KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » "Either Must Die in the Hands of the Other". The Lost Prophecy

predictions, what WILL happen?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
both voldermort and harry will die 27 50.94%
harry dies 3 5.66%
voldermort dies 16 30.19%
some other important character dies 7 13.21%
Total: 53 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

"Either Must Die in the Hands of the Other". The Lost Prophecy
Started by: IBTonks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (59): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
IBTonks

"Either Must Die in the Hands of the Other". The Lost Prophecy

'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Loard approaches ... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not ... and either must die at the hands of the other for neither can live while the other survives ... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies ...'

What do you guys think about this? How do you think it will all end.....Is it really Harry Potter's prophecy..... or Neville Longbottoms?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 05:55 PM
IBTonks is currently offline Click here to Send IBTonks a Private Message Find more posts by IBTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlitegrl
lilangel

I was thinkin bout that and if it is really neville's prophecy why would the book be called HARRY POTTER??????????so it has to be harry's prophey.............but then again y did they mention neville in the book........u know what.........thats confusin

GO LANCERS!!!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 10:43 PM
starlitegrl is currently offline Click here to Send starlitegrl a Private Message Find more posts by starlitegrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

i was thinkin about that too, and i mean it's only senseable to have evil fall at the end of the book right? well, harry has to die if voldermort dies right? so harry dies. My sister won't belive me on this one

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 11:40 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daddy'sgurl

No, I don't think Harry will die if Voldermort does, unless Harry dies killing him. But it could be Neville, but then Voldermort did find Harry more of a threat than Neville.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 11:54 PM
daddy'sgurl is currently offline Click here to Send daddy'sgurl a Private Message Find more posts by daddy'sgurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

it has o be harry b/c voldy marked him as his equal...thus his scar

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 08:26 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ada

hi guys! im new here! i thought that basically harry has to kill voldemort b4 voldemort kills him?! i agree with starlitegrl, this IS confusin!!!!!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 12:40 PM
ada is currently offline Click here to Send ada a Private Message Find more posts by ada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

well, i mean it's obvious voldermorts gonna die, good always triumphs over evil. so in order to kill voldermort, harry dies to

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 01:11 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ada

well that makes perfect sense. i heard that the 7th book ends with," wats happened to ur scar" if thats true then surley harrys still alive?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 04:36 PM
ada is currently offline Click here to Send ada a Private Message Find more posts by ada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elondra
Punk Princess

Well if harry dies, the 7th book might be pretty exciting and interesting but if he kills Voldemort it will be boring.harry always escapes from Voldemort but Voldemort is really experienced.How can harry get away easily?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 04:39 PM
Elondra is currently offline Click here to Send Elondra a Private Message Find more posts by Elondra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ada

well it says in the prophecy that harry has powers, "The dark lord knows not." voldemort is experienced, but maybe harry is more powerful than him x

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 04:44 PM
Naz
Super Senior Member

harry may be more powerful than him, but not spellwise, more like commonsence smartness, um... mindreading, stuff like that

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 04:58 PM
IBTonks

i have mentioned this in other threads, but i think that harry will have to sacrifice himself in order to defeat voldemort..., i mean think about it.....voldemort transferred some of his power to harry on the night he tried to kill him....so maybe not only his power was transferred but also some of his strength, hence the reason when the curse rebounded, instead of killing voldemort ( which it shud have done considerin it was the avada kedavra!) it just reduced him to 'almost dead' which suggests that as some of his strength lies in harry, he will never die, unless harry dies...do you get me?

"I know that your hiding things, Using gentle words to shelter me, Your words were like a dream, But dreams could never fool me. Not that easily"

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 06:29 PM
IBTonks is currently offline Click here to Send IBTonks a Private Message Find more posts by IBTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elondra
Punk Princess

yeah

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 07:21 PM
Elondra is currently offline Click here to Send Elondra a Private Message Find more posts by Elondra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBTonks

lol! do u think that cud be it, or just another "good idea, but it'll never happen!"

"I know that your hiding things, Using gentle words to shelter me, Your words were like a dream, But dreams could never fool me. Not that easily"

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 08:32 PM
LilyGinnyBlack
Harry and Ginny Forever

I don't think Harry will die... I don't think that Harry will face Voldemort alone either! I think that Harry AND Neville will face Voldemort and win! big grin I also think that Neville will be better in his school work and spellcasting now that he has more confidence from the DA meetings in OotP and Harry's words and also because now he will have his own wand and not his fathers! big grin

You don't hear me say...

Please, oh baby, don't go...

Simple and clean is the way that your making me feel, tonight...

It's hard to let it go...

Simple and Clean, Kingdom Hearts theme song big grin

LilyGinnyBlack

http://hgnetwork.co.uk/fate
Harry/Ginny Network
Harry/Ginny fan... Forever! love

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 08:45 PM
LilyGinnyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send LilyGinnyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by LilyGinnyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBTonks

I still have no faith whatsoever in Neville! i mean come on!!! he be a bit pathetic, wud b very supprised if it were to turn out that it is nevilles prophecy, after all, that's what everyone is thinking, so it's just to obvious, i don't think that JK will make any more of it.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 09:34 PM
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

call me crazy, but i have this brilliant theory that yes it was harry voldemort "marked as his equal," but in the end when they're fighting Neville busts in and takes an avada kedavra for harry or something so neville dies as well as voldemort but harry lives....oh that would be frickin sadddd!!!! :,( im daydreaming again lol

it is n o t our dreams that show .[what].[we].[trully].[are]. ...it is, our c h o i c e s

S L Y T H E R I N B A R O N N E S S

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:57 PM
LadySlytherin is currently offline Click here to Send LadySlytherin a Private Message Find more posts by LadySlytherin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tonks

um you know when Dumbledore told Voldemort that there is something worse then Death? Well I really do belive that, That is what harry is going to do to Voldemort. Some how.
Mean that would be funny if Harry nocked Voldemort inside the veil. Then Harry's Mom Dad and Sirius. Took him on. Well I dont think that would happen but that would be cool if it did!

Yah but I think that harry is going to do something really bad to Voldemort. But Harry still has to kill Bellatrix first and that is going to take place in the 6th book!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 02:26 AM
Tonks is currently offline Click here to Send Tonks a Private Message Find more posts by Tonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBTonks

the thing that is worse than death, is being 'half dead'...sorta, and being trapped in that world 4eva as u can't die...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 09:55 PM
starlitegrl
lilangel

omg.....i just thot of a good ending 4 HP........I think harry is gonna kill V. (i don't know how)..and then his scar is gonna dissapear......the next day when he wakes up someone is gonna be like......."Harry u still have your scar"................lol........that would be a great ending......cuz that means that V. was still alive.......and alos JKR said the last word was "scar" not "harry what happened to your scar."
Isn't that the best ending..........lol......jk......... angel bunny

GO LANCERS!!!

Last edited by starlitegrl on Oct 10th, 2003 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 10:05 PM
starlitegrl is currently offline Click here to Send starlitegrl a Private Message Find more posts by starlitegrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote