KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo & Anakin similar or different paths

Neo & Anakin similar or different paths
Started by: Numo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

Neo & Anakin similar or different paths

After watching Stars Wars Episode III I must admit I saw some similarities between Neo and Anakin.
1) Anakin's obsession with saving Padmae's life after his visions of her death were similar to Neo's visions of Trinity's death in Reloaded.
2) Then there is the perceived bad choice that Neo made to save Trinity's life and the fact that he seemed to be willing to sacrifice the whole human race just to save her life...and then the fact that Anakin chose the Dark side of the force in an attempt to save Padmae's life.

Or am I reading too much into this?

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 12:24 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

You probably are. Plus, it isn't as though the Wachowski's and Lucas were concieving the characters to be similar...but, if they did? I would always be on Lucas' side....friggin wachowski's need to come up with some unique non-cliche material

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 06:41 PM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

or just not make the last movie complete shit ( wachowski not lucas ) .. but yea there is some similiarity but not enough to say they were doing the same thing

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:17 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

Consider this then: when Anakin was first to be trained as a Jedi the council especially Yoda beloeived that it would be dangerous to do so because he was in their eyes too old.

Now comapre that to when Neo was first freed from the matrix and the truth was revealed to him by Morpheus and Neo freaked out. Afterwards when Morpheus was talking to him he said " I feel that I owe you an apology, we have a rule, we never free a mind once it reached a certain age...it's DANGEROUS the mind has trouble letting go, I've seen it before and I'm sorry"

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:32 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

oeh yeah never saw it that way eek!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 07:01 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

And they were both considered chosen ones.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 11:09 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

They both were Chosen Ones.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:18 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

only the one negative and the other positive.. a bit like smith with the love thing included

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:56 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Clavis
only the one negative and the other positive.. a bit like smith with the love thing included

Well both didn't quite live up to the prophesies about them, or did they?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 04:11 PM
Clavis
HOT

right on eek!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 11:01 AM
freemind

Originally posted by Numo
Well both didn't quite live up to the prophesies about them, or did they?

Well, Neo did end the war but he didn't destroy the matrix. Anakin destroyed the sith but that doesn't necessarily mean that he brought balance to the force. So basically they both half-assed there prophecy furfilling duties.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 10:52 PM
freemind is currently offline Click here to Send freemind a Private Message Find more posts by freemind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

They are similar, because they are typical characters. thats all.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 03:55 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

There are no accidents, I do not believe in chance. When I see two parallel plot lines I see providence, I see purpose.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:43 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

other then "the chosen one"

they are completly different, character wiese, not even close.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:35 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

I think overall they had made the same choices, love over duty. Neither were willing to break the love connection they had with their loved one. However in Neo's case Trinity died which then aided his choice of what he had to do. Had Trinity lived are we sure that Neo would have been able to fully merge with the source taking Smith with him, he wasn't able to before on two separate occasions:
1) when given the choice by the Architect
2) the other when he ended up in Mobil Ave.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 04:27 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

but core character they were completly different..

Anakin was a arrogent fool, Neo was a nobel warrior.

Neo fought for everyone, Anakin fought for himself (and padme, but he fought for her for himself)

Anakin was greedy, Neo was not.

theres huge differences in the characters of Neo and Anakin.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 03:27 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))

theres huge differences in the characters of Neo and Anakin.

At the start of the thread what did I say? I said that "I saw some similarities", I did not say that their characters were identical or that there was an exact likeness between them.
True I focused on their similarities more than their differences but that's not the same as saying that there were no differences between them at all.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 05:10 PM
Gannon
Mild Mannered

Havent you noticed that most movies have similer main characters who are portrayed as the saviors?

Think about it:
Star Wars=Anakin
LOTR=Frodo/Aragorn/Gandalf
The Matrix=Neo
and all superhero movies just to name a few.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 07:42 PM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

I GIVE UP!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:59 PM