KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » every psionic ability??

every psionic ability??
Started by: stormfront13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stormfront13

Smile every psionic ability??

can someone please identify a lot of psionic powers for me?? or have a link that describes a lot. coulkd anyone say the name of it and then say what it does?? i would greatley appreciate it smile

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 07:44 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

From my application at an RPG for Emma Frost. In the app. I had to list the mutant's powers. Here's what I put:

The White Queen can channel ambient psionic energy, allowing her to levitate and create mind bolts, which are powerful enough to put a regular human into a coma. Her powers also allow her to touch the bliss buttons of a victim, create highly realistic illusions, release her astral form, greatly influence the thoughts of victims, read minds or scan memories, hide herself from being detected telepathically, sedate a victim for as long as she is in the immediate area, and possess a victim who has no telepathic shields or abilities.

As of late, she can also relocate such things as physical pain, happiness, or depression from her or another mind into that of her victim’s.

Those are a telepath's ability, I'd say. I take pride in my work...can't help but show off. Though I did paraphrase...;_;

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 08:13 PM
munkiesarus is currently offline Click here to Send munkiesarus a Private Message Find more posts by munkiesarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

since when can Emma levitate?

at least she cant in the comics.

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 08:13 PM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

Well, maybe that bit was my input on it...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 08:16 PM
munkiesarus is currently offline Click here to Send munkiesarus a Private Message Find more posts by munkiesarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

I dunno, I thought levitating was a result of TK, not TP.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 08:20 PM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Psionic powers can be pretty much anything. They can be energy control, like torch or iceman or affect the environment, like storm, or even enhance a character physically, like Gladiator.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 08:27 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well i mean like mind powers, like hydrokinesis, or electrokinesis, are there others like that? I don't really know what i'm trying to ask really, just a list of psionic powers i think

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 08:55 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix_Avatar9
Spark of Creation

telepathy-u know mind reading, mental bolts psychic influence, perception alteration, astral projection etc.

telekinesis-the ability to move matter with ur mind

precognition-the ability to see into the future

clairvoyance-the ability to see an event happening simultaneously in a different location

clairaudience-the ability to hear sound only audible to the mind

psychometry-the ability to manipulate the mental imprint of another person by taking it from an object they own. this allows you to feel any emotions that person had when previously in contact with the item, allowing you to influence their mind from a distance after the initial contact.

thats all i can think of off the top of my head, hope it helps

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 11:09 PM
Phoenix_Avatar9 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix_Avatar9 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix_Avatar9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
well i mean like mind powers, like hydrokinesis, or electrokinesis, are there others like that? I don't really know what i'm trying to ask really, just a list of psionic powers i think

Still. You can make anything up. If you want to control spiders you can have arachnokinesis. If you want to control plants, you can have faunakinesis. If you want to control stereos, you can have sterekinesis.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 11:20 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

Does firing concussive blasts count as psionics ??

PSYCHO !!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 05:53 AM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

telepathy which can be used to enter the neurones in the brain and have someone completily under your control
telekinesis
and pryokeniese which I believe lets you into the astral plane

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 10:53 AM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Does firing concussive blasts count as psionics ??

no...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 01:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

well many powers are mind activated- like wolverines claws. He activates it with a mental command, much like you move your arm....

But thats not a psionic power... I like Phoenix_Avatars list.

Stuff like Pyro's power- pyrokinesis or whatnot- seems more to me like wolverine mentally activating his claws.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 02:12 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

I thought psionic was like mental energy...or brain juice as I like to call it.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 02:13 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Going-Rouge

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Still. You can make anything up. If you want to control spiders you can have arachnokinesis. If you want to control plants, you can have faunakinesis. If you want to control stereos, you can have sterekinesis.

Exactly, all you have to do is kow the latin trem for something, and stick it in front of kinesis, but the most plosibel, sometimes sound wrong, like a siren, (not marvel siren but roman siren) has iskinesis, whitch means, they can control guys, and to comtrol girls, umkinesis

Pyrokinesis
hydrokinesis
ETC.....

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 02:20 PM
Going-Rouge is currently offline Click here to Send Going-Rouge a Private Message Find more posts by Going-Rouge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix_Avatar9
Spark of Creation

all powers are activated by the mind but "psionic" is referring to completely mental control, wolvie's claws re/extracting are activated by his mind yes, but its a physical thing. Storm psionically controls the weather but she is an elemental not a psion. She affects her enironments through her lightning and weather. All powers are activated by the mind, (even subconscious, maybe reflex too) but they do not all fall under the category of mental abilities.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 03:52 PM
Phoenix_Avatar9 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix_Avatar9 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix_Avatar9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well i just want every mental ability

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 05:40 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Gladiator's powers a sort of psychokinesis, he can enhance his physical abilities to incalculable leveles just manipulating them with psy power.

Human Torch powers are psionics too, I think, he can manipulate fire and absorb it, but his basic powers comes from being irradiated with cosmic energy.

Exodus showed to possess various psionic abilities:
Psychokinesis
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Teleportation
Psionic Bolts
Life Force Drain

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 08:04 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote