KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » The Future is not set?

The Future is not set?
Started by: TJon1000

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TJon1000

The Future is not set?

They say in T2 that "The Future is not set" was in the message that Kyle gave Sarah but Kyle doesn't even mention "the future is not set" it is not even said in T1 apart from the Sarah fights back deleted scene and even then Sarah says remember the message the future is not set. So whats up with that, why doesn't Kyle include the future is not set in the message he gives to Sarah?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 07:49 PM
TJon1000 is currently offline Click here to Send TJon1000 a Private Message Find more posts by TJon1000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Scene which takes place after Reese and Sarah escape from the police station where Terminator has killed a sh!t load of police officers:

Sarah: Look, Reese, I didn't ask for this honor and I don't want it. Any of it.

Reese: John gave me a message for you. Made me memorize it. 'Sarah, thank you. For your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to tell you that the future is not set...there is no such thing as Fate, but what we make for ourselves by our own will. You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive, or I will never exist.' That's all.

The above is not dialogue from a deleted scene, it is when they are in the little shelter thing and Sarah has just finished bandaging up Reese's wound from a gun shot. This answer your question TJon1000?

Last edited by U Neek on Jun 11th, 2004 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 06:49 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

yep thats what he says in the tunnel place,

the future wasn't set but the new directors have a solid proof plan to get rid of that idea "no....only delayed"

only bloody delayed miffed: get a grip, what a waste of T2 then huh....blowing up a place, killing Dyson, all of the shit

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 01:13 AM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

quote:
Originally posted by U Neek
Scene which takes place after Reese and Sarah escape from the police station where Terminator has killed a sh!t load of police officers:

Sarah: Look, Reese, I didn't ask for this honor and I don't want it. Any of it.

Reese: John gave me a message for you. Made me memorize it. 'Sarah, thank you. For your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to tell you that the future is not set...there is no such thing as Fate, but what we make for ourselves by our own will. You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive, or I will never exist.' That's all.

if u read the qoute carefully jon is not tryin to tell sarah that she can prevent judgement day hes tryin to tell he that there is hope, that she can survive the termminator and go on to give birth to jon. thats all she needs to do. she makes her own fate by deciding to take charge and destroy cyberdyne. the future jon knows that judgement day cant be prevented, he just ask for her strenth throew the sequence of events that occur in t1. get what im sayin?

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 05:53 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I get ya. It's just a shame that Sarah didn't know that all her actions in T2 merely erased the alternate timeline established as a result of the discovery of the arm and the chip at the end of T1. Judgement day was always inevitable ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 04:42 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote