KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 2} (Vote now!) Scoob vs Digi

Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 2} (Vote now!) Scoob vs Digi
Started by: Nataku8188

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Natakus's (=D) Amalgam Tournament [Phase 3] {ROUND 2} (Vote now!) Scoob vs Digi

Battle is set ontop of Whirlysplat's ego (i.e. China)
Both fighters start with their fingers trapped in a a chinese finger trap.

Scoobless

Flash Thordon

Quasar: Mind/Quantum Bands
Flash: Power
Thor: Body/Hammer/Power

Flash (Wally West)
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/wally.html

Quasar
http://www.quantumzone.org/behind_t...ntum-bands.html

Thor
http://www.avengersforever.org/char.../Characters.asp

vs

DigiMark007

General Kinky!
General Zod - powers/outer armor
Apollo - body/powers
Loki - mind/powers

ZOD
http://spider-bob.com/villains/dc/GeneralZod.htm

Loki
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/l/loki.htm

Apollo...from The Authority
http://members.tripod.com/rikmertens/image/apollo.html

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 03:52 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well for one, Scoob will drop Mjolnir because of the finger-trap, but mine will just burn up from my sun-power. Whirly's ego also favors me because he like The Authority (Apollo) and thinks that Quasar is stupid.

...i'll be right back with a write-up...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 03:58 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Finally time to fight again (nods to Nataku in thanks). Hi Scoob, and hi voters. I look forward to fighting “the champ” here and think I have a good shot at a win. This is kind of a long-ish write-up (but it’s all worth it), so thanks to everyone who reads through the whole thing. So let’s go…

Kinky is a dangerous character to be in the tournament at this point. Apollo gets stronger every match…particularly my last match. Allow me to explain. If you’ll remember, we had 24 hours of prep for the “bonus round” and our first-drafted amalgam had his powers boosted by 10 times. For me, that was Zod, which meant his armor produced 10x the amount of sun radiation to boost Apollo. That kind of boost is simply incalculable, and saying Apollo was probably flirting with Class Billion+ is a cautious estimate of how strong I was. To be fair, after the fight the boost ends, and so for this fight it’s back to normal…except for one thing. Apollo retains his charge, so while any other character in the tournament would have gone back to normal after the 10x (even if it had been Apollo and not Zod I’d be back to normal)…but now I have the benefits of that fight in terms of my strength and invulnerability. I’m so far beyond your strength I can’t properly put it into words. If you’re not scared of the General by this point, you should be.

So Quasar is able to block telepathy, but has a weakness to magic. Perfect, because Loki is all magic, and magic-based telepathy will go right through his shields to Quasar’s mind. Mjolnir can’t absorb telepathy, and Loki has even influenced Thor before…Quasar won’t be nearly as hard. And this will take away the one advantage Flash Thordon starts the fight with: namely, Flash’s speed and reaction times. Loki rarely shuts minds down, but specializes in magical influence, so some images of yourself stuck in tar and general messing of the brain will be enough to keep you slow enough to hit and also keep you distracted.

And just to make sure, this is what Scoobless wrote in a recent Adam Warlock vs. Quasar thread…

Sentry had written the following...
quote:
Even if Warlock didn't have it (soul gem), he'd still be able to combat Quasar with his psionics and telepathy. Quasar has been mind controlled before.

And Scoob replied...
quote:
only by magic though... regular telepathy he can deal with, the Q-bands set up a jamming field in his mind to stop telepaths from controlling him

So that should settle that. On to other things…

Thor’s a tough guy and Scoob has managed to boost his strength with Quasar’s constructs. A nice combo, but for one I’m still ridiculously stronger than he is even with the boost, and secondly Quasar’s constructs require concentration. If I don’t just negate the strength boost by smashing his constructs with my magic, the fight itself will be enough for him to lose his concentration. Then it’s regular Thor vs. Uber-Apollo. Advantage me (though I had the strength advantage anyway).

Oh, and as soon as Loki sees Thor he’s going to go ape-sh*t. That’ll just be more incentive to whup Thordon’s ass.

Zod’s armor has taken barrages from Superman, and Loki will have his formidable shields up (shields that have deflected blows from Thor numerous times). Quasar’s constructs are a good foil to magic, but it works both ways so they’ll basically negate each other. But I can phase and teleport too, and with Thordon slowed down anyway from the magical telepathic influence, I’m easily more elusive than he is. And my magical bolts can probably be absorbed by Thor’s hammer, but I won’t even need them since simply whaling the hell out of him will be enough for the win. I could also form some illusions and magical dragons during my prep, but those probably won’t even be necessary. Still, I have them in reserve if I need them.

Here’s an interesting point, and another reason I think I’ll win. If I don’t simply knock Thor out (which is a pretty good possibility) or lop his head off, he’ll start to heal with the heightened “Flash-healing”. That fine and all, but it’s still just a speeding up of the body’s natural processes. Eventually he’d need to eat, drink, etc. to keep it up. It’ll slow down as the fight wears on (unless I make it a quick fight). Apollo, on the other hand, only needs sun radiation to sustain himself and heal. And I have an endless supply coming from the armor.

And if he wants to drain my charge with lightning of some sort, he’ll have to get through my magical shields and armor…all while trying to stay alive. In other words, it’s not likely.

In one issue (I can get the # if needed), Apollo is charged up quite a bit, and he’s surrounded by “super-people-types” (including a Thor clone…it’s the issue where they fight the Avengers stand-ins). And he’s so charged up he doesn’t even need to eye-beam them…he simply emits an aura of sun-energy from himself strong enough that it incinerates the entire pile of super-villians. He then proceeds to ruin the Thor clone. Now, Thordon might not get taken out by something like that, but I’m so uber-charged that even trying to hit me or come close to me is going to be damaging Scoob’s amalgam…I’ll be like a living sun that’s pissed off. So even if Thordon manages to hurt me, it’ll still be hurting him.

I won’t deny that FT would get some hits in, but he’ll be slowed down from the magical telepathy and every hit of mine does a ton more damage than anything Thor or Quasar could muster. I’ll hit him just as much and probably more, and it’ll do far more damage than anything he could hope to do to me.

-DM cool

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 04:04 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Di Di Di
Digmon Digimon

Di Di Di
Digmon Digimon

Di Di Di
Digmon Digital Monsters
Digimon are the Champions....

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 08:03 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gotta say and I meant to say this last time great names for both characterssmile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:59 AM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Ahhh.... mishter Mark.... we meet again... evil face

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Apollo retains his charge, so while any other character in the tournament would have gone back to normal after the 10x (even if it had been Apollo and not Zod I’d be back to normal)…but now I have the benefits of that fight in terms of my strength and invulnerability.

i'm pretty sure Evangel said that any benefits from the boosted round would not carry on to future rounds..... ya cheatin' git.... laughing out loud
So Quasar is able to block telepathy, but has a weakness to magic. Perfect, because Loki is all magic, and magic-based telepathy will go right through his shields to Quasar’s mind.

Quasar's mind backed with Thor's additional resiliency.... and as basic mind control isn't allowed you only have psi-blasts and such... which Loki isn't extremely practised in (at least i've never seen him use a psi-blast/bolt in any Thor comic).... and they can miss their target... it isn't a guaranteed to work tactic.... especially with an opponent who can react at lightspeed and move even faster
Mjolnir can’t absorb telepathy

perhaps... but it can detect and absorb magical energies.... including asgardian magic that would be used in Loki's attempted mind assault (not control.... as it's banned stick out tongue)
and Loki has even influenced Thor before…Quasar won’t be nearly as hard.

influence, yes.... but not in an all out "fight for the universe" battle.... influence is easy when a character doesn't know of any immediate danger.... when under heavy attack "influence" would be virtually impossible
some images of yourself stuck in tar and general messing of the brain will be enough to keep you slow enough to hit and also keep you distracted.

if Loki managed to get images into the mind of someone trying to crack his skull open i'd be impressed... he isn't the most fearless under pressure.... in fact he's a bit of a coward when it comes down to the big battles

if he DID manage to implant an image of being "stuck in tar" (or whatever) Thordon would still have his own eyes as well as his energy sensing abilities (hammer & bands).... when his minds operating at uber-speeds he can switch between these modes of detecting you quicker than you can think of employing them
Thor’s a tough guy and Scoob has managed to boost his strength with Quasar’s constructs. A nice combo, but for one I’m still ridiculously stronger than he is even with the boost, and secondly Quasar’s constructs require concentration.

your earlier boost no longer stands and Q-constructs require no concentration whatsoever after they have been brought into existence
Oh, and as soon as Loki sees Thor he’s going to go ape-sh*t. That’ll just be more incentive to whup Thordon’s ass.

more likely he'd asgardian-sh!t himself
Zod’s armor has taken barrages from Superman, and Loki will have his formidable shields up

shields that Quasar can punch through like wet toilet paper
Quasar’s constructs are a good foil to magic, but it works both ways so they’ll basically negate each other. But I can phase and teleport too

Thordon has Quantum teleportation as well as Mjolnir's teleportation... plus his Flash speeds can vibrate to simulate a phased state... your phased state on the other hand is still be very vulnerable to Asgardian magic based attacks... ala mjolnir.... plus various forms of radiation that Quasar controls
I could also form some illusions and magical dragons during my prep

more energy sources to drain and empower future assaults upon Kinky with... big grin
he’ll start to heal with the heightened “Flash-healing”. That fine and all, but it’s still just a speeding up of the body’s natural processes. Eventually he’d need to eat, drink, etc. to keep it up.

untrue... he's powered by the speed force and as such will not tire throughout the battle
Apollo, on the other hand, only needs sun radiation to sustain himself and heal

radiation that is under the complete control of Quasar.... hmmm.... wonder how well Kinky will fight if he can't absorb any more solar-radiation?
And if he wants to drain my charge with lightning of some sort, he’ll have to get through my magical shields and armor….

and here's how that'll happen... evil face

the shields are not a problem whatsoever... any quantum construct can tear through those..... now if Mjolnir were to have a quantum layering over it, thrown at Flash speeds with Quantum boosted Thor strength... well.... not only will the shields be torn through like they weren't there, but so would the armour and, quite possibly, the bastard creation inhabiting said armour

smokin'

In one issue (I can get the # if needed), Apollo is charged up quite a bit, and he’s surrounded by “super-people-types” (including a Thor clone…it’s the issue where they fight the Avengers stand-ins). And he’s so charged up he doesn’t even need to eye-beam them…he simply emits an aura of sun-energy from himself strong enough that it incinerates the entire pile of super-villians.

it's a shame none of those guys had Quantum bands that could absorb any and all energy Apollo emits, focus it through a mystical hammer and return it as blasts of pure magical force
I won’t deny that FT would get some hits in

that's very gracious of you.... stick out tongue

but just the one hit should suffice.... (the one i detailed earlier)

ok... that covers Digi's initial post

as per usual Thordon will be performing an all purpose power drain on his opponent, that means Loki's shields, dragons, magic based attacks, the generals armour, Apollo's body and any ambient energy sources in or near the battle field are all being depowered as soon as the start bell rings.... all these various energies will be taken, refocused, amplified and returned through Mjolnir causing devastating effects on Kinky

Thordon himself will be maintaining faster than light flight by using Flash's cognitive speeds channeled through the bands (which make Quasar faster than Surfer in travel speed) making it almost completely impossible for Kinky to detect Thordon in any way let alone aim a blast or psi-blast at him.. this can continue for as long as is necessary to completely drain Loki's shields and Zod's armour as the Quantum bands have a limitless power supply

oh yeah... as for prep... well FT used this battle's prep solely on mastering his speed force abilities..... so while all this is going on he's also draining Kinky's speed.... making him an even easier target .... and making the speed difference between the two even greater

... and you thought your post was long.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 04:09 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I thought my post was long...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 06:05 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

told you so... stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 06:07 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I vote Digismile

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Kuntz rock

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:36 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

And so the fight begins in earnest (but please, voters, feel free to refer to my initial write-up for my over-arching strategies).

quote:
i'm pretty sure Evangel said that any benefits from the boosted round would not carry on to future rounds..... ya cheatin' git.... laughing out loud

Not quite. The boost went back to normal. She didn't specify "any benefits" but merely that the boost ends after the fight....and I didn't argue against that. I'm in a unique position, though, that one of my characters could store the boost through to the next fight. So the boost remains in full. Even without it, I'd be as strong as you, since I'm a high-level Supes clone who's being boosted...and for the purposes of this match, so are you. Trying to quantify the boosts is rather hard, but mine makes me continually stronger - meaning every minute of the fight I get harder to beat.

quote:
Quasar's mind backed with Thor's additional resiliency.... and as basic mind control isn't allowed you only have psi-blasts and such... which Loki isn't extremely practised in (at least i've never seen him use a psi-blast/bolt in any Thor comic).... and they can miss their target... it isn't a guaranteed to work tactic.... especially with an opponent who can react at lightspeed and move even faster

Quasar isn't nearly as experienced as Thor at shrugging off magical telepathy. And, despite having Thor's powers, you're still using Quasar's mind. No, I wouldn't be "controlling" you, but there's no way you'll be able to avoid being hindered by the telepathy. Apollo has fought and damaged a Quicksilver-esque opponent before. All I need to do is slow you down and the rest will take care of itself.

And I am practiced using telepathic influence...your character, on the other hand, still is a new-comer to the Speed Force and Thor's abilities. Draining my speed and effortlessly using Thor's powers won't be happening.

quote:
if Loki managed to get images into the mind of someone trying to crack his skull open i'd be impressed... he isn't the most fearless under pressure.... in fact he's a bit of a coward when it comes down to the big battles

But Loki's never had Class Million+ (possibly Billion) strength, has he??

quote:
(magical) shields that Quasar can punch through like wet toilet paper

Fair enough, but I can cut through your Quantum constructs like toilet paper, and Mjolnir can't get to all of it. And beyond that, I have the extra layer of armor...so if you manage to get past the magic, you're still not there. After your constructs, though, I'm hitting you.

Oh, and as for my "living sun" tactic (which is still in full use), If you come near me you'll be taking damage. While you're in the fight of your life, you won't have time to decide to start trying to absorb my sun energy. And even if you tried, it's coming from everywhere within me...simply trying to absorb it will result in a catastrophic failure.

And if you try to absorb energy from within me (since that's where it's coming from) Loki has more than ample control over his internal molecules (and energy, since matter is nothing but condensed energy). He won't be allowing such an intrusion. So draining me isn't an option.

Oh, and Quasar has fought Surfer before and wasn't able to merely absorb anything thrown at him. If I remember correctly, he got his ass handed to him. With my uber-charge, I'll be producing at least as much energy, and I'll be many times stronger than Surfer (or you).

quote:
oh yeah... as for prep... well FT used this battle's prep solely on mastering his speed force abilities..... so while all this is going on he's also draining Kinky's speed.... making him an even easier target .... and making the speed difference between the two even greater

Speed draining won't be happeneing (as I explained earlier) and my magical telepathic influence (which you said yourself can effect Quasar) will bring you down to my level. At that point, I'm holding all the cards.

-DM cool

Last edited by Digi on Aug 2nd, 2005 at 10:58 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 10:54 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Kuntz
Gotta say and I meant to say this last time great names for both characterssmile

I'd agree (and thanks) but they're not at the level of, say, Pat Kuntz big grin

But yeah...the "sweet-name people" get to fight here (and a big stick out tongue to 'Big Sexy' while I'm thinking about it). A friend of mine, upon hearing the name Flash Thordon, said I was screwed because of the name alone. Peronally, I think the whole Kinky/Apollo's-sexual-preference thing gives my character a psychological edge, but to each his own.

-DM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 11:33 PM
stormfront13

my vote goes to digi

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 05:30 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

When's the last time Thor has absorbed ambient magical energy?

The power boost is questionable.....erm

I think we all basically agreed that magical and quantum bolts would just cancel each other out instead of hitting each other, otherwise it'd be impossible to tell.

I can't vote yet.

Scoob needs to post more. :P

Both of you need to stop delaying the inevitable. evil face

[/complaining & shit talking]

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 11:13 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I blame the time zone difference. We haven't been on yet at the same time to have a continuous debate.

Other stuff...

Either the quantum bolts and magic just negate each other, or they're both getting through to hit the other person. Either way, it's about equal, and no real advantage is conferred.

The boost...hehe...ok, I conceed the "bonus round" boost. But you have to admit it was a sneaky little tactic while it lasted. In any case, I'm still just as strong as him, probably stronger. It just makes that advantage less profound.

-DM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 02:41 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by long pig
When's the last time Thor has absorbed ambient magical energy?

i was talking about Quasar absorbing ambient radient and electromagnetic energy

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 03:01 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Not quite. The boost went back to normal. She didn't specify "any benefits" but merely that the boost ends after the fight....

The boost...hehe...ok, I conceed the "bonus round" boost.

that takes care of that... smile
there's no way you'll be able to avoid being hindered by the telepathy.

maybe slightly hindered.... but my speed advantage is so vast to begin with that any hindrance to my overall performance speeds still leaves me with that advantage
Apollo has fought and damaged a Quicksilver-esque opponent before.

i think we all realise that Quicksilver (or Quicksilver-esque) is still almost human compared to Wally West speeds... and Apollo couldn't even fully keep up with him..... the strength difference between us is debatable... my speed advantage is not
And I am practiced using telepathic influence...your character, on the other hand, still is a new-comer to the Speed Force and Thor's abilities. Draining my speed and effortlessly using Thor's powers won't be happening.

Quasar has known and fought beside Thor for years... and my prep write up for my first match showed how he learned to use Thor's abilities

the speed force he is newer too.... the Speed force is much newer to him, and he wont have complete mastery.... but with the battles he's fought and the prep time usage for these matches, he's been completely focused on mastery of these new abilities... the going very fast came easily, the reaction times are a natural part of the power... the speed draining he is new at... and may only have the most basic concept of.... but as he already has the speed advantage even the slightest draining of your momentum will have a massive impact on the battle.... in fact it probably balances out any slowing of my character you may accomplish through mental attacks
But Loki's never had Class Million+ (possibly Billion) strength, has he??

cowards are cowards... even if they get strong
Fair enough, but I can cut through your Quantum constructs like toilet paper

ok, but i'm not using that many and they can be recreated at the speed of a Flash though
Oh, and as for my "living sun" tactic (which is still in full use), If you come near me you'll be taking damage. While you're in the fight of your life, you won't have time to decide to start trying to absorb my sun energy. And even if you tried, it's coming from everywhere within me...simply trying to absorb it will result in a catastrophic failure.

i disagree... Quasar has complete control over the electromagnetic spectrum... any radiant energy you emit falls into that catagory.... and if he did have trouble absorbing (which he wont) he can continue the process with Mjolnir, block with Mjolnir or create quantum shielding... your heat blasts will be innefective here
And if you try to absorb energy from within me (since that's where it's coming from) Loki has more than ample control over his internal molecules (and energy, since matter is nothing but condensed energy). He won't be allowing such an intrusion. So draining me isn't an option.

i wasn't going to attempt that... though it might still work.... but i can absorb your magical shield's energy as well as your armour's power
Oh, and Quasar has fought Surfer before and wasn't able to merely absorb anything thrown at him.

but Mjolnir can
Speed draining won't be happeneing

it will.... amybe not at expert levels... but it will effect you.... if only at a small percentage of Flash's draining speed

as i've said... the strength contest is close.... the speed is not, can dodge/block/absorb any energy you throw at me... if you phase your body you leave your armour behind... your shields cannot stand up to my blasts... your armour will be drained..... your "influence abilities may slow me to 80% of my max.... which is still far above your ability to combat.... Quasar has shield tactical training and martial arts training meaning he is Loki's superior in H2H combat.... any sword or axe i decide to create during the fight will slice through your shielding.... Mjolnir, thrown with boosted strength and vastly boosted speed will shred your armour (as it shredded the Destroyer armour in Thor)

your are left with only physical combat to battle me, your strength becomes meaningless next to my superior speed and H2H ability

Kinky cannot defeat Thordon

evil face

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 03:24 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote:
maybe slightly hindered.... but my speed advantage is so vast to begin with that any hindrance to my overall performance speeds still leaves me with that advantage

As I see it, Quasar isn't nearly as good as Thor at combatting magical influence. Your 80% is probably about what I'd do to Thor, and Quasar is more susceptible to my influence. Add in Quasar's task of learning new abilities (and, more importantly, using them in combat), and you're ripe for influencing. Speculating on percentages is worthless, but if all I do is make you groggy and slow for a couple seconds (but it would be more than that), a few massive punches while you're dazed will either knock you out or increase the groggy feeling. I'll also have laser vision, magical bolts, etc. at my disposal, so I have no lack of attacking options.

quote:
the strength difference between us is debatable... my speed advantage is not

....but it is, as I've explained above.

quote:
the speed force he is newer too.... the Speed force is much newer to him, and he wont have complete mastery.... but with the battles he's fought and the prep time usage for these matches, he's been completely focused on mastery of these new abilities... the going very fast came easily, the reaction times are a natural part of the power... the speed draining he is new at... and may only have the most basic concept of.... but as he already has the speed advantage even the slightest draining of your momentum will have a massive impact on the battle.... in fact it probably balances out any slowing of my character you may accomplish through mental attacks

