KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Logan's name and a bit of the past

Logan's name and a bit of the past
Started by: Disturbance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Disturbance
SENATOR

Question Logan's name and a bit of the past

Couldn't find a thread answering these two questions, so here goes:

- Where does one of Logan's names, "Patch", come from? I've been trying to do some research online and think I know pretty much most of the Origin story, but there was no mention of this name whatsoever!

- Also not in any story I've found: why on earth did Logan return from Japan? He lived there for quite a while afterall - about 100 years if I'm correct - so why return to Canada where all his forgotten past would subconsciously haunt him?

You're gonna win or lose, but there's no time to choose

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 10:20 PM
Disturbance is currently offline Click here to Send Disturbance a Private Message Find more posts by Disturbance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

I read in another thread that his real name is "James Howlet" and that he is about 125 years old.

Check out the Hulk Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 02:14 AM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

Question One:

Patch, I think, is an alias from Madripoor...an island in the Indian Ocean or something. He owns a bar there, the Princess Bar, and I think he can't go stomping around everywhere as Wolverine. Patch from the eye patch he wears there.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 04:42 AM
munkiesarus is currently offline Click here to Send munkiesarus a Private Message Find more posts by munkiesarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

The Princess bar was renamed the Fox's den i think which is a bit of a nightclub. That bar and most of Madripoor is owned by Viper now I think..............

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 10:29 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Wolverine/ James Howlett is approximately 125 years old as already said. Assuming this is true, he was in his twenties when origin ended so if he stayed in Japan for a 100 years then he must have left to go to Japan immediately after the origin storyline.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 10:32 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbance
SENATOR

And what about coming home from Japan, any ideas anyone?

You're gonna win or lose, but there's no time to choose

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 09:02 PM
Disturbance is currently offline Click here to Send Disturbance a Private Message Find more posts by Disturbance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think the Second World war made him leave Japan but that would mean he was in Japan for a lot less than 100 years...................

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 09:21 PM
poncho73
Mean Green

I have just happened upon this thread and i have to ask: Do you truly think that he is that old?? When would he have been injected with the adamantium?? And though we know that he is there: Kamiko, i think her name is... and of curse that little excerpt from one of the mags that has a WWII vet coming over and calling wolvie by the wrong name... and then he walks off and under his breathe wolverine says something like."its good to see you too Charlie." THe technology would have had to be done in the last 45 years max. His age with his mutant ability could have had him as a wander. But what was he doing before infusion???

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 02:57 AM
poncho73 is currently offline Click here to Send poncho73 a Private Message Find more posts by poncho73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolvie'sgirl
Hated and feared by all..

Actually, he's 115 yaers old my mom and me did a little math.... even though I hate itsmile

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:46 AM
wolvie'sgirl is currently offline Click here to Send wolvie'sgirl a Private Message Find more posts by wolvie'sgirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolvie'sgirl

And he was living what little a normal life he could to answer the (what was he doing before infusion???) Q you had poncho73. He at the time just before his adamantium infusion, had fallen in love with Yuriko. Yuriko is a cybernetic/ adamantium based woman, but she wasn't like that when he first met her. You see, he was talking to her on a bridge by her house when he got word that he had to go to talk to General Chasen 'bout getting in to a little (volunteer work) for Department H. They actually forced him to get his adamantuim fused. To make a long, realylong, story short, he finally broke out of the Weapon X building and the professer that did the fusing was trapped inside. What Logan didn't know was that the prof inside was Yuriko's father, a big no no! He died in the process of the building being blown up and then Logen went back to see Yuriko. (cause he promised he wouldsmile ) When he saw her again, she had her adamantium, cybernetics and she had found out that Logan had killed her father ( in fact, the reason she got the cybernetics and her adamantium was to get back at Logan for killing him.) Ever since then no love, no nice girl and no nice guy they've been at it ever since!
Any Questions? big grin laughing Buy the way this pic is a pic of The Evil Professer that Infused his Adamantium! smile

Attachment: cards9.jpeg
This has been downloaded 38 time(s).

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 04:03 AM
wolvie'sgirl is currently offline Click here to Send wolvie'sgirl a Private Message Find more posts by wolvie'sgirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolvie'sgirl

Actually, it wasn't dep, H forget I said that. That was with Alfa Flight. smile

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 04:06 AM