KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » T3: Sarah, Kyle, T1000

T3: Sarah, Kyle, T1000
Started by: chriscaffee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chriscaffee

T3: Sarah, Kyle, T1000

In the Special Edition DVD with the obligatory extra disc of special features they have a character profiles section which is sadly not as in-depth as I would have preferred. In that section the characters that appear in T2 but not T3 are all played by look-alikes.

Rather then taking scenes from T2/T1 or recasting the actors briefly they made these fictious scenes. You don't even get to see Sarah's face and the few glimpses you get of Kyle are obviously not Michael Bein. The T1000 never turns into Robert Patrick. Just seems odd that Mostow couldn't get a hold of any material from T2 and had to shoot these from scratch.

Any thoughts or explanations as to why this is the case. It's one of the things that bugged me about T3.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 02:09 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

hmmmm, another big mistake made by our "dear friend" Mostow? i dunno, it seems easy enough to grab some material from T2...

O well, that's Mostow for you.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 03:06 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

That is very odd, getting together a bunch of 'look-alikes'.

Surely its not that hard to get images from T2 at least.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:36 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

I think the T3 DVD was very much rushed . Mostow said that there would be plenty of re-release in the near future. So lets just wait for them. The DVD was a bit disappointing. But i'm sure when T4 is about to be released a new T3 DVD will be available!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:18 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

That is so rediculous. It really could not have been soooo difficult to get scenes from T2.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:13 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Maybe Mostow felt like he did not want to "borrow" material from the previous two films? I know it's impossible to make a Terminator movie without referencing the first two movies but it seemed like Mostow was trying to reinvent the wheel when he directed T3. Sorry but that was a huge error on his behalf.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:33 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

You can't re-invent genius.

I'll leave that there Mr Mostow.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:46 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

lol Mostow

what is his first name anyway? I'm too lazy to find out myself stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 01:52 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Isn't it Jonathan?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:46 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Yeah Jonathan Mostow, thats the name we will forever remember as the one who killed the Terminator.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:32 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

I'm gonna try my very hardest to forget that name "Jonathan Mostow" and the fact that a Terminator 3 movie even exists haha

Unfortunately, I don't blame Mr. Mostow completely tho... Kinda hard to fill Cameron's shoes, after what wonders he did with T1 and T2.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 05:22 AM
chriscaffee

I wouldn't blame the whole movie on the director either. Some of the blame should fall on the screenplay writer, since the story itself was just plain weak. The best director in the world can't make a bad story good, there is not no way around it. Not saying Mostow is the best, because I've never seen any of his other movies.

I will say this though, the camera work in T3 is not nearly as good as in T1 and T2. The clever use of slow motion and sound effects in the first two make it much more dramatic. When Sarah meets the Terminator for the first time in T2, it is much more interesting then when John does in T3.

IMO T3 did nothing as a whole for the universe. There was always the implication that Judgment Day was not prevented in T2 with all the comics and novels that suggest otherwise. T3 was made to be just a fun action flick to cash in on the liscense. Not that it makes it bad, it just isn't on the same level as the first two.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:13 PM
barand1

I think Mostow should go back and shoot some more scenes, which us fans want and what the film needs! I think he better do this as he kind of owes us them. He said that he was a fan of the first two movies, but I wonder if his a fan of T3? I don't mind T3, it has some great moments but we need more and as many of the Terminator fans are unhappy with T3 I think Mostow should go and fix the problem. Well that's what I would do if I was him!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 08:34 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah Mostow should make another release with added scenes I feel.

To his defense, here are some more movie franchise botches which make Mostow indeed look like a genius:

Tim Burton's remake of Planet of the Apes
The two predecessors to the original Batman series
Mortal Kombat Annhilation, was an annhilation in itself
Robocop 3, an absolute load of tosh
Aliens vs Predeator, two perfectly good franchises rolled into a ball of crap

Upon proper reflection... T3 aint so bad after all !

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 10:43 AM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

AVP wasn't too bad IMO. But MK Annihilation I have to agree, was crap and wrong... The ending Animalities just sucked.... Oooooh, Liu Kang's a dragon.... S.C.A.R.Y.!!!! Whatever.... lol

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 11:24 PM
chriscaffee

AvP did nothing as a movie and made little sense. That said, I think it's safe to say that we have all been waiting to see an Alien and Predator enter into a death match. The only disappointing part is the Predator with the cool skull helmet dies and the other Predator is the one that makes it throughout the whole movie.

Honestly Predator should have ended with the first one. The second one had some good action scenes, but it was essentially a less dramatic rehash of the first with a weaker cast. Six commandos or a couple of cops? I'll take the commandos any day. And they only mentioned the first film just off-hand. It would have been cool if Arnie made a cameo in Predator 2 or AvP, but apparently not. Oh well.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 01:55 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

It should have stopped at one, I agree. But lets face it, hollywood just gets too tempted.. too money hungry !

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:18 AM
Konjammenson

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Yeah Mostow should make another release with added scenes I feel.

To his defense, here are some more movie franchise botches which make Mostow indeed look like a genius:

Tim Burton's remake of Planet of the Apes
The two predecessors to the original Batman series
Mortal Kombat Annhilation, was an annhilation in itself
Robocop 3, an absolute load of tosh
Aliens vs Predeator, two perfectly good franchises rolled into a ball of crap

Upon proper reflection... T3 aint so bad after all !

T3 would have to be his best work when looking at that list. Good thing the marketing team for T3 didn't mention "From the director of MK: Annihilation!" No one would have gone and seen it. NOBODY.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:10 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

lol, Mostow didn't direct MK: Annihilation had he directed it T3 would have been a million times worse than it was.

Here is Mostow's filmography as director from IMDB:

Real Steel (2006) (announced)
Terminator 4 (2006) (announced)
Tonight, He Comes (2006) (announced)
Untitled Jonathan Mostow Seconds Remake (2005) (announced)
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
U-571 (2000)
"From the Earth to the Moon" (1998) (mini) TV Series (part twelve)
Breakdown (1997)
Flight of Black Angel (1991) (TV)
Beverly Hills Bodysnatchers (1989)
Fright Show (1985) (as Jon Mostow) (segment "Dr. Dobermind")

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:51 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

He sure doesn't have a lot of experience. Who trusted him with the Terminator franchise? I would be blaming that guy.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:36 AM