At this point, I'm beginning to realize that no one's there to explain the speed force to Quasar, and the only reference he has is probably a guy like Quicksilver. That said, how is Q going to know that he has the ability to "drain speed" at all, let alone actually do it? The reactions are built in, and he'll know he can go really fast, but draining seems like something extra that would take even a real Flash in the DC universe time to uncover. Long story short, maybe he'll be practiced with the speed force, but draining ain't happening (and the speed difference is dealt with above).

quote:
cowards are cowards... even if they get strong

Never said Loki's a Superman-esque boyscout, but he's fought the likes of Surfer, Thor, Odin!, etc...he's no stranger to battle. So maybe he's not the bravest knife in the drawer, but by this point in the tourney he knows he's fighting for his life. He won't be turning into a fleeing coward.

quote:
Quasar has shield tactical training and martial arts training meaning he is Loki's superior in H2H combat....

Last I checked, Loki still stalemated Surfer and Quasar survived but lost to him. Maybe you're a bit better fighter, but Loki (as previously stated) isn't a stranger to combat...he's no pushover. The difference is negligible.

quote:
i wasn't going to attempt that... though it might still work.... but i can absorb your magical shield's energy as well as your armour's power

Uh-huh roll eyes (sarcastic) ...and all while you're fighting for your life and trying to get rid of that pesky mind-messing.

-DM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 03:48 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

As I see it, Quasar isn't nearly as good as Thor at combatting magical influence. Your 80% is probably about what I'd do to Thor, and Quasar is more susceptible to my influence.

I was being generous with 80% considering that Thordon is totally focused on battle your influence may have no effect whatsoever
Add in Quasar's task of learning new abilities (and, more importantly, using them in combat), and you're ripe for influencing. Speculating on percentages is worthless, but if all I do is make you groggy and slow for a couple seconds (but it would be more than that), a few massive punches while you're dazed will either knock you out or increase the groggy feeling. I'll also have laser vision, magical bolts, etc. at my disposal, so I have no lack of attacking options.

Quasar already fights at class 100 levels... the strength will be much less of a difference to him than yours would be to Loki

the new speed ability that accelerates his cognitive response times is automatic... whenever he moves fast he thinks fast... an automatic response doesn't need a lot of concentration

Laser vision? the Q-bands are pre-programmed to protect the wearer from energy attacks... laser vision is useless to you here, magical bolts? Thors durability can handle most of those IF they get past Mjolnir.... when Mjolnir is spinning nothing gets past it
At this point, I'm beginning to realize that no one's there to explain the speed force to Quasar, and the only reference he has is probably a guy like Quicksilver. That said, how is Q going to know that he has the ability to "drain speed" at all, let alone actually do it?

his bands detected that the energy he is now empowered by has fields around all objects in motion.... Flash did not have this advantage.... he quickly discovers that he can manipulate these fields through mental effort
Never said Loki's a Superman-esque boyscout, but he's fought the likes of Surfer, Thor, Odin!, etc...he's no stranger to battle. So maybe he's not the bravest knife in the drawer, but by this point in the tourney he knows he's fighting for his life. He won't be turning into a fleeing coward.

perhaps... but a natural non-combatant fighting for his life is not going to be focused enough to use his abilities to their best advantage... plus when it comes to H2H he will be at a tremendous disadvantage
Last I checked, Loki still stalemated Surfer and Quasar survived but lost to him.

and yet a chained Sif caused him to beg for help.....

Attachment: page008.jpg
This has been downloaded 121 time(s).

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 10:19 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

still begging.... smile

Attachment: page009.jpg
This has been downloaded 117 time(s).

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 10:20 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

now Sif is no class 100, doesn't have magical abilities, was unarmed, was chained, and had been held prisoner for quite a while........ Loki is clearly in a life or death situation....

does he use mind tricks? no
does he use magical bolts? no
does he attempt to fight her off with his fists? no

as Loki is being choked to death his panic causes him to do the only thing he knows how.... he begs for help

This guy is no fighter.... he cracks under pressure and he panics when his life is in danger....... no way is this mind capable of casting complex spells or mind tricks when he's fighting for his life

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 10:23 PM