KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel Tournament Odds Vs. Thread

Evangel Tournament Odds Vs. Thread
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Evangel Tournament Odds Vs. Thread

Ok, so here are the participants in the Amalgam tournament.

(in alphabetical order)
1. demigawd
2. gautam
3. Khellendros
4. K Von Doom
5. longpig
6. Nataku
7. Scoobless
8. stormfront
9. Sentry
10. Quick Freeze

Who wins this battle royale?

Smart money is probably on the unofficial defending champ (from the last tourney) Scoobless...but with 10 in the field, a repeat will be tough. demigawd has honed his fighting craft with a string of build-a-team and fight me threads, Khellendros nearly took out Scoob in the last tourney (in came down to the last vote), and Quick Freeze recently chose an obscure herald as his first character which may help or hinder him.

Will it be one of these, or will a darkhorse (pun intended) emerge victorious? Post your thoughts on this, and how long you think this thread will last before it's shut down by the moderators...

-DM big grin

P.S. Random thread, I know, but I was bored, and was starting to feel bummed that I've never been able to do a tournament here (even though I'd probably be destroyed)...
oh, and anyone want to lay odds? ....we could make this really interesting....hehe

Last edited by Digi on Apr 26th, 2005 at 01:05 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:03 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not in it.
But, I'd go for Scoob.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:13 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

first of all long pig, gamewarrior quit so stormfront suggested you to be in it and there were no objections! SECOND OF ALL I DID NOT CHOOSE A HAROLD! I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! NOBODY KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! I DONT KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WHEN I POSTED IN THE TYRANT VS SUPERMAN THREAD!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

so far natuku has the most powerful character so for now i'm going with him. but in reality im obviously rooting for myself. but, honestly i think khell can conjure up a win if he really wants (which we all know he really does) so, yeah

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:19 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh, I didnt know any of this.
you shouldnt have let Khell talk you out of The Fallen One, khell only did that because Fallen is crazy powerful.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:25 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

eh, but he was right. he's a better 2nd choice if anything. he's only class 75

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:27 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Making bets are we?

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:54 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

yes! everyone give me your paypal usernames and passwords! i'll organize the pool!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 03:01 AM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Heh, with the whole "No street level powers" my Mr. Immortal combo was completely ruined. Damn you evangel.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 03:39 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

After getting bored and having read a good part of the last tournament, I'd say Scoobless. Or Nataku, cuz he has the ultimate in power equalizing, Silver Surfer...

Crazy arguing skills by Scoobless is what it came down to in the last one though, I still think Khell had a better team just at face value... I'm waiting for him to pull someone really random out of his a$$ this time.

Oh, and do the amalgams have the weaknesses of their characters as well as strengths if someone else in the mix doesn't cancel it out? Like will a character with Superman get wasted by a dude with Batman's handy dandy kryptonite ring? (like Batman being human durability would be canceled by Superman, but not a whole lot of people are specifically Kryptonite immune...)

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 03:59 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

I think that's probably what most people are thinking... for instance, have Superman but also have Dr Strange so the magic weakness is negated... or have Shang Chi melded with Flash thus multiplying his fighting ability and making him virtually untouchable

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:21 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

yeah, zod's weakness to magic is negated by loki's mastery of it

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:26 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

That's quite tricky of you... I eagerly await the start of this here thing.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:38 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ha...people actually like this thread. big grin

I agree with dizzle for the most part, Scoobless has consistently shown mad argument skills (I've been at the receiving end of them more than once so I know firsthand)...probably makes him a slight favorite, but I'm thinking in this one it may more about who forms the best character than who can argue the best (but they'll both be factors of course).

...just something to have some fun with...$5 American dollars (3.87 Euros) to get in the poll....just kidding, of course.
Current odds
Scoobless - 3/1
Khell - 3/1
Nataku - 3/1
demigawd - 4/1
longpig - 15/1 (haha...no offense lp, just that you found out you were in it late, so you'll have less "prep" for making your character)
Everyone else - 5/1

.... I have no life... geek

-DM

P.S. The conversion rate on American dollars to Euros was completely made up.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 10:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

i think ScarletSpider replaced demigawd. he chose impulse and gl (hal) if i remember correctly. . . or maybe that was long pig. anyway no more demigawd and one of the newer additions as a superfast gl. . .

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 11:23 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I shall replace demigawd if he does not "sign in" before a certain deadline set by Evangel.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 01:01 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yep...so now Scarlet Spider is at 20/1 Odds...possibly the best steal in the tourney, given the high pay-back. And no offense SS, but like longpig, you have less prep time with planning your character, and chose last since you came in late.

That, and I needed to determine someone as an underdog for the tourney (longpig and SS it is, then)

And right now, Scoobless has the Asgardian Destroyer (picked through a small loophole in the rules) as one of his picks, so he's down to 2/1 and is currently the odds-on favorite unless Evangel prohibits the pick.

-DM (I accept checks and credit card numbers...PM me.. big grin )

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 01:14 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

And I also pork slapped Scoobless with another loophole, but we'll have to see how that goes through.

And a lightspeed GL doesn't do it for you? Tsk. Tsk. Oh well, wait until pick three.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 01:34 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Allright so... when did we start opening threads to talk about threads? Is that like the new 'purple is the new blue' thing? Interesting. And, I might understand why you'd do this: don't wan to bog up the thread with posts about whom you prefer. Right? well uhh... what's prevening them from coming here? my five cents big grin (I know the proverb is TWO cents, but you know... it's me)
And Khell will win. He's a semysmart dude. Him or Scoob. I think under that stupid x-terrier and the dumbass interrier, he might be bloody smart. (It's just a joke ,Scoob. A new one from arrogent talkins 240. (another sarcastic joke))

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 01:54 AM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Evangel's levelled the playing field a bit... I'm going for Sentry or Khell to win it all

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 01:56 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
my five cents big grin (I know the proverb is TWO cents, but you know... it's me)
And Khell will win. He's a semysmart dude.

laughing

Semi-smart? Thanks!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 01:56 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote