KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » If You Could Get Rid of Any Comic-Book Character For A Year.....

If You Could Get Rid of Any Comic-Book Character For A Year.....
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

If You Could Get Rid of Any Comic-Book Character For A Year.....

Who Would it Be. And by "get rid of" I don't necessarily mean kill or die. I mean the character will disappear from the pages of comics. (ex. Thunderbird III) He or she will not even be mentioned.

My picks?

Wolverine: Can anyone say overexposure? Good Lord. A year without him would be a blessing.

Superman: Same as Wolverine.

Batman: I like Bats.....but sticking his ****ing head in every event is getting rather tepid

Jubilee: Need I say why?

Gambit: Annoying as hell. I despise him.

Spider-Man: Nearly as overexposed as Wolverine. A half a dozen titles aren't good enough for him. He needs to be involved in every Marvel event.

Anyone else?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:24 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

all the telepaths..... and magic users...... let's get down to some good physical battles now

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:34 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

i would like to see darkseid literally just dissapear from the face of apocalips.....there would be this whole unsettled feeling like: whatever took care of darksied for good is out there..what was it? or did darksied leave on his own? is he planning something REALLLLLY big? it would be nice for some suspense...

i would also like to see spiderman gone for a year...not because I dislike him...I just think it would make a great point for why he needs to be around...like have the entirety of manhatten fall into this dark gang war, or supervillains overrun the city eventually....... it would be a great story to project what it is that makes spiderman the heart of marvel....and what marvel is without him...then I'd have him come back and deliver some serious ass handings....

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:43 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
i would also like to see spiderman gone for a year...not because I dislike him...I just think it would make a great point for why he needs to be around...like have the entirety of manhatten fall into this dark gang war, or supervillains overrun the city eventually....... it would be a great story to project what it is that makes spiderman the heart of marvel....and what marvel is without him...then I'd have him come back and deliver some serious ass handings....

could make a good story either way.... have some random guy or event timeslip him a year (or ten) into the future to see what would happen without him dealing with the nutjobs, psychos and regular street scum that the Avengers, X-Men and FF never bother with

it would probably end up with him being sent back to the time he left... or maybe a month or so after... when things are just starting to get bad which would give him some material for about a years worth of issues

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 02:20 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

i would like cyclops, wolverine, iceman, or spidey to leave

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 04:25 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Emma Frost

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 06:59 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scoob hit it on the money....no telepathy or magic spells.

And no friggin lightspeeding(cept flash)!!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:53 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

why emma?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 02:25 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Magic and the speed force annoy me too. No rational sense...yet they're there. Flash should be more like Quicksilver...that would make more sense. I can deal with telepathy though.

1. Wolverine
2. Storm
3. Pheonix...and all the bloody avatars.
4. Wonder Woman
5. Quick Freeze

...just trying to annoy as many people as possible... cool

-DM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 04:57 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well you definitley got my attention, why storm? she is one opf the more important x-men

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 05:14 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

No real reason...like I said, mainly just trying to raise a few eyebrows (especially with WW and QF, who I have no problem with).

Honestly, I don't mind Storm but I've always had a bit of trouble with her power. Every other 'mutant' ability seems to be within the person (Cykes eye beams, Xavier's telepathy, etc.) and so I can justify it in my mind and suspend my disbelief. But Storm? Storm controls the weather and can summon winds, water, lightning, etc. It doesn't seem like an internalized mutant ability...it seems like witchcraft to me. I can justify nearly any other mutant, but it doesn't seem like rearranging some chromosomes in the body would produce someone who can summon a tidal wave. Given the number of comics I read and the fantastic abilities a lot of them have, this is a minor quibble...but a quibble nonetheless.

Sorry to knock your girl...like I said, I like the character of Storm, just not the ability so much.

-DM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 05:23 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well her ability was intented to seem like witch craft because storm comes from a long line of very powerful african preistessess. she is the only women in her family to not use magic

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 06:52 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spawn as he provides Mcfarlane the wages of sinbig grin

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 07:08 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

i say Spiderman should die. I hate him.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 08:03 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Thing

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 08:07 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Originally posted by DigiMark007
No real reason...like I said, mainly just trying to raise a few eyebrows (especially with WW and QF, who I have no problem with).

Honestly, I don't mind Storm but I've always had a bit of trouble with her power. Every other 'mutant' ability seems to be within the person (Cykes eye beams, Xavier's telepathy, etc.) and so I can justify it in my mind and suspend my disbelief. But Storm? Storm controls the weather and can summon winds, water, lightning, etc. It doesn't seem like an internalized mutant ability...it seems like witchcraft to me. I can justify nearly any other mutant, but it doesn't seem like rearranging some chromosomes in the body would produce someone who can summon a tidal wave. Given the number of comics I read and the fantastic abilities a lot of them have, this is a minor quibble...but a quibble nonetheless.

Sorry to knock your girl...like I said, I like the character of Storm, just not the ability so much.

-DM

Well, plenty of people have powers like Storm. Magma controls magma and tectonic activity, Wind Dancer is like Storm minus the water-based and lightning effects, Rictor, Avalanche, etc.

Personally I think the most unexplainable are people like Abyss, whose body is a pocket dimension, or Xorn, with the star for the brain.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:15 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Originally posted by stormfront13
why emma?

shes in too many books and is starting to annoy me. big grin

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:15 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

#1phoenix
#2storm
#3thing
#4spider-man
#5wonder woman
#6superman
#7wolverine

They all suck, and I wish they'd die.... evil face

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:09 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Originally posted by long pig
#1phoenix
#2storm
#3thing
#4spider-man
#5wonder woman
#6superman
#7wolverine

They all suck, and I wish they'd die.... evil face

laughing at least youre an equal opportunity hater.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 08:59 AM
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Wolvie's an obvious choice, Pheonix is another good one, but I'd like to see Blade and Hellboy gone.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 11:02 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote