KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Spirit of Humanity is Compassion

The Spirit of Humanity is Compassion
Started by: whirlysplat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Spirit of Humanity is Compassion

I am not a religious person. I do though believe in certain moral codes, at the heart of my beliefs is compassion for my fellow man. I believe most people are good people, regardless of race, religion, creed, class or colour. I believe all should be equal. I also believe most people know whats right and whats wrong. I believe the real conspiracy in the world at the moment is unconscious, it is not controlled by anyone, but is a product of advertising, the isolationist way many of us live and work at times, and the distance we feel from each other. The result of this is a cold unloving world for many, where as long as they are OK then they no longer care about others, this was highlighted to me by the reactions of some on this board to the London bombings. They are cash rich but emotionally poor.

Am I right?

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Last edited by Sir Whirlysplat on Jul 10th, 2005 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 12:37 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

No you are quite wrong to be hinest.

The Spirit of Humanity is self-interest....

I am not a religious person either, and I do believe society makes their morals to control their citizens....that doesn't make those morals any less reasonable, they are just not the human nature. I believe all people are neither...good nor bad they just are....they do what they want to do and do it for their own reasons if they know the reasons or not....I don't believe there is something like right or wrong...everything is neutral....these terms only exiist in subjective and biased societies...they are not natural. It might make people feel better that they are connected with others and that they care and are cared for....but they just swindle themselves...they don't care...and no one cares fot them.....I noticed that with some people on this board who mabye like to think maybe really think what they do they do for others...not out of self interest....they are wrong..whatever they do they do it just for themselves and really just for that......those people maybe think they are loving and caring but in fact they are just simple people that don't want to see the truth.

Is Whirly wrong?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:03 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Martin Luthor King, Gandhi, etc all simple people confused Aspirations towards a better world = simple confused

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:06 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Martin Luther King Jr., Ghandi, etc deed = Great
Martin Luther King Jr., Ghandi, etc beliefs = Simple

Read my post...don't just give your stupid interpretation of parts of my ideas totally out of context.....would that be possible?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:10 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
I noticed that with some people on this board who mabye like to think maybe really think what they do they do for others...not out of self interest....they are wrong..whatever they do they do it just for themselves and really just for that..

I feel really badly for you that you have never experienced this type of caring.. I have and am grateful for it.. and lately it has been people from this board who have been there for me when i needed them.. and I return the favor in kind.. not to make myself feel better but to help in some small way those that I care about..

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:17 PM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

if you want a better world, then respect our own right to be unique and to express that uniqueness; let us respect the right of others to express their
uniqueness, free from ridicule or condemnation; and let us never seek to impose what we believe on anyone else. That simple philosophy will transform your life and life on this planet.
dont sit back and watch the agents control and manipulate the world for there own selfish needs.

We have stopped thinking for ourselves and given our minds (power) away. Therefore we follow the one in front in the most extraordinarily robotic fashion. And we are consumed by fear in every fibre of our being. Once our fear responses are activated, we rush to conform even if we are aware enough to realise that what we are being asked to think, do, and say, is a nonsense. These weapons, the baa, baa, and the fear, allow an
astonishingly few people to mould and direct the world in their own
perverted image, a process that is leading, unless we wake up and grow
up, towards a world government, army, central bank and currency, and
a microchipped population: in short, the total global control of every
man woman and child.
While it may appear at first to be incredibly difficult for a relative
handful of people to control the lives of nearly six billion, it is in fact
comparatively easy, once you have control of education and the media
- the sources of the “information” and mantra messages which bombard
the conscious and subconscious mind from cradle to grave. These
messages are not designed to inform, but to direct and condition, to
divide and rule.
generation allows its sense
of self to be conditioned by older generations, parents, teachers and
media people. They don’t question why. This sponge mentality and the
desire to impose one’s thoughts and beliefs on others has created an
amazingly effective vehicle for the Elite to control the direction of the
world. It is what I have called the Hassle-Free Zone. Every dogma,
belief-system, culture, and society has a Hassle-Free Zone. It works
like this: you set limits of acceptable thought, view and behaviour and
anyone who steps outside of those very narrow limits is immediately
either ridiculed as “mad” or condemned as “bad”. In my case both!
Some people stay within the Hassle-Free Zone because they are
persuaded that this desperately constricted view is indeed how life
should be lived. But there are very significant numbers of other people
who realise how ridiculous the limits of the Zone are, but the fear of
facing ridicule or condemnation ensures that they keep their mouths
shut and their heads down. As they say in Japan, the nail that stands
out from the rest is the first one to be hit. Here again we have the
Hassle-Free Zone policed by those twin weapons, the baa, baa (those
who accept the limitation of conditioned thought and view as their
reality) and the fear (those who think differently, but are frightened to
say so). This means that great swathes of humanity are living a lie and
denying what they really believe and what they really want to do with
their lives. They don the mask. Stand in a crowded street and watch all
those people walking by. You are not looking at the real, infinite them.
You are looking at the mask they project to the world.
If you want to be free, stop living a lie. Stop denying yourself. You
are a unique aspect of all that exists, the sum total of all your unique
experiences since you first became cC)nscious an infinity ago. That is
a reason to be joyous. There is no aspect of consciousness in all creation
that is like you. You are special, as everyone is equally special. But
instead of being joyous and proud of that specialness, we have allowed
our uniqueness to become something to fear. Oh my God!
Because we fear being ourselves, we are uncomfortable when anyone
around us decides to evacuate the Hassle-Free Zone and express their
uniqueness. Their dash for mental and emotional freedom makes a
statement about us and our own mental and emotional prison. People
don’t like that and they react accordingly. “He’s mad” or “She’s bad”
comes the reflex action, standard issue cry from the herd when it is
faced with someone determined to be themselves and not a
programmed clone. And do you know what people are really saying
when they shout “mad” or “bad”? They are really saying “different”.
Think about the consequences for your life and the planet that result
from this frar of being YOU. If we give our minds away to others and
allow them to tell us what to think and do, and if we concede our
uniqueness to the fear of being different, we give control of this world
to a tiny Elite who use their power and manipulation to dictate the
limits of the Hassle-Free Zone.
Until we respect our own, and everyone’s, right to be different, to
make our own choices, and create our own conscious realities free from
imposition and pressure to conform, we will remain in a prison of our
own making. We will continue to be both the policeman and the
prisoner. And a handful of people with a deeply unpleasant agenda will
continue to run the world. The choice, as always, is ours. We can accept
the prison or we can walk out to freedom. And freedom is but a thought
away.

simple as that

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:20 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeRFmAn
Call me Reverend

Originally posted by bilb
I feel really badly for you that you have never experienced this type of caring.. I have and am grateful for it.. and lately it has been people from this board who have been there for me when i needed them.. and I return the favor in kind.. not to make myself feel better but to help in some small way those that I care about..
I actually agree with bardock on this one. If you really think about it its true, maybe indirectly but when it comes down to it, it is.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:22 PM
DeRFmAn is currently offline Click here to Send DeRFmAn a Private Message Find more posts by DeRFmAn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

then maybe THAT is whats wrong with the world

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:28 PM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by bilb

I didn't say this for of physical or mental caring exists...it does but for selfish reasons........

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:28 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reposted here

Nietzsche, Machievelli, Crowley, Sun Wu, Talcott Parsons etc etc etc have all voiced your opinions before you. I would argue it is their view that is simple. Nietzsche certainly couldn't live by it and his ideas lead to many atrocities. Interestingly enough my sig is based on a comic based on The Coming of the Overman. What a load of tripe.

For you Bardock

Die Vereine „Bunt statt Braun“ sowie „Gegen Vergessen – Für Demokratie“ laden für den 4. Mai ab 17 Uhr ins historische Wolgaster Rathaus ein. Hier wird die Ausstellung „Holocaust im Comic“ eröffnet, die vom 5. bis 13. Mai zu sehen sein wird.

Hinter der zunächst unpassend scheinenden Verknüpfung von Holocaust und Comic steht die sehr ernsthafte Auseinandersetzung mit der Historie der massenhaften Tötung von Juden sowie mit verstecktem und offenem Antisemitismus in heutigen Comics. Dabei wird unter anderem der Frage nachgegangen, wie weit schwarzer Humor eigentlich gehen darf.

Nice simple ideas man
confused

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:31 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by whirlysplat
Reposted here

Nietzsche, Machievelli, Crowley, Sun Wu, Talcott Parsons etc etc etc have all voiced your opinions before you. I would argue it is their view that is simple. Nietzsche certainly couldn't live by it and his ideas lead to many atrocities. Interestingly enough my sig is based on a comic based on The Coming of the Overman. What a load of tripe.

For you Bardock

Die Vereine „Bunt statt Braun“ sowie „Gegen Vergessen – Für Demokratie“ laden für den 4. Mai ab 17 Uhr ins historische Wolgaster Rathaus ein. Hier wird die Ausstellung „Holocaust im Comic“ eröffnet, die vom 5. bis 13. Mai zu sehen sein wird.

Hinter der zunächst unpassend scheinenden Verknüpfung von Holocaust und Comic steht die sehr ernsthafte Auseinandersetzung mit der Historie der massenhaften Tötung von Juden sowie mit verstecktem und offenem Antisemitismus in heutigen Comics. Dabei wird unter anderem der Frage nachgegangen, wie weit schwarzer Humor eigentlich gehen darf.

Nice simple ideas man
confused

Sure Simple ideas...haha...because speaking against the general beliefs is always simple....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:33 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is until the consequences have to be paid for, Nietzsche could not live by his. Machi and Sun Wu are the basis of all capitalist ideas and Nietsche's ideas at least in part led to the Holacaust.

Sorry I don't get you reasoning, but I guess in a way Ii'm glad

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:38 PM
Bardock42

Nietzsche never said he was the "Übermensch" nor that it was possible to be one anyways...its more off an ideal....

Capitalism is the best Market System that ever existed

And for Nietzsches teaching causing the Holocaust...that is wrong....yes maybe the term was used but not his teachings....if at all the perverted parts aboot the "Übermensch" ....but same for Darwin, doesn't make him any less wrong....and the ideas Hitler took were stated even before Nietzsche by French, English and German people...even Priests.....it is much more likely that he took his ideads from there...the Aryan too....

And I see that you dont get my reasoning...I get yours though...I just see that it is wrong.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:43 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reposted

The hour when ye say: "What good is my happiness! It is poverty and pollution and wretched self-complacency. But my happiness should justify existence itself!"
The hour when ye say: "What good is my reason! Doth it long for knowledge as the lion for his food? It is poverty and pollution and wretched self-complacency!"
The hour when ye say: "What good is my virtue! As yet it hath not made me passionate. How weary I am of my good and my bad! It is all poverty and pollution and wretched self-complacency!"
The hour when ye say: "What good is my justice! I do not see that I am fervour and fuel. The just, however, are fervour and fuel!"
The hour when we say: "What good is my pity! Is not pity the cross on which he is nailed who loveth man? But my pity is not a crucifixion." Have ye ever spoken thus? Have ye ever cried thus? Ah! would that I had heard you crying thus!
It is not your sin- it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!
Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the frenzy with which ye should be inoculated?
Lo, I teach you the Superman: he is that lightning, he is that frenzy!

It speaks to me of self superiority and self interest, its meaning is clear and it led to the deaths of many jews and many of my people the Roma.

even as I stated earlier Nietzsche could not live by it:

Upon witnessing a horse being whipped by a coachman at the Piazza Carlo Alberto, Nietzsche threw his arms around the horse's neck and collapsed, never to return to full sanity.

Compassion ruled him also in the end.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:52 PM
Bardock42

Absolutely not...he's talking aboot single people and on other parts of the book he clearly talks aboot having morals but for the right reasons...ther reason is "I want" not "You should" ...and he didn't want the Horse to have pain but for his own reasons...maybe he made it his own moras to not see people suffering...that doesn't mean he cared aboot them it means he cares for himself and wants his own ideaöls to come true.....and he in no way...and I mean that NO WAY is guiltyx of the death of anymody......I don't blame the Bible for the Inquistion because it is just as stupid as Blaming Nietzsche for the Holocaust....

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 02:06 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never blamed Nietzsche for the holacaust, I do not blame ideas no matter how inhumane they are.

He had a lot of compassion the example with the horse proves that it also proves even he did not believe what he wrote.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 02:09 PM
Bardock42

Good...although his ideas were not inhumane at all...actually they were the most "human" ideas ever....

Well that's a misconception people that didn't understand Nietzsche could make........but on the contrary...he didn't do it out of compassion he did it becvause the Horse meant something to him....so he did it for himself.....if he had seen the Horse in Pain he would have felt pain himself...and maybe he decided for himself that he wanted to life for himself according to some sort of rules...for himself...and maybe this rules for himself said "help animals that are ion pain" but he did it for himself...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 02:15 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then why the breakdown? He did not know the horse. Although interstingly he wrote a lot of horse poetrybig grin

And yes the Dionysiun based philosophy of Nietsche was inhumane as all self based systems are.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 02:20 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by whirlysplat
Then why the breakdown? He did not know the horse. Although interstingly he wrote a lot of horse poetrybig grin

And yes the Dionysiun based philosophy of Nietsche was inhumane as all self based systems are.

the breakdown because he suffered from a serious disease...he became insane in the end....the help for the Horse because of what I just said...and that he seemed to be fond of horses just underlines it...he chose for himself that he doesn't want a horse to suffer...not for the horses....but for him

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 02:22 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

You mean the Syphillis never proved, he had a nervous breakdown provedbig grin

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 02:24 PM