KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider-man 3 Villains Revieled!: Wolfman And Venom!

Spider-man 3 Villains Revieled!: Wolfman And Venom!
Started by: The Ones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ones
Death Eater

Spider-man 3 Villains Revieled!: Wolfman And Venom!

sorry if this has been posted before. if it has close or merge please.

from comingsoon.net:

Hollywood can't seem to get enough of Southern Tier native Tim Phoenix's special effects.

The 1994 Chenango Forks High School graduate has three major contracts under way at the same time: Where the Wild Things Are, due out this year; Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, due in 2006; and Spider-Man 3, due in 2007.

"It's a dream come true," said the 28-year-old Phoenix, who lives in Hollywood. "Life is too short to pass any of these particular projects up, so I will fight and claw to make them happen."

Phoenix said that while he has been kept busy with high-profile movies, he's pleased to be in demand.

"This is all sort of getting so big for me now," he said. "It just must be my time, and that is just the beginning."

In the movie Where the Wild Things Are, Phoenix helped create many of the gigantic creatures. The movie is based on the popular children's book by Maurice Sendak.

For the sequel of the Pirates of the Caribbean, Phoenix and his crew are making 2,500 sculpted, foam latex prosthetics that will later have makeup applied to them. The prosthetics will be used on the "freakish" pirates, Phoenix said.

He's under contract not to talk much about Spider-Man 3, but Phoenix did say that the crew is in the conceptual design process for the villains, who are Man-Wolf and Venom.

"It's super cool stuff and I am in my element here for these particular creations," he said. "I am living in 'the dream' out here. It is just so surreal."

The special effects artist's work was recently seen in Spider-Man 2, where he worked on designing the tentacles for villain Dr. Octopus. He worked on the mechanics behind their movement and helped with on-screen puppeteering.

Phoenix also worked on the mechanical baby and mechanical dog head in the Son of the Mask, which is currently playing at the State Theatre in Deposit.

"It is a very interesting journey so far, and the weird part is that it just keeps escalating," he said. "Every day, I am getting closer and closer to the sources of the most successful people out there, and that makes things all the more real to me."

lets pray they can do the venom story right!

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Last edited by The Ones on Mar 20th, 2005 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:17 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Is this a real article? They are really going to do Wolfman and venom? I find that hard to believe. Has any body else seen this article?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:21 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:22 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

are you sirious?!? i dont know anything about Man-Wolf.
i was hoping it was gonna be just one villian.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:23 PM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

so was i

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:23 PM
wuTa

well it would make sense to do man-wolf and venom but thats alot of story to tell....i'd rather they just do the lizard and GG2....this man-wolf thing smells like a disaster but maybe i'm wrong (i doubt it though)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:25 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

that kind of sucks. who the hecks man wolf??
at least there doing venom.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:27 PM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wuTa
well it would make sense to do man-wolf and venom but thats alot of story to tell....i'd rather they just do the lizard and GG2....this man-wolf thing smells like a disaster but maybe i'm wrong (i doubt it though)

Yes the man-wolf does sound like it could be really lame. Venom is going to need super amounts of back story. I hope this is some kind of hoax.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:28 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

i'd rather sit through a 5 hour movie and watch them do the story right than sit through a 2 hour movie and see it fall apart. if sam makes this movie good then spider-man will be 1 amazing trilogy!

Last edited by The Ones on Mar 20th, 2005 at 07:39 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:28 PM
Gannon
Mild Mannered

what does this pheonix guy know anyways?
maybe he ment man wolf or venom.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:40 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

oh dont tell me they are changing names aswell. either that or then phoenix is wrong or making it up

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:41 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

origin of the wolfman/manwolf:

As an astronaut, John came across a ruby-like gemstone on the moon and wore it as a pendant. Little did he know was that the stone was an alien artifact that grafted to his throat that gave him werewolf like powers whenever the moon was full...The stone has since been removed then later reattached then later, well you get the point!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:44 PM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Its not official so I'm not going to hold my breath on this one just yet.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:49 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

*furrows brow*

HOW are they going to do this? I wonder how they could make this work...

And thanks very much for posting and linking that, by the way.

This news is just making me curious about who they got to play Eddie Brock--I'm not worried about CGI work or effects, they'll be great, but how can a story be fabricated featuring 2 previously unseen and unknown characters and woven into what's already happened?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:53 PM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Since when is any of this proof? It's still just the word of a website. A crappy, sensationalist website at that.

Bullshit.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 08:44 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

jeez i was just posting something that i heard. dont get touchy

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 08:50 PM
wuTa

Originally posted by badsymbiote
*furrows brow*

HOW are they going to do this? I wonder how they could make this work...

And thanks very much for posting and linking that, by the way.

This news is just making me curious about who they got to play Eddie Brock--I'm not worried about CGI work or effects, they'll be great, but how can a story be fabricated featuring 2 previously unseen and unknown characters and woven into what's already happened?

it would be one unseen charactor....we seen john jameson in the 2nd spidey....MJ's fiancee

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 09:23 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

True, but he won't just instantaneously transform--meaning, they may want to spend at least, you know, a few minutes on the actual acquisition of the crystal and the initial transformation. He won't just clutch his throat and spontaneously appear. Plus, there's that space mission he'd have to return from. There are a few things that have to occur for people to understand what's happening. These things will take precious minutes from the film to explain them properly...fair enough?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 09:45 PM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Perhaps they meant Man-Spider?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 10:07 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Originally posted by The Ones
jeez i was just posting something that i heard. dont get touchy

Don't worry man I wasn't getting at you.

I get sick of stupid websites that hear the tiniest little rumour and go around stating it as fact. I don't get angry at the people who are easily led by these fake stories because they are very good at making these things seem believable.

Firstly the website doesn't even have a story confirming Man-Wolf or Venom, they simply assume it and, amazingly, believe their own crap.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 10:15 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote