KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Does Smallville have a religion?

Does Smallville have a religion?
Started by: sexylexy32

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CrystallineFire
It Ain't Pretty In Vegas

Sleep Does Smallville have a religion?

This may be a very weird question,but I notice that in the show there is so church and wondered if Smallville had a relgion. Maybe they don't want to incorporate religion in the show for controversial reasons. I also thought last night: what religion is Clark and would it be different because he is from Krypton? It is so cool to imagine where Clark came from.... smile embarrasment

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 02:18 PM
CrystallineFire is currently offline Click here to Send CrystallineFire a Private Message Find more posts by CrystallineFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
liam k
i will not die

it probabaly does sexy.
p.s not a weird question at all, just an intresting one.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 12:48 PM
liam k is currently offline Click here to Send liam k a Private Message Find more posts by liam k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
liam k
i will not die

so no one else goin to talk then?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:29 AM
liam k is currently offline Click here to Send liam k a Private Message Find more posts by liam k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

well if theres a church i'd say its safe to assume they're christian... but i think clark is too busy for all that...

on krypton they were highly advanced, i doubt they even needed religion, but im not 100%...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 10:21 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrystallineFire
It Ain't Pretty In Vegas

Thats good thinking pr1983, but I still think Krypton might have had a religion, but you neva know..... wink smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 03:19 AM
CrystallineFire is currently offline Click here to Send CrystallineFire a Private Message Find more posts by CrystallineFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

it wouldnt surprise me if kryptonians did have religion, though i doubt we'll ever find out stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 03:52 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrystallineFire
It Ain't Pretty In Vegas

I wish I knew what their code meant ..... we will never know,too bad... smile wink

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 03:55 AM
alic88
Barzakh

i think smallville is degrading for superman, and it has never impressed me, judging from the episodes i have seen. it seems like the only target audience are teens(i am one) but not the real superman fans

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:54 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by alic88
i think smallville is degrading for superman, and it has never impressed me, judging from the episodes i have seen. it seems like the only target audience are teens(i am one) but not the real superman fans

i agree it was targeted more towards teens.. i've said before the only reason i watch it is because i'm such a huge superman fan...

Originally posted by sexylexy32
I wish I knew what their code meant ..... we will never know,too bad... smile wink

be patient, you never know...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:53 PM
CrystallineFire
It Ain't Pretty In Vegas

I'm a superman fan but I do agree that SV appeals more to teens(I'm one as well!) wink

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 04:19 AM
liam k
i will not die

sv is a different aspect of clarke kents life, he isn't superman yet. personally i like the show, and i like superman as well.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 10:01 AM
CrystallineFire
It Ain't Pretty In Vegas

I agree with that totally liam Smallville goes with the Superman stuff but also explains a different side of Clark Kent. smile

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 10:46 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

they have taken a hatchet to supermans history in a big way with smallville... most of it bad...

but i still watch it (im not a teen), i just love superman that much...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 10:57 PM
CrystallineFire
It Ain't Pretty In Vegas

Originally posted by pr1983
they have taken a hatchet to supermans history in a big way with smallville... most of it bad...

but i still watch it (im not a teen), i just love superman that much...

You know pr183 I wasn't really into superman before Smallville came on but now I am,sure they have altered the Superman image drastically, but not all for the bad.smile wink yes rolling on floor laughing

Now I have another question for everyone to ponder:

In Krypton, what type of people are up there, do they look normal like Clark and have powers or are they different? I think they are different than Clark and because he was different then all the rest they sent him to Earth. And if there is something about this in the comics that I don't know about ...errr Krypton is very interesting to think about .... See y'all! smile rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 10:50 PM
Sexy Lexy Lover

I don't know what they look like, but they do give lots of refrences about God and things that happened in the Bible.

I don't remember the exact episodes but Lex says to Clark about having a Messiah complex. Also when Lex comes back from the island he talks about Abraham about killing his son. Also when the police come to arrest Lionel, he tells Lex don't forget son Judas hung himself with his own rope.... That right tells me they have been educated in the matter.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 11:10 PM
Sexy Lexy Lover is currently offline Click here to Send Sexy Lexy Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Sexy Lexy Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

alright, on krypton clark (if he had stayed) would be like everyone else, human like in appearance and physical vulnerabilities...

krypton orbited a red sun, as we know earths sun is yellow, yellow sun's power up kryptonians to have the kind of powers superman has, any kryptonian that came to earth would have superman-like powers, its the sun that causes it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 11:39 PM
CrystallineFire
It Ain't Pretty In Vegas

Originally posted by pr1983
alright, on krypton clark (if he had stayed) would be like everyone else, human like in appearance and physical vulnerabilities...

krypton orbited a red sun, as we know earths sun is yellow, yellow sun's power up kryptonians to have the kind of powers superman has, any kryptonian that came to earth would have superman-like powers, its the sun that causes it.

Ok thanks for the info pr183 I had no idea,I don't follow superman stuff wink

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 11:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by sexylexy32
Ok thanks for the info pr183 I had no idea,I don't follow superman stuff wink

i do, look at the sig stick out tongue

but i suppose the best thing to come out of smallville is that there will be new superman fans...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 12:00 AM
freemind

I like this show. I never was really into superman until I started watching this. I admit that it is kind of centered for teens and sometimes it is like a bad soap opera but most of the time it is a pretty good show.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 01:32 AM
freemind is currently offline Click here to Send freemind a Private Message Find more posts by freemind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrystallineFire
It Ain't Pretty In Vegas

Originally posted by freemind
I like this show. I never was really into superman until I started watching this. I admit that it is kind of centered for teens and sometimes it is like a bad soap opera but most of the time it is a pretty good show.

I'm a new superman fan definitely pr183 and just like you freemind I wasn't until I started watching Smallville,it is too good! But still though centered around teens probably a good chunk of non-teens watch it for superman! smile

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 12:05 AM