate...if left untreated. Others did not even come close with up to 90% untreated death rate being seen (like a strain of Ebola.)

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 09:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

There are and will be plenty of fossil fuels by 2050, the oil cartels restrict the outflow and total available resource numbers to keep the price high now. It's a common practice in many fields. This is not counting the alternative sources that will be used more and more in the following decades.

It will be business as usual come 2050. Barring an asteroid impact or super-virus.

World economies will not be able to whistand the high oil prices, especially ours. Given that almost all farm equipment (in the western world) runs on diesel and what do you think will happen to food prices?
Alternative fuels are simply decades away from any type of large scale implementation. Then there's the fact that the world is running out of enough fresh water both drinking and irrigation.

And like the article says...we will need to produce more food in the next 40 years than in the last 8000 to feed everybody.

The earth simply does not have the resources to supply 9 billion humans who want to live the American lifestyle..and yes, everyone wants to drive cars and eat meat.

Business as usual? I'd like to make a large bet with you on that but it's very unlikely I'll be around to collect it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 09:53 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Anyone seen Fortress, with Christopher Lambert..?

Seriously though, even more reason to tell the pope to piss off when it comes to opposing condoms/abortion.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 09:54 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote