KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Can any one religion be true all by itself and no other?

Can any one religion be true all by itself and no other?
Started by: Imlistening

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Imlistening

can any single religion be the true religion, i mean they have no evidence that the others are wrong, especially when they don't have any real proof that they are right.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:21 AM
Imlistening is currently offline Click here to Send Imlistening a Private Message Find more posts by Imlistening Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking
King of the muscle shirts

if they have Jesus in their teaching then they are a true religion.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:26 AM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XxoooxX

Jesus was a powerful and verry much like hitler. Everyone just has the wrong ideah about what he was.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:59 AM
XxoooxX is currently offline Click here to Send XxoooxX a Private Message Find more posts by XxoooxX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking

Jesus is the opposite of Hitler.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:10 AM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking

if people believed in Jesus they will know who the true god is, if they don't then they will never know personally who god is.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:14 AM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

There is no one "right" religion. There are numerous systems through which people relate to the sacred, giving meaning and order to life. It is up to each person to find their way, and it is abhorrent for anyone to push their own spiritual beliefs on another.

Spirituality is the individual person' s relationship with the sacred. It' s an inner experience, it varies from person to person even more than religions differ from one to another.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 08:47 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
if they have Jesus in their teaching then they are a true religion.
spoken with true christian arrogance and a great deal of ignorance

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 09:19 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Storm
Spirituality is the individual person' s relationship with the sacred. It' s an inner experience, it varies from person to person even more than religions differ from one to another.

Good way to put it, yes..

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:25 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
yes it is called no religion at all big grin

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:07 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imlistening

I personally am an atheist, but my mom and most of my brothers and sisters are mormon. i dont like the church, but i dont hate it.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:00 PM
Imlistening is currently offline Click here to Send Imlistening a Private Message Find more posts by Imlistening Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imlistening

people in the mormon church, say in their testimonys that they know that their church is the true church, and thats one of the things that tells me that their full of it.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:02 PM
Imlistening

I used to be a mormon.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:02 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

The Seventh Day Adventists say their church is the true church....So, you better tell them.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:25 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking

so do catholics. But the church that sticks with the word of god more than others and less man made beliefs they will stick out the longest.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:37 PM
cking

I'm sorry man can't find salvation through themselves, we tried that already and we failed. God can only save us now. A sinner can't save a sinner. People are brainwashed by these other new ages beliefs that you can only save yourself. How can sin save sin? it can't, you will fail every time if you do it on your own. that is why their is a need for a savior because we are all born in sin.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 06:40 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Because there is no sin?????

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 07:09 PM
cking

yes their is Jesus says so.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 07:10 PM
cking

the disciples said so and they would never lie and Jesus would never lie.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 07:11 PM
finti

quote:
the disciples said so and they would never lie
oh really says who?........

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 07:13 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by finti
oh really says who?........

Says Jesus remember???? smile

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 07:15 PM