KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Best era of music?

What is, in your opinion, the best era of music?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
1600 - 1900 2 4.35%
1900 - 1940 0 0%
1940-1950 0 0%
1950-1960 2 4.35%
1960-1970 10 21.74%
1970-1980 6 13.04%
1980-1990 13 28.26%
1990-2000 6 13.04%
2000-2010 3 6.52%
Other 4 8.70%
Total: 46 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best era of music?
Started by: Operation kmc

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Operation kmc
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best era of music?

Hi, I'm new here.

To start a thread;

What is, in your opinion, the golden age of music?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 08:30 PM
Operation kmc is currently offline Click here to Send Operation kmc a Private Message Find more posts by Operation kmc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

I was torn between the 60's or the 70's, in the end I went with the 60's. Perhaps it's the swinger in me!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 08:49 PM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

You're ignoring some important shifts in music between 1600 and 1900. Might as well just make it a ''Favourite era of pop music thread''.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 08:55 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Not ignoring. Just chose my favourite.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 09:12 PM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Best era would be 1600-1900.

2nd for me is 1990-2000.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 09:18 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

1990-2000 gets my vote. No exceptions. I grew up in that time so it's easy for me to choose.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 01:15 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

the 80s

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 03:08 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

The 90's.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 04:04 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I didn't grow up in this era, but gosh darn it the 60's had it all. The creme de la creme were in this decade. The British invasion, Motown, Ray Charles, James Brown, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Aretha, etc, etc.. Jeepers, that is a loaded decade. None can really compete.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 10:10 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

1960-1970 for me out of the choices. A close second would be 1970-1980

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 08:47 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BobbyD
I didn't grow up in this era, but gosh darn it the 60's had it all. The creme de la creme were in this decade. The British invasion, Motown, Ray Charles, James Brown, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Aretha, etc, etc.. Jeepers, that is a loaded decade. None can really compete.

Nah.

None of them were on par with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven, or Johann Sebastian Bach.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 10:40 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

1600-1900 is a lot longer than 10 years...

And in my opinion 1900-2010 is far superior to 1600-1900. Something being classical doesn't make it better.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 11:59 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by §P0oONY
1600-1900 is a lot longer than 10 years...

And in my opinion 1900-2010 is far superior to 1600-1900. Something being classical doesn't make it better.

Exactly, since many were masters of one instrument.

I can take someone like Prince who can play 20 instruments anywhere from good to mastered. Whereas, I can only speak of these classics as knowing one. Yes, there is praise that needs to be given to these pioneers because they started the whole process, but that's where it stops.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 01:08 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Nah.

None of them were on par with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven, or Johann Sebastian Bach.

Sure, with a piano!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 01:09 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Sure, with a piano!

Even in musicianship.

Those guys were on par with Jimi Hendrix and Buckethead.

PS: Johnny Cash is nothing but an overrated talker/strummer.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 02:00 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Sure, with a piano!

You do realise they composed music for a wide array of instruments?

Besides, there are a lot of ''subgenres'' and differing eras in classical music that the OP has ignored. Just because you're not knowledgeable about classical music doesn't make it inferior to pop music. You like what you like, but please don't talk shit about a subject you know nothing about.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 06:30 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Slay

Besides, there are a lot of ''subgenres'' and differing eras in classical music that the OP has ignored. Just because you're not knowledgeable about classical music doesn't make it inferior to pop music. You like what you like, but please don't talk shit about a subject you know nothing about.

Very nicely put. I am a fan of most eras of music definitely. Especially classical as I major in it. Most of the comments are pure opinion based, as most of them should be, but the ones who were talking about stuff as if they knew it as fact are kind of wrong.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 06:39 PM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Nah.

Howz about antonin dvorak, Now that mother ****er knew what was up. lol

Best era..,one word, page

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 06:03 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The 70's and the 90's were without a doubt the best era's of music. The past decade in my opinion has been absolute trash.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 02:05 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Slay

You're likely right, but do you listen to those guys on a normal basis, or would you prefer to listen to Metallica, or something more modern? I'm not well versed on classical music, so that genre is beyond me.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 04:23 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote