KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Duke Nukem....

Duke Nukem....
Started by: CorderaMitchell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Miffed Duke Nukem....

How did anyone feel about this game? Was I the only one that liked it.

There was Duke, Duke 2, Duke 3d, Duke" time to kill, Duke: Zero Hour, Duke: Manhatten Project, and a "supposed" duke forever, whtich I have no clue whats taking that soo long.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 01:46 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Duke Nukem Taking Forver more like.....

Duke Nukem 3D is a classic. The humour and all the little neat touches, like hitting the ball on the pool table, drinking water from broken hydrants to replenish health, the 3D sound, the comedy value. EVerything was a blast from start to finish.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 02:35 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I liked the Duke from the N64 third person game. That was really fun, but really annoying, specially with levels being soo bloody huge and not having any save feature during the middle. But it was really fun.

For Duke Nukem Forever, check out the PC Gamer issue with Prey on it. The guys at the magazine actually saw real footage of it being done. So another year or so. I dont know if it will be able to compete with FPS juggernauts of the PC now. It has been almost 8-10 years since its announced and STALKER and FEAR look like kick ass games.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:39 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Duke Nukem Taking Forver more like.....

Duke Nukem 3D is a classic. The humour and all the little neat touches, like hitting the ball on the pool table, drinking water from broken hydrants to replenish health, the 3D sound, the comedy value. EVerything was a blast from start to finish.

agreed

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:48 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Smasandian
I liked the Duke from the N64 third person game. That was really fun, but really annoying, specially with levels being soo bloody huge and not having any save feature during the middle. But it was really fun.

For Duke Nukem Forever, check out the PC Gamer issue with Prey on it. The guys at the magazine actually saw real footage of it being done. So another year or so. I dont know if it will be able to compete with FPS juggernauts of the PC now. It has been almost 8-10 years since its announced and STALKER and FEAR look like kick ass games.

N64 version changed alot of content too, but it had multiplayer.

As for 3d, that was the game.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:03 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
How did anyone feel about this game? Was I the only one that liked it.

There was Duke, Duke 2, Duke 3d, Duke" time to kill, Duke: Zero Hour, Duke: Manhatten Project, and a "supposed" duke forever, whtich I have no clue whats taking that soo long.

Those games are bad ass. My favorite one is Time To Kill. I enjoyed playing that game so much.

Check out the Hulk Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:20 PM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Hulk Power
Those games are bad ass. My favorite one is Time To Kill. I enjoyed playing that game so much.

What was your favorite part and favorite weapon?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:45 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Depends on which version...

Standard Duke 3d: Devastator
Duke 64: Plasma Cannon

And my favourite moments are either of the final boss fights (The Cycloid Emperor, or the Alien Queen in the Atomic edition) Or the cutscenes, "I'll rip of yer head and $h!t down yer neck.... Literally!"

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 02:00 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

N64 version changed alot of content too, but it had multiplayer.

As for 3d, that was the game.
indeed.. one of my favorite games..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 02:26 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

No you werrent the only one to like this game, I'm a hardcore oldschool 3DShooter, and this was one of my favs aswell, the weapons where great and it was just something you'd play to have fun and alugh hard at and also to play seriously cause it was pretty mean at hardest lvl

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 03:11 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by The Highlord
No you werrent the only one to like this game, I'm a hardcore oldschool 3DShooter, and this was one of my favs aswell, the weapons where great and it was just something you'd play to have fun and alugh hard at and also to play seriously cause it was pretty mean at hardest lvl

On my pc version the bad guys would actuallly ressurect....
I was a fan of the RPG, shotgun, shrinker, and devastator weapon.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 01:33 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

devastator now thats what I'm talking about!

I wish they would give some word about Forever though its been 5 years since we saw anything at all, and we all know that that has been dumped now they are suppse to use a really mind blowing engine, a great fysic engine aswell even better then the one in HL2, thins one will give you even more possibilitys like shoot a concrete wall and there will be big pieces fallling of, or get at it with the rocket launcher and the whole wall will blow away giving you possibililty to walk trough, stuff like that, its was one of Duke3D impressive stuff the ability to shoot stuff around and stuff like that

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 01:57 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by The Highlord
devastator now thats what I'm talking about!

I wish they would give some word about Forever though its been 5 years since we saw anything at all, and we all know that that has been dumped now they are suppse to use a really mind blowing engine, a great fysic engine aswell even better then the one in HL2, thins one will give you even more possibilitys like shoot a concrete wall and there will be big pieces fallling of, or get at it with the rocket launcher and the whole wall will blow away giving you possibililty to walk trough, stuff like that, its was one of Duke3D impressive stuff the ability to shoot stuff around and stuff like that

I don't want it to be too realistic though, really impressive, but have the quickness, fun, and humor of the original.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 02:29 PM
Black Rob
The Leading Man

I was never really a fan of Duke,sorry C man

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:40 AM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by black robb
I was never really a fan of Duke,sorry C man
I shall smite THOU!!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:44 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

While it was fun, Duke was.

Its not the best.
Its good, but I think its not what people think it is.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 02:38 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Duke was cool that shrinker was hilarious

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 07:32 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Smasandian
While it was fun, Duke was.

Its not the best.
Its good, but I think its not what people think it is.

Whats "the best"??
What reviewers say are, I play what I like, so I think it is one of the best.

Reviews said luigi's mansion was AWESOME, too bad noone else really liked it.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:35 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Whats "the best"??

I loved Luigis mansion!!! I thought it was a really innovative game and a good chance for Luigi to get some of the spotlight.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 04:31 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Whats "the best"??

Thats great to hear
Duke was good, it had awesome fights, big levels and it was funny.
But is it better than Doom? Or Quake?
I dont think so.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 04:45 PM