KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » In Which Locations Do You Think Battles Will Take Place in THBP?

In Which Locations Do You Think Battles Will Take Place in THBP?
Started by: BigTimeCubsFan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BigTimeCubsFan
Order of Merlin 1st Class

Question In Which Locations Do You Think Battles Will Take Place in THBP?

I was trying to think of some good spots for some Wizarding Battles, but I could only think of maybe Hogwarts and Hogsmede. What do you Think?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 12:18 AM
BigTimeCubsFan is currently offline Click here to Send BigTimeCubsFan a Private Message Find more posts by BigTimeCubsFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

no none.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 12:23 AM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BigTimeCubsFan

What do you mean no none, there will definitely be some great battles.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 12:39 AM
BigTimeCubsFan is currently offline Click here to Send BigTimeCubsFan a Private Message Find more posts by BigTimeCubsFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

I mean I couldn't think of any.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 12:40 AM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

On the back cover of Half Blood Prince the Dark Mark is hovering over Hogwarts, with all the students outside watching it. Look like Voldemort wants to attack Hogwarts.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:10 AM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

Well, the Dark Mark is used to call death eaters to that spot so there could very well be a battle on Hogwarts grounds....though I highly doubt it...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:13 AM
Director_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Director_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Director_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Director_Joe
Well, the Dark Mark is used to call death eaters to that spot so there could very well be a battle on Hogwarts grounds....though I highly doubt it...

Why?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 09:31 AM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I think it will be on Hogwarts grounds if the Dark Mark is over it. Kinda makes sense, jah?

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 05:07 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

id say itll start in hogsmead then filter to hogwarts for the showdown

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 06:32 PM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

Maybe Diago ally.oR HOgsmade.I also agree with TheSun . that could mean he would attack Hogwarts.

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:01 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BigTimeCubsFan

Do you think there could be another fight in the Graveyard where The Dark Lord came back in. I think it would make a great battleground.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 11:06 PM
Midnight109

That would make an excelent battle ground.But is it possible?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 12:37 AM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

Originally posted by TheSun
Why?

Only because if there really was a battle on Hogwarts grounds you'd think there might be student casualties (not that students would go to fight though some of the older ones might try to)...

To be honest I don't think we'll get to see any huge battles, at least no bigger then the one we read in the 5th book. I'm sorry, I just can't picture wizards diving behind sandbags to engage in trench warfare... I just can't see it...

Oh, back to the Hogwarts thing though... How would they enter the grounds? It just doen't seem likely to me... However it could very well happen...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 01:10 AM
Director_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Director_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Director_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

Voldermort is really powerful these days.he might get into hogwarts

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 01:20 AM
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

I don't think so...not untill Dumbledore bites the dust...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 05:26 AM
BigTimeCubsFan

I agree...I think that the only chance that The Dark Lord has of getting into Hogwarts is if Dumbledore is killed...Which I don't think is likely to happen until Harry's seventh year. But I disagree that there will not be more than one big battle. What else does this book have to focus on. All of the attention is going to be given to the 2nd War. Therefore, more than just one brutal battle with fatalities is going to have to happen.

Last edited by BigTimeCubsFan on Jul 13th, 2005 at 06:01 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 05:58 AM
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

Now, when you say "BATTLE" are you implying something larger then what we saw towards the end of the fifth book? I just can't see something like that happening. I disagree with the part about 'all the next book has to focus on is the 2nd war'... It's gonna be like any other year at Hogwarts with its ups and downs just this time, in the backs of every one's minds... there is the knowledge of a war waging.

Also, the only way we, as the reader, would witness a battle is if Harry is there while its happening. I dunno about you guys, but I don't think the Order is going to want Harry fighting in battles...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 07:46 AM
TheSun

Now, when you say "BATTLE" are you implying something larger then what we saw towards the end of the fifth book? I just can't see something like that happening. I disagree with the part about 'all the next book has to focus on is the 2nd war'... It's gonna be like any other year at Hogwarts with its ups and downs just this time, in the backs of every one's minds... there is the knowledge of a war waging.

Also, the only way we, as the reader, would witness a battle is if Harry is there while its happening. I dunno about you guys, but I don't think the Order is going to want Harry fighting in battles...

Why? the wizard wasn't at war at the end of OOtP. In HBP it is. Generally, in warfare, batles are big. Makes sense that battles are bigger then.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 11:15 AM
Midnight109

Harry will damand to battle.Its in his nature.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 02:59 PM
BigTimeCubsFan

First of all the Order is not going to have much of a choice when it comes to Harry in Battles. He is going to have to fight eventually, and we all know that he is going to face The Dark Lord in this one. Second, I agree that it will probably be something like the past books, but to say it is going to just another year at Hogwarts is wrong. You have to think about the 2nd war and the effect it is going to have on the students life at Hogwarts. We have never seen the the wizarding world like this before so it cannot just be another year at school, and we don't even know what Hogwarts is like when The Dark Lord is back(and everyone knows about it). Lastly, when I said battle I did mean like the one in the last book, but I think there will be several smaller ones and one big one.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 03:05 PM