KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Debate 2: Why does Dumbledore trust Snape so much?

Debate 2: Why does Dumbledore trust Snape so much?
Started by: RoguePw25

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Debate 2: Why does Dumbledore trust Snape so much?

All righty, time to kick off May's Debate! I would install a poll to this and give options, but I'm not sure on the reasons. I might install a poll in later once there are a few suggestions.

But lemme hear it! Why do you think Dumbledore trust Snape so much? Personally, I think there is something that Dumbledore isn't saying. (obviously). But sometimes I think that Dumbeldore trust Snape because he's afraid that Snape might be tempted to go back to the dark side. That is by giving him say the DADA position. So he wants to honestly trust Snape . .. .

Feel free to share your own, I just wanted to start ya off!

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 08:09 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lillytiger
oOoOoOo

Well, indeed, there must be some danger in Snape since Dumbledore would prefer to appoint Lockart or Umbridge rather than him for DADA!

Yet I am not sure about the reason. What I can tell you, though, is that I read on JKR's site that "Snape had told Dumbledore his story, and Dumbledore had believed him".
I suppose Dumbledore had good reasons to believe him, as well as not to trust him for the DADA job. On the other hand, he let him replace Lupin, once...

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 08:40 AM
Lillytiger is currently offline Click here to Send Lillytiger a Private Message Find more posts by Lillytiger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Oi recon that there must have been some big event that caused Dumblydor to trust Severus - maybe Snape saved Dumbledores life?

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:50 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Easy. The old perv can probably read his every thought.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 05:57 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Strange
Master of the mystic arts

Well, I think the reason that Dumbledore doesn't let Snape teach DADA is a matter of teaching methods.

When it comes to potions, he encourages the skilled students, while culling away the unable. This is good, because an unskilled mixer could hurt himself, so they'd be encouraged to buy them from an apothecary instead. Not everyone needs to know Potions.

Everyone does need to know DADA though. Snape's teaching method would scare a lot of children from a course that could mean the difference between life and death.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 10:15 PM
Doctor Strange is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Strange a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Strange Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sephiroth rules
i hear voices........

yeah i agree.... doctor strange? wer's dat from?

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:48 AM
sephiroth rules is currently offline Click here to Send sephiroth rules a Private Message Find more posts by sephiroth rules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

I think that Dumbuldore knows much more about Snape's past compared to what JK reveals. And I also think that there must be a strong, personal reason why Snape would never go to Voldermort's side and betray Dumbledore;

A) Either because Dumbledore has saved his life in the past (wizards owns a life favor to another wizard; remember what DD said to Harry when he saved Peter’s life), or

B) Voldermort has done something terribly bad to Snape, perhaps humiliated him so much so Snape never managed to over come that (We know that Snape holds to his pride very much).

Anyhow, I'm more then convinced that Snape's past and relation , triangle DD, VDM, SNP would the most interesting plot in the all the books. Once it will be revealed to us.

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post May 4th, 2005 03:09 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

Snape erred after Harry's parnets were killed because of the info he gave to voldie on the prophesy he finaly found his consience (sp) id say as he owed james his life in a wizards life debt I think that as Dumbledore knows occlamens he knew snapes change of heart was real he doesnt have to trust snape he can see more than voldie could hence why snape hasnt been found out as a spy yet

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:17 PM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

But, another thing in the triangle DD, Snp, and VLD what is interesting is how come Voldermort is not aware of the change in attitude of Snape. Because being one of the greatest Sorcerer of our time, he should be able to read Snp's mind?

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post May 5th, 2005 06:24 AM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
impatientinky
BlackWidow

well, snape is really good at occlumeny and legis- whatever (sorry, can't remember stick out tongue ). i think it is quite possible that he's better than voldemort. unless voldemort's just playing along or things aren't as they seem.
which brings us to another question: sure, DD is the greatest wizard alive, but do we know that he's better at that mind-reading stuff than snape is at closing it off? snape probably had to undergo a test, mayby let DD search his mind (when he came back from voldemort) but maybe he can close certain things off without even an expirienced wizard (such as DD or voldemort) noticing.

so far my post doesn't have a point yet. i guess what i mean is that there's probably more to it than DD reading snape's mind. i like the idea of someone having saved snape's life and therefore creating that bond. but i guess that doesn't keep you away from the bad side either - we just need to look at pettigrew.

so, lots of rambling here from my part stick out tongue

signature by TWelling4Ever.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 06:42 AM
impatientinky is currently offline Click here to Send impatientinky a Private Message Find more posts by impatientinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress

slytherins are cunning and survive by their own means whatever is neccessary (sp eep) DD is more powerfull maybe snape is merley more fearfull of what DD could do to him 'shrugs'

Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 07:27 AM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

Maybe Snape go himself into some real trouble at one time and Dumbledore got him out of it so he swore to repay his debt to Dumbledore by never going back to Voldmort's side.

"I'll take the world when it turns on you. I'll set it on fire.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 03:43 AM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress

fair point that is more than likley the right one I wonder how it came about im sure we'll find out eventually

Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 11:03 AM
sephiroth rules
i hear voices........

yeah....i hope rowling doesn't leave any loose ends........

Old Post May 10th, 2005 10:02 AM
sephiroth rules is currently offline Click here to Send sephiroth rules a Private Message Find more posts by sephiroth rules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress

yep totally

Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 08:06 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Life debt. But I don't really know....look at the way Harry saved Pettigrew; he's a death eater too. And he hasn't done anything good for Harry yet. And Harry sure as hell does not trust him.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 10:04 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sephiroth rules
i hear voices........

good point......i hope it gets cleared up like another visit to snape's past?

Old Post May 11th, 2005 08:30 AM
strawberryfeild
...I <3 Gaara

i really dont know......:cunfused:

I want to be buried in your backyard...

Old Post May 11th, 2005 09:11 PM
strawberryfeild is currently offline Click here to Send strawberryfeild a Private Message Find more posts by strawberryfeild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

It must be the twinkle in Snape's eye.

I'm guessing Dumbledore just saw some redeeming qualities in Snape or he had somewhat on the likes of Trelawney that made a prediction on Snape being vital in the future.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 07:14 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkjedi132
SITH MASTER

i dont kno about u guys but i trust snape too i think he has an important role later on in the books, but idk

There is no death, There is the Force.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 11:58 AM
darkjedi132 is currently offline Click here to Send darkjedi132 a Private Message Find more posts by darkjedi132 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote