KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator DVD(s)

Terminator DVD(s)
Started by: barand1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
barand1

Terminator DVD(s)

Did anyone know that there is a new edition to the re-releases of T1 on DVD? Well there is! I was kind of window shopping (kind of) for an action film on DVD. Of course if you want an entertaining action film, Schwarzenegger is the place to search for. And thats what I did. Here, whilst searching, I noticed The Terminator: The Definitive Edition. A Region 2 DVD. Thats interesting for me as a UK tenant.

I know this is a few weeks old news, but its new news to me.

Click the following for the link.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3298...l#jump-features

I can't seem to find any spacial features details, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

I like the cover, apart from the small text. Is this really necessary for another re-release of T1? What us fans want and need is something like this for T3!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 04:13 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

I found this, which I didn't know about.

"Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines HD DVD Bonus Content

"Any Exclusive Goodies in There?

"'Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines' is the latest Warner HD DVD release to receive the "In-Movie Experience," and it is one of the best examples of the feature I've seen yet. What's really cool this time is that director Jonathan Mostow (as well as producers Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna) recorded a new introduction and full-length interview for the HD DVD, and right at the beginning, Mostow promises we'll get "material never-before-seen by the general public." And that turns out to be mostly true -- there is a good amount of making-of footage here I didn't see on the standard-def extras. Doubly cool is the fact that, three years on, we're finally getting some real perspective on the film and its place in the 'Terminator' pantheon, which the original standard-def DVD sorely lacked.

"However, note that unlike, say, Universal's 'Bourne Supremacy,' Mostow is really the star of the show here, so this almost functions as a new solo commentary with little video bits edited in. But quite frankly, unless you are a diehard 'Terminator 3' fan (in which case all the standard-def extras are already familiar to you anyway), I would say just skip all the old stuff and start here. The 'T3' IME feature is essentially a brand-new, 109-minute documentary that gives you a pretty solid overview of the production of the film. Nicely done, Warner -- please don't stop producing these little gems."

Another reason for me to get HD.

Did anyone know this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 08:57 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

That T1 DVD looks really cool...But I won't be purchasing it as I already have a copy of T1 on DVD. It probably isn't necessary but you know what the movie industry is like for churning out new copies of films released ages ago.

As long as it's got something new to offer to all the other T1 DVDs that have already been released then fair enough for this one.

Didn't know about the T3 comments above. As much as I hated it, T3 is being shown quite a bit on some Sky channels and I find myself watching it for "5 minutes" because a scene I like in it might be happening to come on. Looking back on it, T3 was OK and if this new release happens to make it any better it might be worth purchasing.

Thanks for the info.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 12:36 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I have all the Terminator movies on DVD.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 10:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Just to let you know its a 1 disk version in a steal case thats all

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 10:43 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote