KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Phase 2 (Round 1) [Longpig vs Stormfront]

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Phase 2 (Round 1) [Longpig vs Stormfront]
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Phase 2 (Round 1) [Longpig vs Stormfront]

So begins the second phase of the tournament...

stormfront13

"Hurricane"

binary-powers/body
bloodstorm-powers/magic ability
zatanna-mind/powers

Bloodstorm
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/red_rain

Zatanna
http://www.unstable.com/whoswho/zatanna.htm

Binary
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop....php?entryID=90

vs

Longpig

Absorbing Man - Body, powers
Flash - Powers
Dr Strange -magical fighting ability mind and powers

Dr Strange
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...php?entryID=223

Flash (Barry)
http://www.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=flash2

Absorbing Man
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...y.php?entryID=2

The battle takes place in the Realm of Madness
http://www.marveldirectory.com/othe...lmofmadness.htm

The participants amalgams retain previous knowledge from their last battles and may use it in this battle in addition they have exactly one hour to prepare for the battle while dealing with the effects of the battlefield.

Forever Young...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 06:32 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

The battlefield might be more of a factor in this fight than in the previous rounds.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:13 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

BIG SEXY IS READY TO FIGHTTTTT!

Seeing that our physical bodies are nearly equal(you may possibly be stronger, i doubt it), so this is going to come down to a battle of magic. big grin big grin and we know from Zantanas own profile that she isn't even the top earth magician.

-PREP-
During the hour of prep, I conjure up the Eye of Agamotto to protect me from any illusions or mental attacks.
quote:
* Dr. Strange's most powerful and precious item. Very similar to its predecessor the Amulet of Agamotto.
* The Ancient One can activate the Amulet's powers remotely [ST #110].
* The Amulet/Eye can send out a hypnotic, immobilizing ray of blinding light [ST #110].
* The powers of the Amulet/Eye are available to Doctor Strange while he is astral form. An astral form of the Amulet/Eye travels with Doc's astral form. The Amulet/Eye's physical form remains with Doc's physical body, and that can also be activated by Doc while in astral form. This seems to make the Amulet/Eye an incredibly powerful and useful item. No other item has been shown to do this [ST #110].
* It can be used to communicate with others and transmit thoughts over long distances [ST #110].
* Doc uses it on several occasions to transmit strength/health to the Ancient One [ST #111].
* Its light can be used to detect normally-invisible mystical auras, effects, etc. [ST #116].
* Its light can dissolve illusions. "Nothing evil can bask in its glow for long!" [ST #116].
* It can be used to completely read another's mind [ST #118].
* It can unlock door bolts ("no mere man-made lock can resist the power of my enchanted amulet") [ST #120].
* It can play back recent past events in an area (because "light waves never completely disappear") [ST #121].

I use my absorbing man powers to turn into iron, then to add further protection against any physical attack, I cast a spell that takes deep concentration and time to work(if I do it, it has to be done here while i have prep and nothing else to worry about), called the Triple Shield of Protection( DS #32).
Three times more durable and strong than the shield that took hits from Death and Galactus.

quote:
By the Images of Ikonn --
by the Darkhold's foul Tree --
let our aegis grow thrice-fold --
so mote it be!

Strange has shown the ability many times to creat powerful illusions, the limit to how many is unknown, so 10 will do.
Each one of these illusions have small ammounts of telepathic/hypnotic/magical power and can think independantly or be programmed to attack/engage.
[ST #131]
[ST #123 (first, against Loki), ST #130-131, DS #70.
(Loki himself couldn't tell the difference between the illusions and the real Strange.)

I conjure up the Bands of Cyttorak, they can lie in wait to attack a specific target, and can materialize/chase them down. [DSSS #1].
Done preparing, and wait for the bell or whatever.
-END PREP-

First battle tactic:
As soon as the bell rings, I rush aside at near light speed and allow the identical illusions surge forth attacking at will, using each of their small amount of telepathy on BS, keeping her occupied....

I have no reason to attack her physically, if I did, there is a chance of being harmed or overpowered.

So I go for her mind's weakpoint, Concentration.

quote:
Her unique genetic structure allows her to use the magic she was born with as well as learned magic. imitating her father's spellcasting by saying the words of her incantations backwards, Zatanna must concentrate on her magic to make sure she is using the proper spell.

I cast the confusing Spell of Forgetfulness[ST #129] to confuse her mind, partially making her forget what she is here for in the first place, then, with help from the Eye of Agamotto I attack her mind, confusing her more, giving her false views of the landscape and slowing her mental down considerably.

As soon as I have her mind in a puzzle so thick she can't get out of, and too busy concentrating on where she is and fighting the illusions to put out any type of spell or energy blast... I allow the bands to overcome her and cast Fungol Thopa that will drain away her life force as well as her magical power
quote:
Fungol Thopa, foul fungus on the target which drains life and magical energy
[MP #5].

Remember.
Any reality warping BS can possibly do, I can un-do or make myselfand the illusions immune to it.
Strange protected himself and his team twice from the reality warping power of the Infinity Gauntlet, once he even un-did the reality that Adam Warlock w/IG created.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:31 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's my first tactic, just basically going for the incapacitation count.

The illusions on the landscape and fear based illusions will not effect my mind, due to the E.O.A.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:37 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)
Two small gestures keep Strange and his team immune to the reality warping effects of the IG, Zatanna's reality warping power, if it exists at all, are not remotely near the scale of the IG.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jun 8th, 2005 at 08:54 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:43 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Second tactic, if the last one is too boring and cheap.

During prep:
Conjure the EOA.

Caste the Triple Sheild.

Caste the multiple illustions.

Caste the bands, touch them, and absorb the properties of it, making me invulnerable to any attack, and infinitly strong (I figure this because of how strong the bands are, i.e they can be used to break out of certian unbreakable things. AM can handle it, he's absorbed Mjolnir before).

Fight Begins:

I fly at BloodStorm at light speed, blasting magic bolts that have K.O'd Galactus and knocked Death itself on her ass.

When I get into close enough range, I attack her in her weakend state, negate any magic thrown at me, and hand to hand fight her with my superior martial arts skill and reflexes.
And snap her neck or incapacitate her or make her tap out using pressure points.

That's just a summary, I won't use that tactic unless I need to.
Right now, I'm sticking to my first tactic.

My third tactic...........is so cheap, and so effective.....I'm saving it for someone else... evil face

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jun 8th, 2005 at 12:36 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 12:33 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

realm of f**kin' madness?

lol

you just know that was invented after a Marvel writer took some bad acid

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 01:39 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Hey, we started again!

Nice strategy lp. Stormfront shocked the pants off me (get that smile off your faces) the first round by making some good arguments with what I originally thought was a weak amalgam. He's got some work cut out for him here, but I'm interested to see what he says.

-DM

P.S. Hmmm....now Scoob, Khell, and I get to wonder...I think I'll just make 2 write-ups. It'll make it easier.

P.P.S. I hope the battle settings keep getting crazier. The Madness Realm is cool.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 05:58 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngelGirl
Fleur Delacour

does any one no any good websites

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 06:00 PM
AngelGirl is currently offline Click here to Send AngelGirl a Private Message Find more posts by AngelGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Well... that seems kinda vague...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 07:05 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well, we both know this won't come down to a battle of trying to defeat each other with magic, or at least it shouldn't because our characters would stalemate. according to wizard zatanna and strange are two of the most powerful sorcerers in comics, there were a few more but i can't remember them. k heres my battle plan.

PREP:

during prep i work on using storms powers(aaren't very hard to control, storm was flying when she first got her powers). i quickly find that they are affected by my emotions. i do some simple stuff like lightning and tornados. then i try freezing things which works very well for me. then i try some more fine attuned attacks, like create minature tornados, and create storms in the palm of my hand, chain lightning and stuff of that calibre. now i seem to have very, very good control over the weather, andkeep in mind my weather powers are better than thors. in the last 10 minutes of prep i focus on some spells, incantations and stuff like that. i think of spells that i could use and stuff like that. in the last minute of prep i create a two-way portal right in front of me so that anything that tries to hit me will go through the portal.

zatannas natural abilities are to manipulate and control magic, that is how she is able to do what she does. zatanna is naturally magical and can adapt easily to magic. she ia a magical being, her race is a group of magical people the homo magi(i think). hurting me with magic will be very hard. and zatanna is a very accomplished telepath herself, she mind-wpied batman and rewrote his memories. also storms powers make her naturally resistant to psionic attack and I can create a lightning field that will scramble your incoming psionic attack. even storm with her normal power levels was able to keep out emma frost, rachel grey, and even at one point xavier. now with my weather powers that even surpass thor it will be even tougher to get into my head. even if somehow you do get past my lightning field(more than likely won't happen) then you have my very powerful telepathic power to deal with. and storms powers will be able to go right through that field of yours. has happened on more than one account and now her powers are enhanced to much greater levels it will be no problem. once i am in there then all i have to do is electrify the air around you as storm did to x-cutioner in uncanny x-men #17. storm did it with mere ease and talked about it like it was nothing. it was so powerful the x-cuntioner couldn't take it and had to teleport away, he even had his forcefield up. once i electrify the air all i have to do is send a bolt in your head effectively shorting out the synapses in your brain as storm did to the hulk in cable #34.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 07:31 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

also if you try to compete in pshyical battle it will be hard to defeat me because Bloodstorm was one of the 57 warriors to be forced into the Secret Wars tournament by the Beyonder. She fought through eight of her opponents, defeating Phoenix, Gambit, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Poison Ivy, Apocalypse, Juggernaut and Baron Zemo. and I have a question- bloodstorm had adamantium bonded to her, would that carry through to binary's body because it can be considered a power?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 07:53 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i'd say no to the adamantium if it's bonded to a body that you're not using

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:07 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

k, it was worth a shot

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:08 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
we both know this won't come down to a battle of trying to defeat each other with magic, or at least it shouldn't because our characters would stalemate. according to wizard zatanna and strange are two of the most powerful sorcerers in comics

It most definatly will, and according to Zatannas own profile she isn't considered to be the best magician on earth, much less the universe, like Strange.
quote:
However, each time she thought she had lost her power, it was regained, internally regenerated. While she is not the mightiest sorcerer on Earth, Zatanna is a force to be reckoned with

That's why I'm going to make it a magical battle.

quote:
telepath herself, she mind-wpied batman and rewrote his memories. also storms powers make her naturally resistant to psionic attack and I can create a lightning field that will scramble your incoming psionic attack.

Strange doesn't use -true- telepathy, he uses mesmirism, it has the same effects as telepathy, but doesn't rely on the same science( i.e EM fields) to work. It works off magic, and being backed by the EOA, it would make Strange more powerful mezmirism/telepath than Xavier.

quote:
and storms powers will be able to go right through that field of yours.x-cutioner in uncanny x-men #17. storm did it with mere ease and talked about it like it was nothing

Not happening, her lightning may get through a normal shield, or a science based shield, but it isn't getting past a trumped up magic shield. Galactus' own powers couldn't get through, Storm's isn't either.

quote:

once i electrify the air all i have to do is send a bolt in your head effectively shorting out the synapses in your brain as storm did to the hulk in cable #34.

Like I said, you aren't getting past my shield.

But, how are you do any of this while being telepathiclly attacked by me and magically/telepathiclly attacked by 10 other Strange's attacking you, how are you to know which one is the true strange?

You can't do any of this while being hit with blasts and telepathic assualts by 10 different Stranges, powerful spells that confuse you, and finally being wrapped up inside unbreakable bands.

Zatannas telepathic power's are easily easily trumped by the Eye, Strange's mind would cut through yours like butter.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jun 9th, 2005 at 01:20 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 01:13 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

keeping it up eh.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 01:14 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
also if you try to compete in pshyical battle it will be hard to defeat me because Bloodstorm was one of the 57 warriors to be forced into the Secret Wars tournament by the Beyonder

You only have her powers, not her body or her fighting experience.
Even if you did, Strange is a better fighter with countless thousands of years experience.

Your body is strong, and fast, but you can't break out of the bands while being as confused as you would be after being mind raped by 10 different alternate strange illusions.

These illusions have no connections to me, I don't control them, they think on their own, I need no concentration to keep them around.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 01:18 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
You can't do any of this while being hit with blasts and telepathic assualts by 10 different Stranges, powerful spells that confuse you, and finally being wrapped up inside unbreakable bands.

This strategy sounds familiar, Longpig smile

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:11 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

i don't get what your saying about the telepathy thing but zatanna's is magical based also. she is very powerful at using telepathy, and she gains an extra boost by using the lightning field. i could easily create duplicates of myself in prep time, but the rules stated that it is against the rules. and your trusting a web-site over people that write the wizard magazine?? they specifically said that zatanna and strange are both 2 of the most power sorcerers in comics. zatannas natural abilities are to manipulate and control magic, that is how she is able to do what she does. zatanna is naturally magical and can adapt easily to magic. she ia a magical being, her race is a group of magical people the homo magi(i think). hurting me with magic will be very hard. and i'm not breaking through your force field, i'm not even going to try. i'm going in the field which will be simple. i electrify the air in the field, one of the bolts goes through your brain shorting out all synapses in your brain. and your bands won't even touch me. and yeah i don't have storms expierence but i have her powers, and extra added abiities which make me stronger. by herself bloodstorm defeated Phoenix, Gambit, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Poison Ivy, Apocalypse, Juggernaut and Baron Zemo. she beat them, so could my character

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:21 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

This realm of madness, really would have no effect on either of us.
It only effects those who are already insane.

Dr strange has walked through it with no ill effects many times, and has thrown others in it.

check it out.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/realmofmadness.htm

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:28 AM