KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Gambit: Post X-Men Apocalypse

Gambit: Post X-Men Apocalypse
Started by: pym-ftw

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Gambit: Post X-Men Apocalypse

Channing Tatum is Gambit

He will first appear in AoA though,

So discuss.

I'll start, who would you like to be the big bad in his solo movie?

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post May 15th, 2014 02:04 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

The villain in the X-Men Universe I have wanted to see for some time is Mr. Sinister. Either in XM:A, or the Gambit film.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 15th, 2014 03:22 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Gambit isn't good enough to have his own movie. It's an insult to so many other X-Men that he would the only other one besides Wolverine to have a solo movie. My prediction is he appears in the team films, and that's all.

All Lauren Shuler Donner has said is that he will be played by Channing Tatum, going forward in future films. Everyone who's running away with this, calm down.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 15th, 2014 03:47 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

he might be good in the role, which tells me he will be front and center in X-Men: Apocalypse

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 15th, 2014 04:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
The villain in the X-Men Universe I have wanted to see for some time is Mr. Sinister. Either in XM:A, or the Gambit film.

Pretty much Sinister would be a great villain. There's so much storyline to use and Fox is barely using any of it.

Old Post May 15th, 2014 05:28 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
Gambit isn't good enough to have his own movie. It's an insult to so many other X-Men that he would the only other one besides Wolverine to have a solo movie. My prediction is he appears in the team films, and that's all.

All Lauren Shuler Donner has said is that he will be played by Channing Tatum, going forward in future films. Everyone who's running away with this, calm down.

I think they want to make solo movies for a whole bunch of characters, and then bring them altogether for a big X-Men movie every few years, copying Marvel studios formula for success.

I've heard rumors about Mystique and Deadpool solo movies, plus X-Force movies.

But yeah your right, to only do Deadpool of all the actual X-Men is an insult to all the other big names in the X-Men roster. Seems likie Fox is thinking "we can only do solo movies out of rogue characters.."

Old Post May 15th, 2014 09:35 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I think they want to make solo movies for a whole bunch of characters, and then bring them altogether for a big X-Men movie every few years, copying Marvel studios formula for success.

I've heard rumors about Mystique and Deadpool solo movies, plus X-Force movies.

But yeah your right, to only do Deadpool of all the actual X-Men is an insult to all the other big names in the X-Men roster. Seems likie Fox is thinking "we can only do solo movies out of rogue characters.."

links or it isn't true stick out tongue

reynolds may or may not be still attached to do Deadpool. makes a lot of sense for Fox to spin off Jennifer Lawrence.. I think Fox will plant seeds for an X-Force film in X-Men:Apocalypse

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 15th, 2014 05:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I actually forgot this was happening, and scheduled for late 2016.

Breaking news - Channing Tatum is out as Gambit. big grin

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...-spinoff-gambit

Three X-Men related films in one year? Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse and Gambit? What the f**k?

The people who think comic related films will one day swamp the market too much and there will be a backlash - it's doing things like this that will make it happen. Five Marvel movies that year alone, plus two DC related films...that seems like too much to me.

Never gotten Gambit's appeal. Now's the chance to cancel and forget this film.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 03:04 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by roughrider
I actually forgot this was happening, and scheduled for late 2016.

Breaking news - Channing Tatum is out as Gambit. big grin

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...-spinoff-gambit

Three X-Men related films in one year? Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse and Gambit? What the f**k?

The people who think comic related films will one day swamp the market too much and there will be a backlash - it's doing things like this that will make it happen. Five Marvel movies that year alone, plus two DC related films...that seems like too much to me.

Never gotten Gambit's appeal. Now's the chance to cancel and forget this film.

Im glad. i was never a a fan of Tatum being Gambit. thumb up

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 03:21 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Channing Tatum is locked into the role after all.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 02:40 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

(Sigh) Some fans complain they don't get Deadpool's popularity at all. That's my problem with Gambit.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 12:57 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Same here.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2015 02:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Gambit has always been one of my favorite xmen but as much as i like any of the xmen i don't think any of their characters or roles in the universe warrant a stand alone movie. I think focusing on solo movies just hinders what is being done in the actual XMEN movies. If they want to tell stand alone stories they should do so through animated features and tell the story in a mature manner that is comparable to the tone of the live action movies.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of giving characters their own movies as long as the need for the characters story is relevant in a way that is going to benefit the other movies. I guess an example would be Ant-man (hank pym) That characters relevance to the avengers universe is major. Although i don't know if that was established in the movie but i could understand an entire movie devoted to telling his story if a future Avenger story relied on his character already being established. I doubt that the ANT-MAN movie will prove to be entirely necessary for future avenger movies but i'm sure it will have been more necessary than a, Wolverine movie that seems to act completely out of continuity from the other movies.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Aug 14th, 2015 at 04:00 AM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 03:54 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote