KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hand To Hand Powerhouse Tournament 2! Caged Combat!

Hand To Hand Powerhouse Tournament 2! Caged Combat!
Started by: Sentry

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Hand To Hand Powerhouse Tournament 2! Caged Combat!

Spectre and LT decide to see who's universe has the strongest champions. They summon 16 powerhouses, 8 from each universe to battle each other tournament style in a 25x25 Adamantium Cage. No Speed Blitzing, No Telepathy, No other powers except Strength, Durability, Stamina, Agility, Martial Knowledge/Fighting Skill. No Weapons. The winner of each will battle move on and battle other winners until one is left standing.

1. Wonder Woman VS. She-Hulk

2. Powergirl VS. Wonder Man

3. Gladiator VS. Shazam

4. Classic Juggernaut VS. Solomon Grundy(Superman level strength)

5. Abomination VS. Aquaman

6. Colossus VS. Supergirl(current)

7. Namor VS. Black Adam

8. Sentry VS. Orion

9. Hercules VS. Big Barda

10. Martian Manhunter VS. The Thing

11. Atlas VS. Atom Smasher(Nuklon)

12. Thor VS. Eradicator

13. Preus VS. Hyperion(Supreme Power)

14. General Zod VS. The Forgotten One Gilgamesh

15. Superman VS. Savage Hulk

16. Doomsday VS. Beta Ray Bill

A win is by KO, submission, or death of your opponent. If battle goes on for a week, a neutral party will determine the winner. LT and Spectre have selected The Authority from the Wildstorm Universe, and Young Blood from Image Universe to watch the fights via closed circuit TV, and they will determine the winner. Judging criteria is similar to that of professional mix martial arts fighting. Who attempted the most submissions, Who got more clean shots in, who kept the fight going not stalling and buying time, etc...

Who takes it?

Debate.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 08:27 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The Authority watching via closed circuit tv...classic stuff. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 08:31 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Don't know enough about everyone to say for sure on every battle, but here's the list of people I think have a shot at winning it...

Sentry, Classic Juggs, Gladiator, Doomsday, Superman. I would say Thor, but the thread rules say no weapons...I'm assuming that includes Mjolnir. That would handicap Thor a bunch. There's a few I don't know much about (Hyperion, Forgotten One, etc.) so there may be one or two others capable of winning.

If Sentry's anywhere near as powerful as he's supposed to be, he wins. Otherwise it'd be a toss-up between those people above.

-DM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 08:36 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Go here for some info on those DC characters:

http://www.thekryptonian.com/comics.php

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 08:40 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Wonder Woman will win. She has more experience, strenght, style and skill with her.

Wonder Man is probably stronger, but Powergirl is more fierce. I think that Power Girl has more style, so she will win.

3. Gladiator VS. Shazam

Gladiator is stronger, as experienced, and more skilled. He is the leader of Shi'ar army, I think that he knows a lot about hand-to-hand combat.

Grundy is stronger, but Juggernaut is more intelligent (believe it) and will win in the skill department.

Aquaman is more skilled, stronger and more experienced. Aquaman will win.

Colossus has it in the skill and experience department, even if Supergirl is stronger. Colossus will win.

7. Namor VS. Black Adam

Black Adam is stronger, more experienced and more skilled. Adam wins.

8. Sentry VS. Orion

Haven't seen lot of fighters that are more fiercer then Orion is. Orion is psychically stronger, has better hand-to-hand combat skills and more experience in fighting. Orion wins.

Hercules wins in strenght, skill and experience department.

I believe that Thing will win in brawling contest.

Don't really know much about them, so I say that Atlas will win.

12. Thor VS. Eradicator

Thor will win.

Don't know much of them. I say that Hyperion will win.

Zod will prevail.

Superman will win.

Beta Ray Bill will win.

I think that it comes to Thor, Superman, Zod, Black Adam, BRB, Juggs, Orion and Wonder Woman.

And I think that Beta Ray Bill, Orion or Zod will win.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 08:42 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black wolverine
Restricted

Account Restricted

to many people

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 08:48 PM
black wolverine is currently offline Click here to Send black wolverine a Private Message Find more posts by black wolverine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Re: Hand To Hand Powerhouse Tournament 2! Caged Combat!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sentry
Spectre and LT decide to see who's universe has the strongest champions. They summon 16 powerhouses, 8 from each universe to battle each other tournament style in a 25x25 Adamantium Cage. No Speed Blitzing, No Telepathy, No other powers except Strength, Durability, Stamina, Agility, Martial Knowledge/Fighting Skill. No Weapons. The winner of each will battle move on and battle other winners until one is left standing.

3. Gladiator VS. Shazam

7. Namor VS. Black Adam

8. Sentry VS. Orion

12. Thor VS. Eradicator

A win is by KO, submission, or death of your opponent. If battle goes on for a week, a neutral party will determine the winner. LT and Spectre have selected The Authority from the Wildstorm Universe, and Young Blood from Image Universe to watch the fights via closed circuit TV, and they will determine the winner. Judging criteria is similar to that of professional mix martial arts fighting. Who attempted the most submissions, Who got more clean shots in, who kept the fight going not stalling and buying time, etc...

Who takes it?

Debate.

1. WW. She-Hulk will never be anywhere near Diana's skill nor strength.
2. Power Girl. She's stronger and has much more experience. Doesn't hurt that she trains with Black Canary.
3. Gladiator. Shazam isn't as strong. And a rather poor fighter.
4. Juggernaut. Solomon Grundy has much faster reactions than Juggs but he can't really harm Juggernaut. Unless his "chaos magic" can somehow disrupt the forcefield...
5. Aquaman. Much more agilitive. Stronger. And a far better fighter.
6. Supergirl. Colossus isn't anywhere near Supergirl's strength or durability. So despite the fact that Colossus is WAY more experienced and a better fighter, Supergirl would still own him.
7. Black Adam. More experience. MUCH stronger. Etc.
8. I cannot judge. The Sentry's current strength level has not yet been specified.
9. Big Barda. A very tough fight. BB is stronger but Hercules has the advantage in experience. However Big Barda is much faster and more agilitive. Not to mention her fighting styles are unlike Hercules has encountered.
10. Martian Manhunter. The Thing is a better fighter....however his strength pales before MM. Not to mention MM can basically shapeshift his body into anything he desires.
11. Atom Smasher. Way more experience. Stronger. etc. Trained by Wildcat and Batman.
12. Thor. Eradicator MAY be stronger but Thor's fighting skills would put him over the top.
13. I cannot judge. I know Preus, but his history is extremely vague.
14. Gilgamesh. Zod is stronger and more durable. But Gilgamesh is a FAR better fighter.
15. This is a toughie. When it comes to strength, Superman ALWAYS holds back. Even in the most dire of circumstances. It's close. My vote goes to Savage Hulk. Superman is stronger initially but Savage Hulk can eventurally reach his strength level. Unfortunately Superman does not have his other abilities to help him so...
16. Doomsday. Bill is a far better fighter but without his hammer, he's not much. DD is expert when it comes solely to strength and durability.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 11:21 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Gilgamesh was one of the most impressive characters back in the 80's...if he were still alive and kept on developing like everyone else he would be one of the biggest bad asses today.

Thing vs MM? Not cool! Why pit two of the most interesting fighters against each other in the first round. Yes MM is in the ambiguous "Almost as strong as Superman" category. Nonetheless a < 50 class Thing beat the destroyer. He also gave Champion a better fight than nearly anyone else, shattering one of his ribs. MM is really too versatile to be in a H2H tournament.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 12:26 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote