KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournamen: Phase 2 [Round 2] Khellendros vs Digimark

Evangel's Amalgam Tournamen: Phase 2 [Round 2] Khellendros vs Digimark
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

Evangel's Amalgam Tournamen: Phase 2 [Round 2] Khellendros vs Digimark

The battlefield:

Reverse Dimension
http://www.marveldirectory.com/othe...sedimension.htm

The participants:

quote:

DigiMark007

General Kinky!
General Zod - powers/outer armor
Apollo - body/powers
Loki - mind/powers

ZOD
http://spider-bob.com/villains/dc/GeneralZod.htm

Loki
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/l/loki.htm

Apollo...from The Authority
http://members.tripod.com/rikmertens/image/apollo.html

vs

Khellendros

Mr. Blackstrom:

Mr. Majestic: Mind/Body/abilities/powers
Maelstrom: powers/Kinetic draining
Black Bolt: powers/scream

Mr Majestic
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/majestic.htm

Blackbolt
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/terr.../BlackBolt.html

Maelstrom
http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...m/maelstrom.htm

Digimark007 Write-Up

quote:

Welcome to Round 2 of my magnificent bid to take over KMC. Let’s get started, shall we?

First off, let’s give credit where it’s due. Khell’s done a good job with his amalgam, but in nearly every area I have him trumped. The lone wild card for him is Maelstrom, but we’ll get to that in a moment.

For those of you who may have missed the first round, Apollo, 1/3 of my amalgam, is a Superman-type who gets exponentially more power as he is exposed to sunlight. Zod’s armor emits red-sun radiation. Thus, it’s a walking battery for Apollo….and he can heal crazy-fast, and is light-years stronger, faster, etc. than he would be normally. Majestic is a beast, and normally he’d beat Apollo. But while in Zod’s suit, even Majestic’s no match for the Sun King. Apollo has lifted skyscrapers with ease when properly charged…and if we’re retaining the stuff from our first matches, then that just means I’ve been charging in my suit for even longer. By this point Apollo could be benching mountains, and possibly even more. Physically I’m well ahead of Khell’s guy.

I’m not entirely familiar with Majestic’s immunities, but I would assume he’s decent at resisting telepaths. But I’d still be able to mess with him somewhat. Loki’s all magic, and his magical telepathy doesn’t work the same as normal telepathy. This could easily be used against Mr. Blackstrom. Loki doesn’t shut minds down, but specializes in influencing them…something I can easily use to slow him the hell down. He’ll be slowed down and disoriented as soon as this kicks in, which will be as soon as the fight starts.

Prep time…sun-bathing in the suit and putting up Loki’s magical/telepathic shields. The shields have successfully fended off blows from Mjolnir, so getting through those at all will be hard. Loki also likes the ‘distractor dragons’ from his first fight so he creates about a dozen of them. After he makes them he doesn’t have to concentrate to keep them alive so they’ll just be an asset. They’re magic too, so without overt magical help, Blackstrom will have trouble taking them out. And with me occupying and whupping the hell out of him anyway, the dragons will just be extra ass-whompage.

So Blackstrom is slowed down, disoriented, and has me and a bunch of dragons coming at him…and we haven’t even started fighting.

Loki can phase, teleport, and I also have Apollo wrapped in Kryptonian armor for a body, so catching me and doing any sort of damage will be crazy-tough. Loki can also fire powerful magical bolts…something that Majestic isn’t used to handling. And as previously stated, I have him beat in sheer physical prowess.

Khell is going to make a big deal out of his whispering and screams from the Black Bolt part of his amalgam. Fortunately, I have that covered. If anyone has seen Zod’s armor, there aren’t ‘ear-holes’ to speak of. His whisper will be greatly diminished by this…assuming he gets close enough to use it at all. Secondly, I’d like to bring up an issue of the Authority. It’s from the Earth Inferno saga (I can site the exact issue number if anyone wants it, but I’m sure Khell’s read it so there’s no chance of me making things up). A former Doctor (an evil one) has taken over the Doctor’s powers and the Authority is fighting him. At one point he puts his hands around Apollo’s head and says “Ever wonder what Nat King Cole sounds like with the force of ten Hiroshimas?” and proceeds to create a bubble around Apollo’s head blasting the music with the force of 10 A-bombs. When this is over, he tosses Apollo to the ground, seemingly dead. But Apollo gets back up. Granted, he’s drained to almost nothing, and needs to teleport with a Carrier door to the surface of the sun to continue the battle…but he isn’t knocked out by it. Now factor in that I have Loki’s shields and Zod’s armor which will both dull the blow, added to the fact that even if it makes me weaker I have my power source directly against me, and you can see that Black Bolt’s screams aren’t going to be doing much to me. And Black Bolt has some powerful screams, but I doubt even they are at the force of ten A-bombs. I have Khell topped physically, and this is really his only other mode of offense, so it’s going to be hella-hard for him to harm me at all.

Maelstrom is an interesting one here, and mainly because I know nothing about him it took me a while to come up with a viable plan against him. But all he controls is kinetic energy. With Loki’s shields up, his draining wouldn’t make it through the shields. And he does nothing to diminish thought and reaction time. Loki’s magic is internally based, so things happen for him with only a thought. Teleporting instantly won’t be a problem, and can easily be accomplished before Majestic gets through Loki’s shields. In this manner it’ll be hard for him to keep track of me. And once I have an opening and begin to attack him, he’ll be too occupied and hurting to concentrate enough to drain my kinetic energy…especially because Majestic is controlling the amalgam and doesn’t have complete mastery of Maelstrom’s powers. And in a straight-up brawl, Mr. Blackstrom is screwed.

Basically all I have to do I teleport and fly around until I get an opening to attack. Then Blackstrom is in trouble. The magical telepathy and dragons are merely insurance…but make my victory even more assured.

There’s my plan. Go me.

-DM

Khellendros will post his own Write Up

Forever Young...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:57 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeee-haw!! big grin

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 09:47 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Alright then! Lets get this show on the road! I'll just go ahead and reply to Digi's writeup after describing prep-time. With the knowledge gained from his last hour still retained, Blackstrom simply practices using his matter manipulation in more extreme ways. This includes eventually producing antimatter and flying like hell to outrun the resulting explosion and perfecting kinetic and electromagnetic containment fields. Now, about your write-up...

You say you have me outmatched, that your guy is lifting mountains. At his BASE strength, Majestic has picked up a prison ship that was almost as large as Mount Kilimanjaro, carried it into space, and flew it at twice the speed of light from Earth to Pluto. Your guy is slowly drawing energy from his sunlamp suit? Cool, my guy can up his strength almost instantly by drawing on electron and kinetic energy. I win in the strength AND speed department.

Majestic has sick resistance to magical type telepathy, as seen in his first series, when he was only briefly taken under the spell of a group of six alien women. When he broke out a short time later, he flew away knowing that kind of attack would never work again. This was proved true in the very latest issue of his newest series. In it, more than half a dozen Daemonites-- more advanced ones from another reality no less-- jumped into his body and tried to possess his mind. They stayed just long enough to give him an interesting tidbit of info, and then he ejected them with ease. Due to his training to fight aliens whose whole existance revolves around the same kind of crap Loki pulls with his telepathy, Blackstrom is going to be shrugging off your attempts to mess with his head with ease.

Telepathic shields are going to be useless when Blackstrom is screwing up the very electrical impulses in your brain. Distractor Dragons are going to be useless, since Blackstrom can fight and move so fast they might as well be standing still. So, Blackstrom is faster than ever, stronger than you can imagine, shrugging off your telepathic attempts and ignoring your slow-ass Dragons and the fight hasn't even begun yet.

Phasing is the only thing going for you, but even then, your body still has a nervous system that carries electrons, and Blackstrom can give you a series of shocks to your nervous system till you decide it would be better to fight like a man instead of going into shock from the pain. Teleporting is nice, but Majestic has shown the ability to sense a person teleporting and start attacking before they fully rematerialize. Even with only a nanosecond's notice, he can be smashing your face in. Kryptonian armor? Yeah, ask Eradicator how well his huge suit of Kryptonian armor stood up to a nice blast of Majestic's laser vision. In addition to the strength increase, Blackstrom is able to up his speed and reaction times, which means your magical bolts will never touch him.

"Fortunately, I have that covered. If anyone has seen Zod’s armor, there aren’t ‘ear-holes’ to speak of. His whisper will be greatly diminished by this…assuming he gets close enough to use it at all. "

See, this is the mistake a lot of people make about Black Bolt's scream. It isn't a sonic attack. The massive amount of sound he generates is just a side effect, the real power behind his voice is the energy produced that destroys almost anything it touches. If you need more proof that it's not sound, then know hat he has used his voice quite often in the void of space, where sound can't travel. Heat vision will wreck your armor, and my scream will wreck the body underneath. Don't doubt the force of his screams, either. They have ruptured barriers the best Skrull-made nukes couldn't breach, they have raised multiple volcanoes on the other side of a planet when he only groaned in pain into it's crust.

Basically, I don't need to use kinetic draining against you. I can just draw it out of the air around me, and objects I come across, anything like that to amp up my power. And besides, when I can screw with your nervous system, slice you up with my laser vision, beat the hell out of you with superior strength and speed and blow you apart with my voice, I don't need Kinetic energy as an offensive asset.

Now that I've replied to your points, I'll make one last point of my own. Majestic has been around the Wildstorm universe for millenia. he has encountered stormwatch before, and is almost guaranteed to have at least a passing knowledge of the source of Apollo's powers. And that includes his weakness. Specifically, electrical strikes to his solar cells. In volume one of the Authority, issue 14, a Thor rip off hits Apollo with a lightning bolt in midair, knocking him out of the sky. When he hits the ground, he is so weak that a Captain America ripoff is able to beat him like a red-headed stepchild, all the while talking about how the lightning strike depleted Apollo's solar charge.

Remember those shocks to the nervous system I was talking about? And being able to carve up Kryptonian armor with ease? Yeah. Your magical shield is going down from one hit from a Majestic who is amped to dozens of times his normal level of strength. Your armor is getting cut to pieces with laser vision. If you teleport, his senses will detect you. If you phase, he will cause you unimaginable pain. Then, once your body is exposed, he is hitting you with all the voltage he can summon. And that is a LOT. He has been stated to be able to draw upon enough electrical energy to power the huge city of Attilan for millenia. In a fight on the moon with a cosmically powered being, in their first blow, he unleashed enough energy to power Attilan for days. Your body's primary source of power is gone. The pain of the shock and the sudden weakness means you aren't going to be concentrating on using your magic. At that point, this fight is over.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:52 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are we seriously taking into fact that you're fighting in a reverse dimention?
So, if you punch, it'll knock you back instead of the person you're punching?
I seriously hope not! eek!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:07 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well, well, well.....this should be a good match, but right now my vote is goin to khell mainly because he can easily exploit your weakness

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:08 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's his weakness? I didn't get that part.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:14 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Nice strategy, Khellendros...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 12:58 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, very very nice.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 01:22 PM
stormfront13

long pig- his weakness is electricity(lightning) it negates all his connections to solar energy severly weakening him

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:36 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
long pig- his weakness is electricity(lightning) it negates all his connections to solar energy severly weakening him

yeah.... i'd planned to use that against him myself..... stick out tongue

Majestic didn't wreck the Eradicator's armour.... he reprogrammed it

i noticed the poor "no earhole" defence to BB's scream and knew straight away you'd jump on it... nice ... big grin

i think i need more info on this reverse dimension before i vote

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 05:06 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Scoobless
yeah.... i'd planned to use that against him myself..... stick out tongue

Majestic didn't wreck the Eradicator's armour.... he reprogrammed it

i noticed the poor "no earhole" defence to BB's scream and knew straight away you'd jump on it... nice ... big grin

i think i need more info on this reverse dimension before i vote

He didn't wreck it because he liked Eradicator. Of all the heroes on DC earth, he respected Eradicator most. In order to reprogram the armor, though, he had to slice it open to get at the circuitry within. As for the reverse dimension thing... I'm kinda ignoring it for now because the description posted didn't really tell me much.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:39 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Wow SF, voting before I even get to counter-punch. That's fine...don't mind fighting with my back to the wall. Nice strategy Khell...now let's dance...

quote:
You say you have me outmatched, that your guy is lifting mountains. At his BASE strength, Majestic has picked up a prison ship that was almost as large as Mount Kilimanjaro, carried it into space, and flew it at twice the speed of light from Earth to Pluto. Your guy is slowly drawing energy from his sunlamp suit? Cool, my guy can up his strength almost instantly by drawing on electron and kinetic energy. I win in the strength AND speed department.

Nice try making it seem liking you win the physical match-up. Apollo is on Wildstorm's strongest team for a reason. And his base strength isn't far from Majestic. With extra time in the suit I won't pretend to know exactly where he is in terms of strength, but you definitely won't have the advantage...at best you're looking at a stalemate, at worst Majestic is outclassed.

quote:
Majestic has sick resistance to magical type telepathy, as seen in his first series, when he was only briefly taken under the spell of a group of six alien women. When he broke out a short time later, he flew away knowing that kind of attack would never work again. This was proved true in the very latest issue of his newest series. In it, more than half a dozen Daemonites-- more advanced ones from another reality no less-- jumped into his body and tried to possess his mind. They stayed just long enough to give him an interesting tidbit of info, and then he ejected them with ease. Due to his training to fight aliens whose whole existance revolves around the same kind of crap Loki pulls with his telepathy, Blackstrom is going to be shrugging off your attempts to mess with his head with ease.

Great...don't really need it. It was just insurance anyway. But it worked on him once, so even though it wouldn't completely mess him up, he'd have to concentrate to make sure I didn't get through his telepathic shields, which will hinder anything else you do.

quote:
Distractor Dragons are going to be useless, since Blackstrom can fight and move so fast they might as well be standing still. So, Blackstrom is faster than ever, stronger than you can imagine, shrugging off your telepathic attempts and ignoring your slow-ass Dragons and the fight hasn't even begun yet.

You'll be dealing with me...you won't have time to think about the dragons. Apollo can fly and move hella-fast too (let's not forget his extensive training...actual combat-skill will be about the same) so you'll have your hands full with just me. And if you do take the time to take out the dragons, thet'll just give me an opening.

I'll stop quoting for a second and just address some of your points...

What makes you think BB's power will ever make it through my magical shields and armor? You go straight to assuming that you'll be messing with my brain-electrons. Let's not forget Loki can control matter within himself. He has demonstrated the ability to shape-shift multiple times. Any intrusion into his actual body will be quickly negated. When I can control the very matter within myself, any outside influence will be easily blocked and/or shrugged off.

Oh and the power from the screams is going through shields and armor too...not to mention that Apollo could withstand it anyway (see my initial write-up for exactly why he would)....the fact that it isn't technically a 'sound' doesn't mean anything.

quote:
Basically, I don't need to use kinetic draining against you. I can just draw it out of the air around me, and objects I come across, anything like that to amp up my power. And besides, when I can screw with your nervous system, slice you up with my laser vision, beat the hell out of you with superior strength and speed and blow you apart with my voice, I don't need Kinetic energy as an offensive asset.

Screw with my nervous system? No (explained earlier)
Heat Vision? Apollo has it too (he once covered the moon with it to defeat a massive group of aliens)
Superior Strength and speed? Hardly
Blow me apart with your voice? Not before I pound you to death and slice you open with magic, and I'll be healing faster too thanks to the suit.

quote:
he has encountered stormwatch before, and is almost guaranteed to have at least a passing knowledge of the source of Apollo's powers. And that includes his weakness. Specifically, electrical strikes to his solar cells. In volume one of the Authority, issue 14, a Thor rip off hits Apollo with a lightning bolt in midair, knocking him out of the sky. When he hits the ground, he is so weak that a Captain America ripoff is able to beat him like a red-headed stepchild, all the while talking about how the lightning strike depleted Apollo's solar charge.

Fun stuff, but how the hell are you going to get lightning inside me like that? The aforementioned electron manipulation has already been shot down, and Loki's shields are presumably air-tight (and have taken blows from Mjolnir). Also, let's not forget that in the issue you cite, A. The Authority is taken by surprise...Apollo isn't charged at all. B. The fight takes place at night. C. I have my power source right against me. Even if you manage to cut me off from my solar supply (which you can't), I've been charging for a long time, and will instantly be rejuvenated because of the suit.

You assume that you will hit me with electrical stuff once you've gotten through the armor...that'll take a long time, and you'd be talking out of your butt if you think I won't be pounding the crap out of you too during that time. You'll never get through the armor...the fight will be over long before that.

To even use his 'trump' card with the electrical stuff, Khell has to beat the crap out me first, which will never happen. I've shot down pretty much every one of his attacks. He'll get some hits in, but so will I...and I'll be healing faster and doing more damage.

-DM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 11:08 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Reverse dimension, eh? So if I kill myself, do I win? A bit confused...I'll try and look into it more before saying anything about the battlesfield affecting the outcome (though presumably we'd both be affected by it, so it probably won't confer an advantage one way or another).

-DM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 11:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

And I'm only vaguely familiar with BB, and even less so with Maelstrom. Thus, the 'no earhole' argument...kinda learning as I go here, but I know enough to know that I have a decent chance at a win, or at the very least making it a helluva fight.

-DM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 11:17 PM
stormfront13

srry digi, buti usually vote as soon as i can so i don't miss the ending, but right now you have a huge chance at changing my vote

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 11:27 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Cool SF. I understand though...the first few matches I was worried a bunch and was usually one of the first to vote.

All I ask is that you keep watching as the battle unfolds...I'll do everything I can to change your mind.

-DM

P.S. I still don't know much about the Reverse Dimension, but the site says it could be associated with Asgard. If it is, Loki will have an excellent chance of knowing what's going on. If any adjustments need to be made, my guy will be the first to make them.

Last edited by Digi on Jun 18th, 2005 at 11:34 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 11:31 PM
stormfront13

ha ha, well i'm sure you'llcome up with sometin

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 11:32 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Ha...Here we go. Here's a site that mentions the Reverse Dimension in passing. It is a reality where the "effect precedes the cause".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...storical_events

Loki should know about the Reverse Dimension. The Avengers have been there, and Marvel's site associates it with Asgard. A few thousand years of dimension hopping and Loki is bound to have been to this place...and he'll know what the hell is going on.

So when I come into the fight with my magical telepathy, the "effect" will precede its cause...and since I will have it up as the fight starts, presumably it will affect Majestic before the fight even begins. He won't even be ready for it, and so he'll hardly be shrugging it off. Loki will get his bearings quickly and begin to 'use' the world. Majestic won't even know what's going on, and he'll be getting physically hurt before I even throw the first punch. By the time he figures this out, I'll have a decided edge, and will have been using him as a punching bag for a while.

And any of Khell's attacks are discussed in my earlier counter-strategy to Khell's write-up...so I really like my chances, especially with this new development.

-DM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 11:46 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Nice try making it seem liking you win the physical match-up. Apollo is on Wildstorm's strongest team for a reason. And his base strength isn't far from Majestic. With extra time in the suit I won't pretend to know exactly where he is in terms of strength, but you definitely won't have the advantage...at best you're looking at a stalemate, at worst Majestic is outclassed.

Yeah, the most impressive feat you have for Apollo is lifting that big ass statue, that was skyscraper-height. You say he's porbably up to mountain lifting by now, and I say my character at his lowest strength starts out lifting mountain sized things. At worst, Blackstrom can only match you in strength, at best, he's leagues past you in strength.

Great...don't really need it. It was just insurance anyway. But it worked on him once, so even though it wouldn't completely mess him up, he'd have to concentrate to make sure I didn't get through his telepathic shields, which will hinder anything else you do.

Unless you can show me a time when Loki has contorlled a mind that was resisting him and still managed to cast spells or fend off someone coming to knock his head off, he's going to have a tough time forcing Blackstrom to even notice him.

You'll be dealing with me...you won't have time to think about the dragons. Apollo can fly and move hella-fast too (let's not forget his extensive training...actual combat-skill will be about the same) so you'll have your hands full with just me. And if you do take the time to take out the dragons, thet'll just give me an opening.

Yes, I will be dealing with you. Unfortunately, that's not a problem either. apollo has good speed when flying on set courses, but he's never shown Flash-level speed feats like Majestic has. And, Apollo was trained for a few years, maybe a decade to fight. Majestros has spent millenia fighting other super powered beings. Don't even try and compare their fighting skill.

What makes you think BB's power will ever make it through my magical shields and armor? You go straight to assuming that you'll be messing with my brain-electrons. Let's not forget Loki can control matter within himself. He has demonstrated the ability to shape-shift multiple times. Any intrusion into his actual body will be quickly negated. When I can control the very matter within myself, any outside influence will be easily blocked and/or shrugged off.

What makes you think his power CAN'T reach through your magical shields? And your armor is just physical protection, and doesn't count as your body, which means Blackstrom can blast his way through your shields and disintegrate your armor. Loki can control his own matter, not energy. No matter what form he takes, if it's living it will ahve a nervous system to attack. If I was tyring to manpulate the amtter that makes up his body, he wouldn't have to shrug it off, because it would be agaisnt the rules. All I'm doing is messing with the electrical impulses in his nervous system, which he cannot shrug off.

Oh and the power from the screams is going through shields and armor too...not to mention that Apollo could withstand it anyway (see my initial write-up for exactly why he would)....the fact that it isn't technically a 'sound' doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, well, BB's scream > Skrull-made nuke > "ten hiroshimas". You may survive it, but just like the Hulk and Gladiator you will get KNOCKED the F*** out.

Screw with my nervous system? No (explained earlier)
Heat Vision? Apollo has it too (he once covered the moon with it to defeat a massive group of aliens)
Superior Strength and speed? Hardly
Blow me apart with your voice? Not before I pound you to death and slice you open with magic, and I'll be healing faster too thanks to the suit.

Screw with your nervous system? Yes. Control the electrons traveling through your brain. Heat vision? Apollo may have somethind similar, but mine has been shown to slice through Kryptonian armor in seconds. Superior strength and speed? Totally. I lift mountains and move planets before upping my strength, I fly at multiples of light and react at a nanosecond's notice. You can't pound me to death if you can't hit me, same with your magic. And the suit won't be healing you when I've demolished it.

Fun stuff, but how the hell are you going to get lightning inside me like that? The aforementioned electron manipulation has already been shot down, and Loki's shields are presumably air-tight (and have taken blows from Mjolnir).

Presumably air tight means nothing, and I'm sorry, but my guy is a WEE bit stronger than Thor is.

Also, let's not forget that in the issue you cite, A. The Authority is taken by surprise...Apollo isn't charged at all. B. The fight takes place at night. C. I have my power source right against me. Even if you manage to cut me off from my solar supply (which you can't), I've been charging for a long time, and will instantly be rejuvenated because of the suit.

A: Taken by surprise?? The only reason they came down to the planet was because the Doctor called them in for help. He even todl the bad guys that he told his friends exactly how to take them down, which means he must have given them some idea of their powers. If Apollo wasn't charged he wouldn't have been flying at all. He had a charge, and it was taken out by a lightning strike.

B: Doesn't matter, is there even a sun in this place we're fighting? I doubt it.

C: What power source? That crappy armor I've just sliced to pieces with my heat vision? Yeah, wouldn't count on that. Doesn't matter how big of a charge you have, once I keep you from renewing yoru charge I can just keep hitting you until you pass out.

You assume that you will hit me with electrical stuff once you've gotten through the armor...that'll take a long time, and you'd be talking out of your butt if you think I won't be pounding the crap out of you too during that time. You'll never get through the armor...the fight will be over long before that.

No, I know I'll hit you with electron blasts once I get through your armor, and it won't take time. Majestic kicked Eradicator free, and gouged a long line into his armor with one short blast of laser vision. You're welcome to try pounding the crap out of me, but I'm the better fight and stronger, so I wouldn't place too much faith in landing a hit. Plus, did I mention that my force field is still up? Yeah.

To even use his 'trump' card with the electrical stuff, Khell has to beat the crap out me first, which will never happen. I've shot down pretty much every one of his attacks. He'll get some hits in, but so will I...and I'll be healing faster and doing more damage.

Actually, no, I don't ahve to beat the crap out of you, I just have to cut open or disintegrate your armor, which will only take seconds. You've tried shooting down my attacks, but have failed. And the healing only lasts as long as that silly Kryptonian armor can stand up to my heat vision. So, enjoy your whole second of fast healing before getting your ass kicked.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:31 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Ha...Here we go. Here's a site that mentions the Reverse Dimension in passing. It is a reality where the "effect precedes the cause".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...storical_events

Loki should know about the Reverse Dimension. The Avengers have been there, and Marvel's site associates it with Asgard. A few thousand years of dimension hopping and Loki is bound to have been to this place...and he'll know what the hell is going on.

So when I come into the fight with my magical telepathy, the "effect" will precede its cause...and since I will have it up as the fight starts, presumably it will affect Majestic before the fight even begins. He won't even be ready for it, and so he'll hardly be shrugging it off. Loki will get his bearings quickly and begin to 'use' the world. Majestic won't even know what's going on, and he'll be getting physically hurt before I even throw the first punch. By the time he figures this out, I'll have a decided edge, and will have been using him as a punching bag for a while.

Find one issue where Loki was in that dimension or was even talking about the dimension, or you don't get to claim he knows how it works. So your telepathy starts working before the fight starts? Great, that just means he'll go into the fight already ignoring it, making it even less effective when they are actually getting down to the nitty gritty.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 12:35 AM