KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » sick of hearing about how sids was faking his loss

sick of hearing about how sids was faking his loss
Started by: moviejunkie23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
moviejunkie23

Tongue sick of hearing about how sids was faking his loss

ok lets get this out of the way.
Did mace win or was palpy faking that he was losing

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:24 AM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I've spent the better part of the past two days arguing about this.... sigh

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:27 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

My opinion:

Sidious was faking being beaten by Mace. Sidious knew that Anakin would come so he made it look like Mace was gonna kill him. Sidious knew that Anakin seeing a Jedi master suposedly assassanating his mentor would turn him to the darkside.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

oh yeah lol... and at first I was adament that he faked it, but now I am sitting on the fence with no clear direction as to which way I'll fall

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

I think that Mace is, in general, a better swordsman than Sidious, but I feel that Palpatine played up his anguish in the end, there.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:33 AM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

It was obvious he was faking to me..the way he was watching Anakin's reactions..and finally when Anakin did assist, Sidious had more than enough power to finish Mace off.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:34 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
oh yeah lol... and at first I was adament that he faked it, but now I am sitting on the fence with no clear direction as to which way I'll fall
Affected your judgement, I have! laughing out loud

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:36 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

i think mace beat palp.....theres arguments both ways...but during their whole fight, mace had the better of him...things just went pear shaped when anakin came along...

how did sidious get his saber back btw? mace kicked it out the windowconfused

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:36 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Caught it with the force while Ani and Mace were yelling at each other....

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

you taking the piss or are you serious? i didnt see thatno expression

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:44 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Couldnt have, he dropped before Anakin even entered, another reason he looked helpless is because Ani never knew he had a weapon.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:45 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

excellent point.... consider this deeply will I....

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:47 AM
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mist
you taking the piss or are you serious? i didnt see thatno expression
I didn't see it either, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I never see Obi-Wan take a dump in all 6 movies, but I feel pretty certain he did HUNDREDS of times during the course of the saga!!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:53 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Do we really need another thread on this?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Palpatine was faking as far as I'm concerned.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:29 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rubinator
is SYLAR

well of course he is faking right after Anakin cuts maces hand off palpatine shoots lighning at him and just gets up with no damage of tiredness

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:31 AM
Click here to Send rubinator a Private Message Find more posts by rubinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hah, people who think the same as me. Yeah, I've been arguing this as well.

Palpatine was faking. It seemed so obvious that he was faking in order to manipulate Anakin.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

Were you guys watching the movie? I know I was, and it was pretty blatantly obvious that Mace legitimately beat Sidious. As for the whole "he had more than enough energy to force lightning mace out the window"- that would probably have something to do with the fact that Anakin held Mace up for a couple minutes to debate. It wouldn't have really mattered how energetic he was at that point had he been dead 5 minutes prior like he should have been.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:41 AM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Palps got this ass handed to him by Mace...and went scurrying away as fast as possible...FACT.

The force lightening struggle...Palpy was playing it big time...I don't think it took everything out of him as he still had so much "POWER....UNLIMITED POWER!" afterwards...and he gives a satisfying *sigh* after "Mace Window" meets his maker.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:45 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Oh, I'll admit that Palps DID get his ass kicked by Mace. But he did not seem nearly as weak as he was claiming to be.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

i am suprised to see this many people say sids was faking his loss
don't let the interpration of the author of the movie book cloud your mind or the fact that your a sids fan. You watch the movie and it is incredibley clear mace won. Remember the fight. Anikin is not even there yet and mace has him on the ground light saber facing him. His lightning can't even save him and he severley deforms his face even trying to use it against mace. Hes lucky Mace didn't bring anikin, otherwise it would not have even been half of a contest. If mace would have brought him anikin would have seen for himself who was the agresser. Mace and Anikin together would have used Sids as a ping pong ball if he would have tried to step, as it was he lost horribley to mace anyway.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:01 AM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote