KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » NIN drops from Mtv video awards

NIN drops from Mtv video awards
Started by: Curl_Up&Dye

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

NIN drops from Mtv video awards

It appears as though NIN has dropped out of the Mtv video music awards show.

During their performance of "the hand that feeds" they had planned to use what Trent Reznor calls an "un molested" picture of President Bush. Mtv didnt feel comfortable with that much political material (on top of the fact that the song is anti-bush to begin with). They would allow them to play the song, just not use that backdrop, because theyre supposed to be an un-biased network. Apparently thats not good enough for Trent Reznor, because he publicly bashed Mtv's decision to keep the awards show as unbiased as possible, both through the media and on their website.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/15...527/story.jhtml

http://www.nin.com/current/index.html

if anyone has seen this picture or knows where to find it, please let me know, I'm interested to see what NIN was planning to do.

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post May 29th, 2005 08:39 PM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Belongs to the music forum

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:57 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

good for them thumb up at least they have enough self respect not to compromise their values to be on tv

Old Post May 29th, 2005 11:06 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

Damn straight.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 11:07 PM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Exactly, Wouldn't want it to be another RATM/SNL incident,
Producers shouldn't expect bands to be anything other than what they are. RATM sould not be expected to be unpolitical, as shouldn't NIN, as the song permits it.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 01:07 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

I guess MTV didn't like that NIN wasn't going to have enough bling bling and hoe's. roll eyes (sarcastic)

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post May 30th, 2005 04:15 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by silver_tears
good for them thumb up at least they have enough self respect not to compromise their values to be on tv

It isnt like Mtv wanted them to censor lyrics. NIN just wanted attention. Your telling me a band that bitches about musical repsect and freedom cannot respect the beliefs of others? I hopei dont sound like i am defending MTV, i hate that evil corperation.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 04:20 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

They did respect their beliefs by dropping out What the f**k?
If they had done it anyways then you could *****....

Old Post May 30th, 2005 04:53 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I guess MTV didn't like that NIN wasn't going to have enough bling bling and hoe's. roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud

Old Post May 30th, 2005 05:04 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by silver_tears
They did respect their beliefs by dropping out What the f**k?
If they had done it anyways then you could *****....

So, dropping out of a concert because they could not use a prop to shit on peoples political agenda's was actually done so they wouldnt insult those same people confused

Old Post May 30th, 2005 05:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Trent Reznor cried because MTV didn't want to be a stage for his attention whoring.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 03:07 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Where is NIN to blame here? They have political views, like everyone else. What is wrong with wanting to express them. I dont see the big deal anyways. MTV plays all kinds of anti-Bush songs already. For example, American Idiot.

Of course, if I were NIN, I wouldnt have wanted to play on MTV in the first place

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post May 30th, 2005 05:06 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Trent Reznor cried because MTV didn't want to be a stage for his attention whoring.

personally I agree with you. All Trent Reznor has ever done was whined about everything, especially when he couldnt get his way. As much as I dont like Mtv, they do have a point. They are supposed to be a non-biased network, and although they do allow SOME anti-bush bands to play, its because theyre popular, not because Mtv is a Democrat network. But if there's a popular pro-war/pro-bush band out there that isnt country, let me know. But Mtv was respectful towards the band, and presented themselves in a professional manner. They felt that although NIN would be allowed to play the anti-bush song, the supposedly "unaltered" backdrop of him would be crossing the line, and violating Mtv's standards to remain non-biased.
they said that NIN could play the song, but "they didnt feel comfortable" with that amount of political propaganda. That is professional.

what trent reznor did was not. he bitched to the media, the fans, on the website, and to his mommy about it. He was rude and condescending because he didnt get his way.

Asking them to choose a different backdrop is not violating any rights. I'm sure if NIN was playing on CNN, they would have no problem with it. But its up to the discretion of the network, based on their personal goals and standards.

Think about this though, if another band played with a backdrop of Bush with little hearts and flowers around it, all these anti-bush bands would be having a fit.

I'm politically moderate, and some of the things that go back and forth are just outright stupid

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post May 30th, 2005 05:21 PM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'm amazed that Trent would even WANT to be on MTV. What the hell, Reznor.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 30th, 2005 05:55 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Too hell with both of them, NIN and MTV could both go right down the shitter for all I care.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 07:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

So MTV denied NIN to display a picture of Bush for a concert and Trent didn't like it and decided to cancel? Screw him...the show will go on without them. But I do agree that MTV sucks.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 11:10 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Lana
I'm amazed that Trent would even WANT to be on MTV. What the hell, Reznor.
He's a professional musician. Of course he wants exposer and success, but it's good for him that he didn't compromise just to get it.

Anyway, I bet the picture was that one where Bush is giving the middle finger..

Old Post May 30th, 2005 11:27 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
He's a professional musician. Of course he wants exposer and success, but it's good for him that he didn't compromise just to get it.

But it's not good of him to whine like a baby because he didn't get his way.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:37 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

(please log in to view the image)
Would be the picture I would use...

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
But it's not good of him to whine like a baby because he didn't get his way.

True... thats Dave Mustaine territory right there stick out tongue

Last edited by eggmayo on May 31st, 2005 at 11:11 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2005 11:08 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Well that is good.Doing an stupid thing like to bush is pointless and stupid.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 11:16 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote