KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Classic Anime

Classic Anime
Started by: WindDancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Classic Anime

Maybe some of you have a classic Anime series that is hard to find out there. I have two titles that I haven't seen in ages.....Mazinger Z and Brave Raideen. Any of these sound familiar??? If you come across them I suggest you check them out!!! They are awesome!!! big grin

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 08:56 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I've not actually seen too much anime, Toonami's the only channel that shows any here in the UK and they're on around midnight. The only one I really like on at that time is Outlaw Star. It was so much better when it was CNX.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 09:15 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

When Toonami it was first launch years ago did air some real classic anime. I remenber cartoon network was very suscessful with Toonami!

btw- Here is a pic of Mazinger Z:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 10:34 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
I've not actually seen too much anime, Toonami's the only channel that shows any here in the UK and they're on around midnight. The only one I really like on at that time is Outlaw Star. It was so much better when it was CNX.

Yes!! I love Toonami..they repeat a lot on Toonami, but its still the only chanel that shows them.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 10:57 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

so...Toonami is around the world? I thought they were only available in the U.S.

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 04:42 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

It used to be about an hour on CN, but it's now grown to it's own channel.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 05:47 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Gosh remember Astro Boy? The plot is still set in the year 2000

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 11:20 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Battosuai_Tim

I heard that anime was the first ever made and was in black and white. It's on CN and it's pretty well done for doing it all again.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 04:15 PM
Battosuai_Tim is currently offline Click here to Send Battosuai_Tim a Private Message Find more posts by Battosuai_Tim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Yea Astro boy was.....like....showing when the dinosaurs still rome the earth.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 12:45 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Yeah Astro boy is a very well known Anime classic! yes

Astro boy was created by the legendary Osamu Tezuka. The same man that created the original Metropolis comic book and countless other anime characters. There has been a recent revival of Astro boy, but is hard to tell if it will be a success. Are you a fan of Astro boy Kitoky?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 09:27 PM
big gay kirk

What about Marine Boy.. probably the first Japanese cartoon on British Television... he could breath underwater, but only if he chewed his oxygum...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 12:01 AM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misao39
^__^

and the anime from MATSUMOTO LEIJI?? I don't know his real name but in french was capitaine ALBATOR

Attachment: albator.jpg
This has been downloaded 52 time(s).

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 01:10 PM
misao39 is currently offline Click here to Send misao39 a Private Message Find more posts by misao39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

He seems somewhat familar. I'll check out the English version smile

Here is another Classic Anime that is one of my favorites:

Cobra The Space Adventurer:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 11:56 PM
super pr*xy

i know some that i watched when i was a kid. mazinger z, astro boy, voltron, voltes V, diamos, macross. i am saddened by the fact that the next classics would be pokemon and digimon.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 02:08 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote