KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » What I've found out about the T800 series Terminator

What I've found out about the T800 series Terminator
Started by: Benhacker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

Smile What I've found out about the T800 series Terminator

Here is what I've found out about the T800 SERIES TERMINATOR :

Endoskeleton Series 800 CSM Model 101 (INFILTRATOR / TERMINATOR)

A logical advance over the T600 model, the T800 model used higher technology to produce a unit that was 20% lighter and 40% more powerful. The T800's advanced sensor package was the best that SKYNET could produce, edging past the Series 1200 Scout in some ranges. The T800 was fully armored in a hyperalloy sheath around vital areas, with critical components being housed in case-hardened constructions. its nuclear plant was heavily armored and in the event of critical damage, a secondary power source was installed to allow the unit a margin of time to continue / complete its mission. The T800 used frictionless bearings in its joints allowing the unit to maneuver through its range of motions faster than the T600._ Bursts of sustained high speed no longer threatened the joint assemblies.

The main advantage of the T800 series over the earlier series was that the T800 was built with the most advanced control system that SKYNET could produce, a mechanical imitation of the human brain; a fiber-wafer neural net processor._ When set to autonomous mode, it could 'learn' like a human, actually becoming more efficient as time went on and experience built. The first initial production units were sent into the field and were recalled after several missions so that their data could be downloaded and analyzed by SKYNET.

Many T800s were produced in a single variant; the 800 Series Model 101 Cyborg or CYBernetic ORGanism, a hybrid of specially grown synthetic living tissue covering the microprocessor controlled hyperalloy armored endoskeleton. Using advanced techniques, SKYNET finally produced a machine capable of passing as a human. Bad breath, body odor, sweat, blood, tears, and a host of other bodily excretions made the organic camouflage package perfect. _ A T800 with custom vat grown skin could pass for a human 95% of the time, unless a trained spotter dog was present._ Moderate to heavy damage to the unit would reveal the armored endoskeleton under the organic camouflage and thus corrupt the infiltration process.

The organic camouflage was unique in that it had a high rate of self healing and regenerative capacities, on the order of seven to one of that of a normal human being._ Specialized repair units were equipped to graft on dermal patches of new skin to repair the organic camouflage in the field, but heavily damaged units often required that the organic camouflage be removed (via a process of flash incineration), repairs completed, and a new organic camouflage coating applied._ The process took upwards of fifteen hours to complete, from the time that the endoskeleton was placed in the synthetic tissue generating vat-womb to the time that the cyborg emerged._ Reprogramming of the cyborg via a spinal and cranial tap included protocols on how to imitate and mimic human behavior, known social nuances, and a restriction on the movement of the joints, which would more appropriately simulate the range of motion that a human could produce, rather than a machine._ Early combat trials of the cyborg units found that the full range of motion that the endoskeletons were capable of would surpass the elastic boundary of the organic camouflage, thus ripping or tearing the camouflage._ This accidental damage to the organic camouflage would often reveal the Infiltrator for its true nature.

Subsequent examinations of the rather limited range limits of human motion (as conducted in SKYNET's automated labs using a variety of techniques on live test subjects) produced a definitive set of protocols for the limiting or reduction in range of motion that was to accompany all cyborg Infiltration / Terminator units._ Once the organic camouflage was invalidated, the range of motion limitations were relegated to sub-duty in the processor array and full motion subroutines were again restored for maximum combat effectiveness.

Collaborated field reports of T800 units infiltrating underground Resistance bunkers and achieving complete tactical success were common. The casualty rates claimed for the T800 series, especially the cyborg variant, were far greater than that of the T600; on the order of 200 to 1 and climbing. Many cyborg variants were produced, with each 'model' including a slightly different height, hair color, hair style, hair texture, skin color, eye color, etc. The same style of unit was never used twice in one area for tactical considerations and SKYNET kept its variants in constant rotation.

The T800 became the main ground unit of SKYNET in the later years of the war, with total production eclipsing the other T series combined. Many thousands of T800s were operated in automatic mode, directly linked to SKYNET's tactical servers. When SKYNET went off-line on June 4, 2550, about 95% of the remaining T800s went with it. However, several thousand T800 series had been switched from automatic to autonomous mode and these wild units had to still be dealt with by the Resistance, even after the victory.

Benhacker cool

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 02:24 PM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

I remember a website that had a lot of that information. A lot of Terminator fans claimed that it was just made up. It could be from the novels or comics though, I don't know.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 05:25 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

You must be more obsessed with the movies than I am. smile

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 12:22 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Makedde
You must be more obsessed with the movies than I am. smile

I have dreams all the time about the Terminator future war(the war that Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor dreamed of in Terminator 1). I think that the dreams I have are visions through the eyes of my future self.

Benhacker cool

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 08:39 AM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnny cash fan

Originally posted by Benhacker
I have dreams all the time about the Terminator future war(the war that Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor dreamed of in Terminator 1). I think that the dreams I have are visions through the eyes of my future self.

Benhacker cool

your'e scaring me man confused

Old Post May 25th, 2006 07:15 PM
johnny cash fan is currently offline Click here to Send johnny cash fan a Private Message Find more posts by johnny cash fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T800 CSM101
NO FATE BUT WHAT WE MAKE

Originally posted by Benhacker

Benhacker cool

THE WAR IS COMING, IT IS INEVITABLE

"IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 01:36 PM
T800 CSM101 is currently offline Click here to Send T800 CSM101 a Private Message Find more posts by T800 CSM101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote