KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Could crossovers happen with the current comic movies?

Could crossovers happen with the current comic movies?
Started by: AcousticDoc

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AcousticDoc

Could crossovers happen with the current comic movies?

I love crossovers in comics and was really looking forward to the batman vs superman movie before warner scrapped it for new a new take on the batman and superman franchies. After watching them both tho, I really can't see this corss over ever happening since superman is just way too powerful on screen compared to batman. At the most, batman would just be used to save superman's ass when there's kryptonite involved. I think it works great in the cartoons (love the world's finest movie) but will be skeptical to a movie version.

Another team I like a lot is daredevil and spiderman. I think the movie spiderman universe and movie daredevil universe would work a lot better. Especially since Parker is shown to constantly be out of cash and Murdock's firm is a practically free - I could definitely see Afleck representing Toby in a lawsuit. However, I don't see this happening unless the spiderman franchise tanks in the future and Daredevil gets a blockbuster sequel.

So what do you guys think about crossovers working in the movie universes?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 10:04 AM
AcousticDoc is currently offline Click here to Send AcousticDoc a Private Message Find more posts by AcousticDoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

DC and Marvel combine to make superman and spiderman movies, they would have their own storyline to follow, their foes meet and scheme against both of them, creating challenges for superman and spiderman, and eventually they meet and help eachother by going off and completing tasks to stop their foes from succeding and then the big face off at the end, maybe with cameos from other heroes based in metropolise? that would be a film putting DC's most famous with Marvels most popular!!!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 03:44 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Crossoverr movies are BS.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 05:16 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Foggy Nelson might be in Iron Man, Favreau has said.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 06:58 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Really? Bad ass... that's different to a crossover though...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 07:33 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systemshock2

It's another one of those ideas that sounds so much like a win-win situation, but actually implementing it would be next to impossible. Things like the extremely high budget, the actors all wanting their share of a large part, the story, the studios, basically everything that makes making even one superhero movie hard, well now you'd have to multiply it by two. But then again AvP and Freddy vs. Jason happened, so if it's within the same studios it's still possible.

For now though I'm really happy with the little crossover references put into the films, like when "Gotham" is mentioned in Superman Returns, "Metropolis" is mentioned in Batman Forever, even Punisher (at least somebody that looks like the Punisher) makes a brief cameo in Spiderman 2.

Best rivalry ever!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 08:11 PM
systemshock2 is currently offline Click here to Send systemshock2 a Private Message Find more posts by systemshock2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Anything more than a brief cameo would be next to impossible, for the sole reason that most of the movie franchises are owned by different production companies. Even within Marvel or DC, many different companies are involved with various character rights. It would have to be 2 licenses owned by the same company, then a screenplay would need to write them in.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 10:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

So far, these "crossover" nods have happened, although they're obviously not true crossovers:

1. Mention of Dr. Strange in Spider-Man 2 by Jameson.
2. Punisher in the wedding scene of Spider-Man 2.
3. Reed Richards making himself look like Wolverine in F4. (Deleted scene if I remember correctly)
4. Metropolis mentioned in Batman Forever (don't remember that personally but it was said above).
5. Gotham City mentioned in Superman Returns.
6. Possible Foggy in Iron Man.

Are there any that I'm forgetting?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 11:59 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sci-fi Nut
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spiderman 1, in the cage match between spidey and machoman. Spidey says"Hey I can't fight in this. I'm not the Thing."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 04:35 AM
Sci-fi Nut is currently offline Click here to Send Sci-fi Nut a Private Message Find more posts by Sci-fi Nut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

When we pay more for our tickets...only then would be possible.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 04:51 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

It would suck. I generallly find most 2 character special crossoivers even in comics seemingly strained, though its different with batman and Robin obivously... and different w/ teams...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 03:53 PM