KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » He Was Meant to be With...

He Was Meant to be With...
Started by: ewalklover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

Love He Was Meant to be With...

A/N: Well, I'm back with fresh new ideas...one, anyways. This is a “choose your own adventure” type of fanfic. There’ll be a few chapters at the beginning which have to be read by everyone, and then depending on your SHIP preferences you can choose one way or the other. Or you can read both. =) For this fanfic, let’s just pretend that the 7th book didn’t happen. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are NOT going to look for horcruxes and are going back to Hogwarts, Dumbledore is still alive and headmaster, and Ginny and Harry haven’t gone out. It's a little bit short to start, but it'll get longer once I have a bit more to work with. Enjoy!

PS: I don't own Harry Potter. That magical world belongs to the one and only JK Rowling.

Prologue: Confession Time

“YOU’RE WHAT?!” screamed the redheaded boy.

“I’m kinda…sorta…in love with Ginny? And Hermione?” Harry Potter said, unsure of himself.

Harry Potter, age 17 since three and a half weeks ago, had a problem. It wasn’t the problem that a certain dark wizard by the name of Lord Voldemort had murdered his parents and was now after Harry to finish him off. No, Harry Potter had a problem that would probably seem stupid to anyone else. Girls. That was Harry’s problem. Sure, he’d been around girls forever and he knew that they didn’t have cooties, but still. Harry chose that to be his problem that he considered worse than fighting a dragon.

Harry’s problem was that he was in love. Aw, young love. How sweet. Not to Harry. Harry happened to be in love with Ginny Weasley, who also happened to be his best friends younger sister. And as everyone knows, best friends siblings are off limits. But oh no, the love doesn’t just stop there. Of course, why should it? Harry was also in love with his best friend of six years Hermione Granger. To make this worse, Harry had suspected that Ron was in love with her too.

Now, it’s wasn’t Harry’s fault that these two girls happened to be smart, kind, and not to mention, beautiful. He just couldn’t help himself. He was “just friends” with both of them, and his seventh and last year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was fast approaching. If he didn’t step up and do something about it now, when would he ever get the chance?

“Oh, okay. So I did hear you right,” Said Ron, a tall, gangly boy with Weasley-trademark freckles and red hair. He turned around from where he was facing Harry and continued to throw things into his trunk.

“Yeah…this wasn’t really the reaction I’d thought I’d get when I told you. I mean, Ginny’s your sister and all, and I’d always thought you liked Hermione, so-”

“Woah, me? Like Hermione? I don’t think so, mate. I mean, we always fight and she’s so annoying…how could I ever like someone so stuck up?” Harry blushed as this comment was said, and Ron, noticing his discomfort, came up with a plan right then and there on the spot. A quite brilliant plan, if I might add. Something that will probably never happen again. “I mean, I have a great plan for you.”

“So you’ll help?”

“ ‘Course, what are mates for, right? So, here’s what you do: when school starts in two days, me and Hermione, being heads this year and all, will be able to plan lots of Hogsmead trips. So all you have to do is take them each to Hogsmead once, and then you get to decide which you’d rather be with. There’s only one problem…”

“What’s that?”

“You have to make sure that they don’t find out.”

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 03:42 AM
Emmy-xo is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy-xo a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy-xo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Very Interesting... good job at this! i certainly want to read more!

big grin

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 12:34 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

Thanks! the next (or first, I should say) chapter will probably be up sometime tonight...I think I'd like a few more reviews first though, so we'll see. And if anyone has any ideas for this story, I'm always open for suggestions so you can pm me!

-ewalklover

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 02:15 PM
Emmy-xo is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy-xo a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy-xo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

A/N: Never mind! The next/first chapter is going up now! I'm bored, and I've decided to be nice. There also might be another chapter up tonight. I tend to post more quickly when I'm bored roll eyes (sarcastic) Another thing that makes me post faster is reviews. I love getting reviews, and if I get...let's say 3 by tonight another chapter will go up. Although 5 reviews would make my day wink

Also, if you have any ideas for my story you can always pm me with them. I love getting your sugestions and constructive criticism. It will also help me with writing the story later on. I know what I want to happen, but you might like the story a bit better if something you want to happen happens.

And with that, on with the story!

-ewalklover

Chapter One: Tickle Me Silly

“I can’t believe how uneventful this year has started out!” exclaimed Hermione Granger as she and Ron walked down the seventh floor corridor towards their new heads’ common room. “I mean, there was nothing about mass murderers on the loose, nothing about dementors guarding the grounds, no tournaments, not famous wizards…nothing! Not even about Voldemort! Although, I suppose Dumbledore’s probably trying to hush all that up. And he’s been pretty quiet lately…ah, here we are!” She had stopped in front of a large portrait of a mermaid who was sitting on a rock in the ocean combing through her long red hair. The mermaid stopped and looked up at them when they stood in front of her.

“Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley?” the Mermaid asked, in a bit of a tune. Hermione and Ron nodded. “I assume you know the password then?”

“Tickle me silly,” said Hermione. After the feast, Dumbledore had met with them, explaining more of their duties as head boy and girl. He had also told them the whereabouts of their heads’ common room, and of course, the password to get in, which happened to be “tickle me silly”. When Ron and Hermione had given him puzzled looks, he explained that one year, many many years ago before he was even headmaster, the head boy and girl put tickling charms on everyone before they left the school, as a way to remember them. It had been the password ever since.

“Very well. Enjoy!” said the Mermaid. She swung her portrait open, revealing a practically identical common room to that of Gryffindor tower.

There was a fireplace with a fire already going. A table sat in front of it, along with two chairs and a couch. On each side of the room there was a desk where all of their school supplies had already been put neatly. Beside each desk was a calendar already scheduled with prefect duties and suggested Hogsmead trips (although they could be changed). At the very back of the room were two doors. The door to the right had Hermione’s name on it, the door to the left had Ron’s.

They each ran straight for their own room. They were both red and gold, Gryffindor house colours, so were the small bathrooms that were off of the rooms. There was one very big bed and a dresser in each room. The only difference was that Hermione’s walls were taken up mostly by bookshelves stacked full of books. In Ron’s room, the walls were covered in Chudley Cannon posters, and he had a special closet for all of his Quidditch things.

“Oh, Ron, aren’t they amazing?!” gushed Hermione, running into his room.

“Yeah. Really great,” he said, a smile playing at his lips. He and Hermione walked back into the common room and sat down on opposite ends of the couch. There was a moment of awkward silence before Ron said, “So, a lot of the third years have been coming up to me asking when the first Hogsmead day was.”

“Really? They must be eager,” Hermione said with a slight chuckle.

“Yeah, so I was thinking we should have one soon…say, in about 2 weeks?”

“Sounds good to me. I’ll make up the notices for the prefects to put in the common rooms tomorrow.” Hermione yawned. “Wow, I’m already tired,” she said.

Ron laughed. “Go and get some sleep. I’ll see you bright and early in the morning.”

“Goodnight, Ron,” Hermione smiled, and left the common room.

After Hermione had shut the door to her room, Ron got up and went to his own room, flopping down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Oh, how he loved that girl. But he knew that if Harry ended up choosing her over Ginny then there’d be no hope. The plan was already in action. But would it work?

Attention all students third year and up:

The following days have been booked as Hogsmead trips:
September 16th
October 14th
November 25th

Please note that all students attending must have thier permission forms signed by a parent or guardian.

Ron's brilliant, thought Harry as he finished reading the notice. Now, who to ask first? Hermione or Ginny? He decided, since she was coming down the stairs that moment, that he would ask Ginny.

“Hey, Ginny! The first Hogsmead dates have been scheduled!” Harry said, waving her over to where he stood.

“Oh yeah. That should be fun,” she smiled at him.

“I was just wondering, if you wanted to maybe go with me? That is, if you weren’t already planning on going with someone else…”

“No, Harry, I’d love to!” Ginny said, her smile broadening.

“Great. Just, don’t tell Hermione, okay?”

“What? Why can’t I tell her?” asked Ginny suspiciously.

“Um…because Dean told me last night that he thought she might have fancied me last year, and well, I don’t know if it’s true or not, but just in case, don’t tell her. I don’t want to hurt her feelings at all.” He recovered.

“Alrighty then, Harry,” said Ginny, her eyebrows raised.

“Shall we go down for breakfast then?”

“We shall!” And with that, they left for the Great Hall.

In the Great Hall, Harry and Ginny spotted Ron and Hermione already eating breakfast. Hermione gave them a cheerful hello, and Ron grunted, his mouth too full of food to say anything. Harry rolled his eyes and grabbed Ron by the sleeve of his robes and dragged him out of the Great Hall, much to Ron’s protest.

“Whaaaaat?” Ron whined when he had finished chewing.

“You’re so brilliant, mate, getting the notice up so fast,” Harry said, clapping Ron on the shoulder.

“Oh, well, yeah. It was nothing. Just trying to make the plan go smoothly. So, who’re you going to ask first?” he questioned.

“Already done. I asked Ginny this morning.”

“Fine, leave me with Hermione,” Ron joked. “Where are you going to take Ginny? It has to be some place Hermione would never go.”

“Well…to be honest, I hadn’t actually thought of that. I suppose I could just take her to the Three Broomsticks or something…” Harry said.

“No! You can’t go there. Too many people will see you. And what if Hermione wants to go there? She of all people can’t see you.”

“Okay…well, there was this one place. It was horrible. Cho took me there in fifth year. Madame Pudifoot’s…it’s all lovey dovey and such, but I guess it couldn’t hurt. Plus, nobody there would even pay any notice to us. They’ll all be busy snogging the brains out of whoever’s sitting across from them,” said Harry with a slight grimace.

“Ha! Sounds perfect!” Ron said as they walked back into the Great Hall and sat down across from Ginny and Hermione.

“What were you two love birds talking about?” asked Ginny.

“Shut up, Ginny.” Ron said, piling more food into his plate than he could hold. Hermione grimaced at this.

“So anyways,” started Harry, changing the subject, “how do you guys like your heads’ common room?”

“It’s amazing!” Hermione said, and she started into a full-detail report on the head’s common room, how and why the password was “tickle me silly”, and getting to plan the Hogsmead dates and such while Ron continued to shovel food into his mouth.

Just as he was about to take another bite from his second helping of eggs, the food vanished. “Hey!” Ron said, clearly upset. Dumbledor then announced that classes would be starting in 15 minutes, so Harry, Hermione, and a now grumpy Ron said goodbye to Ginny and headed off to first period charms with Ravenclaw.

Last edited by Emmy-xo on Aug 15th, 2007 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 03:39 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

very very brilliant, is there more

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 11:25 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

thanks for reviewing, and yes, there's lots more. I'd just like some more reviews before I post again. The more reviews the faster I post smile

-ewalklover

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 02:59 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

excellent... wink nice work! I'll be waiting for more! happy big grin

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 05:08 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

plz post more, from ur biggest fan, lol laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 11:41 AM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

A/N: Well, I guess that would be three reviews. Let's see if this time I can get 4. The more you review, the more story you get!

And now, by request, chapter two!

-ewalklover

Chapter Two: The Date With Ginny

The two weeks passed surprisingly quickly for Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny, who spent most of their time doing homework in the heads’ common room. Before they knew it, September 16th had arrived, and Ginny was freaking out because she had no idea what to wear.

“What about this?” Hermione asked, holding up a pink t-shirt. Ginny had brought all of her clothes to Hermione’s room and they were trying to find her the perfect outfit.

“Hermione, when do you ever see me wear that? It’s horrible!” Ginny cried in frustration.

“Well, excuse me. Tell me again why you have to have the “perfect” outfit?” Hermione said suspiciously as she rummaged through the pile of clothes.

“No reason really. Since Ron asked you and you guys won’t be there, I’d like to look nice…maybe Harry will notice me then,” lied Ginny, examining a short green v-necked dress. “What about this?” she held the dress up to her body. It was hot out today; she could wear whatever. Hermione smiled and nodded her approval, so Ginny put the dress on and slipped a pair of white leggings on underneath: it was hot, but not that hot.

“You look great, Gin,” said Hermione.

“Thanks. Now, what are you going to wear?” asked Ginny.

“Oh…well, I thought I’d just wear this. I mean, it’s just Ron-” Hermione looked down at her jeans and black t-shirt.

Ginny sighed. Hermione wasn’t into fashion much, she could tell. “Let’s go meet the boys then.”

Once they arrived at Hogsmead, Ron and Hermione and Harry and Ginny split into their pairs and walked opposite ways.

“Where do you want to go first?” Harry asked Ginny after they had said goodbye to Ron and Hermione.

“I heard they just opened up a new Quidditch store somewhere. I was hoping we could go and look in there.”

After about ten minutes, they found Wendell’s Quidditch Supplies and went in. Since it was new, the store was packed full of Hogwarts students. Being that it was a little store, it was also quite hard to move, so after trying to get in the back to look at the brooms, Harry and Ginny just decided to leave.

“Glad we’re out of there!” Ginny said after breathing the fresh air outside.

Harry laughed. “Me too.”

“Where to now?” asked Ginny.

“Well, there’s this great little tea shop down the way here. They have really good tea. I go there all the time,” Harry lied.

“Lead the way, then,” Ginny said, and they set off towards Madame Pudifoot’s.

While they walked they talked about things: interests, Quidditch, school work, Voldemort. Harry found himself finding it very easy to talk to Ginny.

When they arrived outside Madame Pudifoot’s, Ginny covered her mouth to keep from bursting out laughing. She had come here last year with Dean, and knew how positively awful it was. But, since, Harry seemed to like it, she would go along.

The entered the tea shop and found a table. A waitress wearing a hot pink uniform came over and took their orders and brought them back their tea. Harry sipped from the pink china cup. It wasn’t the best tea. He looked around nervously at all of the couples sitting close together and talking in hushed voices or snogging. He hoped Ginny didn’t want to do any of that stuff. He liked her, sure, but he wasn’t ready. Especially since he also happened to like Hermione. Would his and Ron’s plan even work? Could he manage to take them both out without the other finding out?

“Uh, Harry,” Ginny said, stopping Harry from continuing his thoughts. “It’s raining. We should probably get back to the castle.”

“Right,” said Harry. He threw a galleon down on the table and they left, running back to the castle in the pouring rain.

When they got back, they noticed that they weren’t the only ones soaking wet. They quickly changed into dry robes and went to see Ron and Hermione.

When the Mermaid swung her portrait open, Harry and Ginny stepped inside. Hermione was reading a book, and Ron was staring at the fire looking tired. He looked up when he heard them and smiled a bit.

“How was it?” Ron asked.

“Fun! We got caught in the rain, though,” said Ginny as she flopped into the nearest armchair. “Did you guys have fun?”

Ron shrugged. “Yeah, I guess, if you call book shopping fun.” He shot a glare at Hermione who didn’t even look up from her book. “I really wanted to go to that new Quidditch store. Did you guys get a chance to go?”

“Yeah, but it was pointless. It was packed full of people. We couldn’t even move.” Harry said, and Ron shrugged.

“I’m starved. Let’s go down to dinner, Ron said.

While they were walking down to dinner, Ron and Harry lagged behind the girls. “So?” asked Ron when they were far enough behind not to be heard.

“So what?”

“So how was it?”

“It was fun. We talked a lot. Madame Pudifoot’s was quite boring, I’ll admit. Way too lovey dovey for me, but I think I’ll take Hermione there too. No one noticed us.”

“Good,” said Ron as they entered the Great Hall.

R&R!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 02:44 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

very very gud, but u didnt say it 2 b from 4 different ppl, so hahahaha
u can't take it back

very very gud, indeed

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:49 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

awesome is there more?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:49 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

plz post soon

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:50 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

plz tell me u have more?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:50 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

i would like more plz, post asap

i hope i dont get n trouble 4 this

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:51 PM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

haha. wow, more that four reviews! I'll post again maybe later tonight...I'm hoping from one more review...prefferably from someone else this time. Thanks for reviewing, though, TheSims14. And if you ever have any ideas (because I always love to hear what my readers want) please pm me. Thankies!!

-ewalklover

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 10:16 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

lol netime
i actually have a couple of stories on here
so check'em out if u have time

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 11:07 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

plz plz plz post plz plz plz

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 01:48 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

lol, hehe, i see you have a fan mate... fans stick throughout you know, you better watch out! just kidding.. wink

anyway, great post, but i wish i would've read more about what harry and ginny talked about.... and ron and hermione, and maybe when harry and hermione go out too..... big grin

maybe you could do that on your next chapter!

nice work though!!!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 02:43 AM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

A/N: I love fans. they make me feel special. I know I went through that chapter kind of fast, but I'm really eager to get to the choose your own adventure part. which will start in like...two or three chapters by the way smile

this next chapter's kinda short...shorter than the last one anyways...and a little bit random, but it needs to be there, in my opinion, to make everything work. plus, you can't really have a harry potter story without quidditch, now can you?

-ewalklover

Chapter Three: Quidditch

“Alright, chasers and Ron mount your brooms!” called Harry to his quidditch team. It was October 13th, the day before the next Hogsmead visit and Harry had yet to ask Hermione. He didn’t know how he was going to ask her without Ginny knowing. Due to this problem, he was in a really sour mood. It didn’t help that outside it was freezing, windy, and pelting rain.

“We’re going to drill Ron now, and that’ll give you chasers a chance to work on your shots,” he yelled up to Ginny, Demelza, and Dean, the Gryffindor team chasers. He threw the quaffel up to Dean who caught it and passed to Ginny, who then scored on Ron. It should have been an easy save too. Harry groaned.

This went on for about another hour, with the beaters, Jimmy Peakes and Ritchie Coote, hitting bludgers towards the chasers to try and stop them from scoring. Harry was standing on the ground below them, watching. He watched as goal after goal were scored on Ron. He thought that after last year he might be better with his nerves, but apparantly he wasn’t. Ron had so far only saved one goal, and it had been one where just as Demelza was about to thow the quaffel, she got hit was a bludger, knocking her throw off course.

All of a sudden, if it was even possible, the rain came down harder, making it impossible to see. “Okay,” called Harry up to them, but he wasn’t sure that they could hear him. “Stop. Stop! STOP!”

Ginny, it seemed, was the only one who had heard him, she stopped her broom, hovering in the air, when all of a sudden, a bludger hit by Jimmy smashed into her head. Ginny slipped off of her broom, not able to hold on, and tumbled to the ground. Her abandoned broom flew into Dean and he caught it.

Harry, upon seeing this, rushed towards her, thanking god that she hadn’t been too high up in the air. Ron landed beside him, Jimmy on the other side. A few seconds later, the rest of the team was crowded around.

Jimmy was biting his nails nervously. “I’m sorry! I couldn’t see anything! I didn’t even know she was there!” he cried.

“It’s alright, Jimmy. I think she’ll be fine. She’s just knocked out. Ron, help me get her up to Madame Pomfrey. Practice is over,” said Harry sternly. He and Ron lifted Ginny up and carried her to the hospital wing.

When they got there, Madame Pomfrey rushed over immediately and asked what had happened. Harry explained in a calm voice, and they brought Ginny over to an empty bed. Madame Pomfrey hustled about, fixing potions and performing charms until she came to a conclusion.

“She should be fine,” concluded the mediwitch. “It’s probably a good idea that I still check with the healers at St. Mungo’s though. And she’ll need to stay here for a few days at least.”

“Okay,” said both boys together. Since there was nothing else they could do, they turned to leave to go back and change out of their wet and muddy Quidditch robes.

“Well, that solves you’re problem, then,” said Ron as they left the hospital wing.

“My problem?”

“Yeah. Now you can just ask Hermione to go to Hogsmead with you and you won’t have to worry about Ginny.”

“Right! Great. Well, it’s really not good, since Ginny’s hurt, but-”

“I know what you mean, mate,” said Ron, laughing a little. They went to get changed, each to his own dorm, and then Harry went in search for Hermione.

After finding out from Ron that she wasn’t in the heads’ common room, he decided to look in the library, Hermione’s favourite place. Sure enough, there she was, sitting on her usual couch in a corner, engrossed in a heavy-looking book. Her long, bushy brown hair fell into her face and she pushed it back behind her ear. Oh, how he longed to run his fingers through that hair.

“Hey,” said Harry, sitting beside her.

“Hi, Harry. How was practice?” she asked cheerfully.

“It was terrible. Ron saved one goal and Ginny got hurt. She’s going to be in the hospital wing for a few days.”

“Oh, that’s horrible! She’ll miss the Hogsmead trip tomorrow!’

“Yeah, about that. Hermione, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me. Just you and me…you know?”

Hermione smiled. Even though she had a hunch that Ginny had a “thing” for Harry, she just couldn’t say no. After all, it was every woman for herself, wasn’t it? “I’d love that Harry! But…what about Ron?”

“He can go with Neville, Seamus, and Dean,” Harry shrugged. “Only, please don’t tell Ginny about this. Demelza Robins mentioned to me that she might have a crush on me. I don’t want her feelings to be hurt.”

“Okay,” said Hermione, a little bit suspiciously.

“ ‘Kay, well, I’ll let you get back to your book then,” said Harry, and he got up and left to find Ron.

Everything was going according to plan.

please R&R!!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 03:12 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I wonder how long harry would keep this all up lol...
and ouch for ginny!

good job!

and about the fans, i don't really have a fan when it comes to my fan fictions, but i do have readers... feels good when they review, doesn't it? wink

anyway mate, keep up the good work, will be waiting for more!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 08:03 AM