KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Eminem sucks...why?

Eminem sucks...why?
Started by: TrAnCeDuO

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

Eminem sucks...why?

the other day i was over at my fathers friends house and i was speaking with his son...he asked me if i liked eminem...i told him that he was a talentless hack who just repeats himself in the three categories of mainstream rap(those three would be 1"i got bling bling look at me"2 street survival or 3 something that relates to the club)eventually i got him to shut up but still i dont think he really understands how terrible eminem truly is....

so im asking you all....please tell me (with reasoning and educated answers of course)why is this godawful artist so bad?

Last edited by TrAnCeDuO on Jun 29th, 2004 at 02:09 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 02:01 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

doesnt seem so bad to me, seems like 1 of the better mainstream rappers.

but then again im not really a big fan of rap

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 02:03 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MudvanneJessy
Not Falling Down

rap is very very gay.
all they do is moan and groan.
they use their bass too loudly. you can not understand them half of the time. the people that listen to rap can understand them. and they tell me that they cannot understand what my bands are saying i agree 100% with TrAnCeDuO

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 02:11 PM
MudvanneJessy is currently offline Click here to Send MudvanneJessy a Private Message Find more posts by MudvanneJessy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

tell him to try listenin to Underground hip hop and we should kill and sacrifice MudvanneJessy to the Gods.

well Eminem i never liked, he's got a great flow from what i listened to but his production and lyrics are weak. there are better white rappers out there...not only that there ARE better rappers out tehre besides eminem, 50 cent etc etc...
i wouldn't say he's one of the better mainstream rappers...

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 02:39 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

he's definitely more talented than most radio-friendly rappers, but like hock said, there are tons better; I mean Nas' first album is a 1000 times better than anything Eminem could ever hope to produce.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 02:51 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Illmatic was great. but after that Nas fell sad

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 03:12 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

I know sad

Thats the thing with the good mainstream rappers, most of them make a real sweet first couple of records, then make nothin but shit afterwards. Biggie, Outkast, Nas, Mobb Deep and The Pharcyde all fell.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 03:34 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Eminem isn't THAT bad compared with 30 cent or some shit like that. He has an occasional stroke of brilliance in which he writes good lyrics.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 03:39 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopy43

I really love watching middle class white kids trying so hard to be 'gangsta' or they be 'representin'. They don't have a freakin' clue as to what the music's about. I don't either. I'm white. The music's not made for me. Rap/Hip-Hop was created by African Americans for their voice, their culture. But along comes little 14, 15, 16 year old white kids trying to be cool and trampling all in the music. Hell, even Rap's being marketed at little kids in toy commercials. Kind of takes away what the true meaning of what the music's about.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 06:24 PM
snoopy43 is currently offline Click here to Send snoopy43 a Private Message Find more posts by snoopy43 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I must not be listening to the same Eminem as you guys. I don't know too many of his songs because I hate rap, but I've never really heard him sing about his bling bling or about life in the club. I always hear him singing about how f-ed up his life is and how he's a complete druggie.

As for this BS you guys claim to be underground....well it's not underground guys. If you know about it, it's just about as main stream as it's gonna get. Unless of course you're from a city like Detroit, LA, Chicago, or New York where there are actual underground rap contests and what not.

You guys have actually managed to commercialize the phrase Underground. Way to go.

And Eminem is a bad ass rapper for 1 reason and 1 reason alone. He can glue together some more than decent lyrics without ever using the word "nig.ger" in his music.

99% of rappers, even your "underground" rappers, shoot that word out 60 times per song...without that word, those guys are just wanna be Will Smith's.

Sorry to any black people I offended with the use of that word, it wasn't directed at anyone...it's just used to prove a point. Oh yah, and rap sucks....PERIOD.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 06:57 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

The only album of his I liked was the "Slim Shady LP," and even that was only select few songs I liked.

Kind of going along with snoopy43; my last year of high school at the awards cerimony, one teacher handed out joke awards. One of which was the 'Urban Gangsta' award. It went to one of my friends, Zach. Or, as we called him, White Chocolate.

Zach was kind of a joke. But, he was an alright guy. Never tried to start nothing... just a nice guy. But, he called himself black and such. It was kind of a piss off.

White Chocolate... laughing

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 06:58 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I must not be listening to the same Eminem as you guys. I don't know too many of his songs because I hate rap, but I've never really heard him sing about his bling bling or about life in the club. I always hear him singing about how f-ed up his life is and how he's a complete druggie.

As for this BS you guys claim to be underground....well it's not underground guys. If you know about it, it's just about as main stream as it's gonna get. Unless of course you're from a city like Detroit, LA, Chicago, or New York where there are actual underground rap contests and what not.

You guys have actually managed to commercialize the phrase Underground. Way to go.

And Eminem is a bad ass rapper for 1 reason and 1 reason alone. He can glue together some more than decent lyrics without ever using the word "nig.ger" in his music.

99% of rappers, even your "underground" rappers, shoot that word out 60 times per song...without that word, those guys are just wanna be Will Smith's.

Sorry to any black people I offended with the use of that word, it wasn't directed at anyone...it's just used to prove a point. Oh yah, and rap sucks....PERIOD.

first of all i live pretty damn close to detroit...16 miles at most...but even in the suburbs where i live his sickening influence has spread to every single wigger...and because of this image it starts giving them ideas that they are entitled to be the worlds biggest a$$hole....
second of all about being in the club...what about "without me" or "the real slim shady"....that sure as hell sounds like flaunting your fame to me...

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 07:05 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

he doesn't do the in the club thing or bling bling, at least what i've heard. he's not very good though. Most of his songs are a pale imitation of what NWA did

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 07:10 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MudvanneJessy
Not Falling Down

Eminem is not good at all. just as TrAnCeDuO said he moans and groans about how f-ed up his life is. i grew up in Detroit,Warren, And Hazel Park. Em had it hard but he does not have the right to say how bad his life is because once he got his money he left.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 01:41 PM
MudvanneJessy is currently offline Click here to Send MudvanneJessy a Private Message Find more posts by MudvanneJessy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by MudvanneJessy
Eminem is not good at all. just as TrAnCeDuO said he moans and groans about how f-ed up his life is. i grew up in Detroit,Warren, And Hazel Park. Em had it hard but he does not have the right to say how bad his life is because once he got his money he left.

huh? i dont remember ever saying he was whiney(sp?) like linkin park...im just saying he is a terrible artist who offers nothing new to the table...and i wouldnt blame him for leaving this hole of a city...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 01:48 PM
misha

i dont mind eminem...dont hate him - dont love him!!! he's talented...but not really for me...i mean. ...i think mainly young kids like him....i dunno, i think his hip hop is mainly like....it's sort of poppy if u know what i mean?? i dunno, just mainly his songs dont have a meaning to em...ah i cant explain myself...but sum1 will get what im saying yes............................

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 01:52 PM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I hate rap. Eminem, im indifferent to, he does amuse me occasionaly with his videos.

The person i wanna slap silly is 50 Cent!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 01:55 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

u do realise ur sig has the name of a rapper on it (tho its spelt different but still stick out tongue )
but on the other hand....whos the hottie in ur avy??

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 02:01 PM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolution
Restricted

Account Restricted

nas stillamatic was a great album no joke.

but people like what they like.

im an eminem fan.

so go ahead and diss me and see if i care.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 02:16 PM
Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MudvanneJessy
Not Falling Down

i said that to make a point

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 02:59 PM