KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Foamerchapter2

Foamerchapter2
Started by: tyrell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tyrell

Foamerchapter2

Chapter 2

It couldn’t be thought Julia, It just isn’t fair.
How is it that whatever time I leave home for work I always end up being stuck behind the same coach? Rushing to work again had come round far too quick, it only felt like a few hours had passed since she was speeding away from the place and now as with most mornings she was racing back.
As she ran out of the car towards the entrance it seemed she was having yet another `Groundhog` day experience.
Running late, the coach, the CCTV’s the only thing missing today was the rain.
“Hi, Mr Widmark”
Mr Widmark, was glued to his screen, nothing new then Julia thought.

“ Anything interesting today in your mailbox “ Julia asked?
“ Just the same usual boring stuff, whatever happened to phoning someone up and actually talking to them, that’s what I want to know. Even better still why, don’t they get off their arses and come down here and speak to me in person”

Julia had never heard him talk in such a way since she had been here. Either he had received some bad news or he may have got out of the wrong side of bed this morning, but whatever it was, it put him in a ****ed off mood already and it wasn’t even 9 yet.

“ Where the hell are the others, don’t they understand how much we have got to get through today, for once you would have thought they would have been here on time?”

With that in they walked, Mr Widmark sort of grunted at them and said to all of us;

“ I want you to aim to finalize all of your material today as that will give us a day left to go through everything and get it ready for `upstairs`. Will that be a problem for any one?

“ I should be able to complete the doctors today but the senior nurses may take me into Friday morning” said Julia.

“How about you Michael?”

“The nurses files are going fine, today should see it done”

“Lucky you, these `service files` are going take ages” said Kath.

Mike as soon as you’re finished can you give Kath a hand, I need the information for Monday first thing. As it stands we going to run into Friday and that leaves us very little time.

With that everyone got down to work, Mr Widmark made a phone call and after what sounded like a heated exchange stormed out of the office.

This was going to be one of those day’s, roll on the weekend
thought Julia, for what she had planned would give her a
well-deserved break.

One by one Julia listed the details of all the doctors that practised at the hospital, she included the information needed, who worked here, how much they earned, performance review etc. With doctors the actual time spent at the hospital was needed to calculate how much each doctor would claim from the N.H.S
That meant studying their swipe entry and exit dates and times over a period of a month to get an approximate cost to the hospital.
Most doctors shared their work between more than one N.H.S hospital as well the time spent at private hospitals.

With such a detailed amount of statistics unfolding Julia noticed that a number of doctors had certain information missing.
This included swipe details for particular days when it was known that they were at the hospital and that these same doctors did not have any `treatment` details recorded for the time they were at the hospital. With the system everything a doctor does whilst at the hospital is added to their file. This is held on file in case referrals are needed to assist the hospital in providing information when requested by other doctors, insurance investigators, police etc, etc.

There appeared to be four doctors who regularly had these anomalies. Even stranger the gaps occurred on the same days and at the same time for all of them every week for the past month.
Checking back over the past three months Julia discovered the
pattern was exactly the same.

What were these doctors up too? Why weren’t they swiping in and out? Where were they when they were at the hospital and How long had this been going on?

Julia had to find out what was going on but could she do this all on her own? If she asked for help from someone, could she trust them and what if one of the doctors found out what she was up too.

She set up a file in which she put every piece of information on the four of them; once all of her work was complete she would spend some more time going over them. For now she had move onto the senior nurses files and Julia wondered if there would be anything peculiar in them as well.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 09:33 PM
tyrell is currently offline Click here to Send tyrell a Private Message Find more posts by tyrell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote