KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » KMC Forum Character Fanboy Hierachy

KMC Forum Character Fanboy Hierachy
Started by: demigawd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
demigawd
Board Scientist

KMC Forum Character Fanboy Hierachy

I was reading through a lot of the threads and I've noticed a recurring theme where there are people who defend a character in fights against ANYBODY, no matter how crazy the odds. ok, ok, I'm probably guilty of this myself with Magneto, but I thought it would be fun to create a KMC Universe Ranking, where we rank the board's most powerful characters (based on fight threads win %, not based on a cosmic hierarchy. I never see "Eternity vs." or "Chaos and Order vs." threads).

Here's what I've observed so far:

1. Thanos
2. Doom
3. Superman Prime
4. OG Beyonder
5. Pre-Crisis Superman
6. Galactus
7. Dark Phoenix
8. Rune Thor
9. Juggernaut
10. King Thor
11. Batman
12. Silver Surfer
13. Thor
14. Superman
15. Hulk
16. Ghost Rider
17. Sue Richards
18. Black Bolt
19. Graviton
20. Captain America
21. Spider-Man
22. Wolverine
23. Jean Grey

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:45 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

What in the wonderful world of Mary Poppins are you talking about?

Silver Surfer, Hulk, Thor, Ghost Rider and Black Bolt higher than Wolverine and Capt?

Ghost Rider is barely mentioned. As was Surfer. Hulk only got into the wave when there was mass Hulk hating going on and he was being defended.

I think you need to define the term fanboy before you assemble a hierachy.

To me a fanboy is a person who continually states the same thing over and over while clinging to the same desperate points despite being proven wrong. A person who will always find a way for their guy to win. I've seen guys admit Hulk, Doom, and Ghost Rider can be defeated.

I swear you actually claimed Magneto could beat Thanos and Black Bolt one time.

Fanboy does not mean backing a character. Doom gets backed coz he's the man. Most of what's said about him is said in jest because he IS so good. None of us (hopefully) believe he could beat anyone.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:55 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

This is based on perceived win percentage, not on actual power rankings. So this is a list of the most heavily sided characters. Based on my observation, Thanos is easily #1 on this hierarchy. Doom is pretty close behind.

Yes, I said Magneto could beat Black Bolt. No, I don't think Magneto could beat Thanos.

So what's been your observation of the winningest characters on the board?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:00 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The X-Men.

Easily. Get way overhyped all the time, individually.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:06 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

i always see Living Tribunal winning when some powerful battle is going even tho his not in the battle.

But ya like thanos deserver most of the wins his getting it's not fan boy it's fact.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:08 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

lol, ok, ignore the title. it's not the most "undeserved" wins, just the most wins in board battles.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:23 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I just don't like how some people cling on to Hulk's regenerative abilities as if hitting him has absolutely no effect on him.

Yah, his Healing ability is top notch....but beating the guy in the head constantly will knock him out. period.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:40 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: KMC Forum Character Fanboy Hierachy

quote:
Originally posted by demigawd
I was reading through a lot of the threads and I've noticed a recurring theme where there are people who defend a character in fights against ANYBODY, no matter how crazy the odds. ok, ok, I'm probably guilty of this myself with Magneto, but I thought it would be fun to create a KMC Universe Ranking, where we rank the board's most powerful characters (based on fight threads win %, not based on a cosmic hierarchy. I never see "Eternity vs." or "Chaos and Order vs." threads).

Here's what I've observed so far:

1. Thanos
2. Doom
3. Superman Prime
4. OG Beyonder
5. Pre-Crisis Superman
6. Galactus
7. Dark Phoenix
8. Rune Thor
9. Juggernaut
10. King Thor
11. Batman
12. Silver Surfer
13. Thor
14. Superman
15. Hulk
16. Ghost Rider
17. Sue Richards
18. Black Bolt
19. Graviton
20. Captain America
21. Spider-Man
22. Wolverine
23. Jean Grey

Alpha Centauri is correct. Your list is not a 'fanboy' listing per se but more along the lines of a power listing.
For example your top 10. Those guys will win virtually every fight they are in, unless they are facing each other. Hence they deserve to be in the top ten.
A fan boy listing would be something along the lines of someone adamantly stating that Wolverine can defeat Magneto, that Spiderman can defeat the Hulk, or that Quicksilver can defeat the Flash. And supporting that premise no matter what Marvel and/or DC writers may say.
Your list was a power list not a fanboy list.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:45 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

depends who is hitting hulk . but ya most peep think he will take any hit and , since he will get stonger and stonger therefore he is seen as someone who can beat anyone.(there is some truth to that)

Like it's wise to knock out Hulk fast as posible can. But hulk is very beatable but not before power before 100tons

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:46 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think anyone has denied Hulk's is able to be knocked out though.

So I don't see how it's a fanboy orientated thing.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:52 PM
Max Spidey 24
The Batman

Say it was Spiderman Vs Doomsday and Superman prime at there max.

If i say spidey wins i would be called a fan boy but what if he could win but you dont know it. Like DD and SP goes straight for Spideys head but they are scared of spiders so they freak out and get a heart attack. Then Spidey wins.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:59 PM
Max Spidey 24 is currently offline Click here to Send Max Spidey 24 a Private Message Find more posts by Max Spidey 24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

the hulk fanboy thing is very evident with the whole.......(whining voice now..)"hulk can do anything...for it is within the boundaries of his charcter....and once that said boundary exists he can be written to do anything..... nyeh nyeh nyeh"

i swear to god i must have seen that like a hundred times, forgot who used to say it tho, but it seemed to have been the counter for anything said aganist hulk.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 08:01 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't think anyone has denied Hulk's is able to be knocked out though.

So I don't see how it's a fanboy orientated thing.

-AC

Everytime the notion that Juggernaut can knock Hulk out is introduced in the Jugg vs. Hulk thread it is SOOOOO quickly shot down by the "Hulk only needs to get madder" or "Hulk will just heal so fast it doesn't affect him" that it sends my head spinning.

Not that I like Juggernaut....I just think Hulk and his "limitless strength" attribute on top of his "healing factor" are highly over used by Hulk fanboys.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 08:05 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Similar to people who argue that Juggernaut is completely immune to all physical attack, no matter who's inflicting it. So I've seen threads where people say that Celestials couldn't hurt Juggernaut if Celestials only attacked him physically. And because that's the recurring theme for all of his fights, it becomes impossible for Juggernaut to lose to anyone who is not a telepath. So then you could extrapolate that further and have him go against the most powerful non-psis in the universe and make a case that they couldn't beat Juggernaut because they're not telepathic. And that's how you get threads like, "Superman Prime vs. Juggernaut"

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 08:06 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

there are difference level of power that can do damage to anyone , if a force is greater than the cytorak is used than obiously that will hurt Jugs

and with hulk , healing and his increase in power is the only thing that hulk as a char is know for. So of course it will be used a lot what did you except they gonna say?

But people shouldn't say he is unbeatle just beacause of those fact , as we have all seen hulk go down many times

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 08:12 PM
Linkalicious

quote:
Originally posted by demigawd
Similar to people who argue that Juggernaut is completely immune to all physical attack, no matter who's inflicting it. So I've seen threads where people say that Celestials couldn't hurt Juggernaut if Celestials only attacked him physically. And because that's the recurring theme for all of his fights, it becomes impossible for Juggernaut to lose to anyone who is not a telepath. So then you could extrapolate that further and have him go against the most powerful non-psis in the universe and make a case that they couldn't beat Juggernaut because they're not telepathic. And that's how you get threads like, "Superman Prime vs. Juggernaut"

Juggernaut's weakness isn't ONLY to psionics...his main weakness is in his character. He's not smart, he is easily manipulated by money, being better than his brother is his main drive...the list goes on.

Dr. Phil could send Juggernaut home crying before he even threw a punch.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 09:04 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Dr. Phil could send Juggernaut home crying before he even threw a punch."

Hahahahahaha.

I imagined him walking up to Juggernaut, "Here's my tip of the day. Stop being a *****. You control your own life."

On topic, I only use the limitless strength thing when applicable. Same with healing. Tough Guy is the biggest Hulk fanboy on here without doubt. He's the only one I know who says "Hulk can be written to beat anyone". I've said that to him also.

Hulk has more haters than fanboys. Anyone debating against him tries to come up with some ultra lame theory or comparison to cheap him out of his power.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 09:47 PM
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Im probably number one here, Ive mentioned Ghost Rider before, but only because hes cheap, all he has to do is look in your eyes and your pretty much dead, or emotionally disturbed and unable to do crap the rest of your life.

And as for the Juggernaut thing, Juggernaut sucks at fighting, I know that, we all know that, but the fact is, he cant be hurt. You can slam him all day and he will just get back up because with the magic of Cytorrak, you cant really harm him (which in my eyes, is kinda gay, but hey.) Sure, Hulk could kill him, probably bash his brains out of his ocular cavities, if he didnt have that magic.

Regardless, doom is the shiznit and he can pretty much do whatever he wants, same goes for magneto now that he can do the whole "atom" crap.

And if there are fanboys of The hulk, he deserves it, I mean come on the guy has unlimited strength and super healing, but really, some people take it just a little to far with the fact saying hes not a battery, he can immediatly become strong, ETC ETC.

Alpha, the entire reason hulk has more haters, is because having unlimited strength is pretty corny in arguements, and hes unliked because he can beat every hero, and thats the only point people use in there arguements with him, it gets annoying in hulk VS threads for people to just go "Hulk, unlimited strength, have immedaitly, not a battery"

Regardless, Superman deserves fanboys as well, and the whole wolverine thing, I dont know what happened with that.

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 09:59 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wrong forum. Here you go: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 12:09 AM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

I agree with Alpha completely, except on a couple of things. I think Hulk has so many haters because he has so many fanboys. Well, not really that many on either side, but you get those few fanboys that hang on to the same comment forever, even after being disproven. I'll admit, it almost turned me anti-Hulk at some points, just from getting tired of hearing it. And, for the list, people don't say most of those characters win because of fanboyism, they say they win because it's true. Thanos, Doom, Superman Prime, they don't get picked because of fanboyism, they get picked because the majority knows that their that powerful, or that damn good. It has nothing to do with favortism, the majority simply knows who has the biggest advantage. And some of those guys are hardly ever mentioned, so why they're on this list I don't know.

Anyways, this is in the wrong forum...

Moving

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 08:01 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote