KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » made me think.

made me think.
Started by: notquitesure311

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
notquitesure311

Question made me think.

i was looking through this site before registering and read the article on the exorcist/exorcism. In one of the paragraphs about a lady being "possessed" after feeding her pigs, it was stated that there was a connection between pigs and demons (so the Romans feared/believed back in the day). That they have human like skin with the descriptive facial features of the devil. It didn't occur to me until later that in a recent amityville horror article I read about the case, the little girl, daughter defeo (can't recall her name), owned a pig that they later said became evil after the "demonic events" had occured. coincidence?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 04:56 PM
notquitesure311 is currently offline Click here to Send notquitesure311 a Private Message Find more posts by notquitesure311 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I would like to know more about the Roman's belief, but the "Amityville Horror" is fictional and not true or real.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:11 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Parts of the Amityville Horror was real....just really really changed though, from what I've read....I also know that the Jews felt swine to be unclean...couldn't eat it...couldn't touch it, desecrated the temple when a pig was sacrificed in there...demons were cast into pigs and went over the cliff...All Bible stories I've read....

I never heard anything else about them having human like skin with the descriptive facial features of the devil....I've always heard they make good pets and are smarter than dogs...

Now, cats I've heard they're evil.

Attachment: physcocat.jpg
This has been downloaded 33 time(s).

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:26 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

I think thats more a occidental thing. Think like in Chinese religion for example, pigs are not evil, they have a special meaning behind them. All the animals in the Chinese horoscope, have some kind of sacred meaning. I think it has something to do with friendship and honesty.

quote:
Now, cats I've heard they're evil.

Mmm... that would explain why they are always hidden under the table, in my grandma´s house.

Last edited by Atlantis001 on Aug 8th, 2005 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:44 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Mmm... that would explain why they are always hidden under the table, in my grandma´s house.

That's because cats are not stupid. You come over to your grandma´s house and cats hide under the table, may have more to do with you. laughing

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:53 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Now if cats had human like skin and evil devil features...I'd get rid of it once and for good!....Old wives tales say they suck the breath out of people when they're sleeping....

Their soul stealers....

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 08:05 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by debbiejo
Now if cats had human like skin and evil devil features...I'd get rid of it once and for good!....Old wives tales say they suck the breath out of people when they're sleeping....

Their soul stealers....

stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 08:07 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Haven't you seen "Pet Cemetery"....they are the undead.....

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 08:08 PM
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Originally posted by debbiejo
Haven't you seen "Pet Cemetery"....they are the undead.....

That will do a good B movie theme.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 08:11 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Re: made me think.

Originally posted by notquitesure311
That they have human like skin with the descriptive facial features of the devil.

You can't tell me that if you saw something like this..that it wouldn't freak you out!!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 08:18 PM