KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » nirvana are one of the worst grunge bands ever

nirvana are one of the worst grunge bands ever
Started by: Fearnix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fearnix
Piggy

Barf nirvana are one of the worst grunge bands ever

they suck they had 2 good songs heart shaped box and breed all others suck and they are to over rated mad

edit//

nirvana* embarrasment

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:45 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

i love you!

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:46 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

i love you too hunney bunney

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:46 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

if u say Nirvana sucked, then who was a good grunge band

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:47 PM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

First of all, I don't think they're grunge. Second, yes they are overrated but saying they're actually bad isn't true...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:48 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

yes, they are grunge they helped create that style of music.

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:49 PM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

alice in chains and sound garden are so good grunge

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:50 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

no they gave grunge a bad name

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:51 PM
Kaleanae

quote:
Originally posted by SeptemberRain
I think Green River was the first Grunge Band
They were the first commercial Grunge band EDIT- forgot to add Nirvana in here

Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

nirvana that is

Df02

Pearl Jam, Alice in chains 2 name 2 much much better grunge bands....
Nirvana are like the England of music...

England invented footbal, but theyre shit at it

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:52 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

good some one who knows about grunge smile

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:52 PM
Kaleanae

Pearl Jam it is one of the best, but they don't get too much credit, I think

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:53 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by SeptemberRain

They didn't consider themselves grunge. They made "Nevermind" because they were pissed at the media for calling them grunge.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:57 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

they made music identical to grunge....so they cant really moan about being called grunge haha

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:58 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Soundgarden gave us one of the greatest bands ever let alone in Grunge. Not to mention Chris Cornell. Arguably the greatest singer ever.

Nirvana do not suck, overrated yes.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:58 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I think somebody just wanted attention.......

I respect the opinion of nobody who actually seriously uses the word "grunge" to describe a genre of music. The word was made up by the media.

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, etc........all were rock bands. That's right, good ol' American Rock 'N' Roll.......

grunge is an adjective which means dirty. If you're going to comment on Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder or Chris Cornell's hygiene being less than perfect.........you might want to take a look at the rest of the rock industry of the time, hell, even today.

oh yes....Nirvana is so horrible. That's why they single handedly changed the direction of the music industry with the release of their second album. Without them, you may not have even heard of bands that later became famous if not for Nevermind killing the pop-metal-hairbands. Instead of the Jeremy video on mtv you would have been seeing another Def Leppard video. Instead of the Black Hole Sun video you would have been seeing another Warrant video.

This is all of course assuming you're actually in your mid-twenties or older and were into the music scene back then. I know it sounds funny but from time to time we actually do get teenage kids coming in here commenting on music of the early nineties....even though they were only 2-3 yrs old at the time. They normally just come in and spout of some stuff they've read on a website or something.....you know, their research being as they weren't even around during the period they are discussing. Crazy isn't it..........

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:07 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

so hearing the music at the time it was made makes any difference to anything? beleive it or not i wasnt that old in the 90's, but i still know about them...throught *drum roll please* general knowledge, conversations with people who were, etc etc...

Grunge means dirty, Metal is a classification of elements....ur point? theyre genre's through media intervention or not, theyre genre's...
Nirvana steered music away from hair-metal, and i thank them for that (altho i do like def leppard and few other bands of that ilk). but what has that got to do with the quality of music they created? they steered music in a different direction, doesnt necesarilly mean they were a good band.... and it says on name of this thread "one of worst grunge bands ever" not "one of the least influential"

i stick to my comment, they invented grunge...but they werent good at it

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:18 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I refer to it as Grunge coz I'm used to it. Fair enough it may not be a completely correct label for the genre but it's an acceptable one. If I was disrespecting the freaking awesome artists and bands it gave us I could understand. However, Soundgarden are one of my favourite bands and alongside Maynard, Chris is my fav singer. Layne up there also. A.I.C are unbelievable.

I don't think you should slander ALL teens man. Going around this forum looking at my posts I doubt any of you would have guessed I'm 18. Only just also. Well, last Dec.

I think the music a lot of the people my age are into are shit. Mostly because they like to have the thinking done for them. Me? I like to know what's going on in the world in which I live and I like to use my brain. I love the music I own and listen to because it has enhanced my life ever since I have been into it and will till the day I depart.

What the topic is however, is Nirvana being "shit". They aren't, they were and are an incredible band. Overrated yes but shit? No. People who were fans have been turned off their favourite band because of all the crap bandwagon fans who jumped on after he died and the band split. If Chris Cornell died and all these dumb kids started saying "He is the best." I'd know it was shit, but what matters to me is that I love the music he made with his bands, the musicians they are and the musician he was. So incase that is why you are fuelled to start this topic, think again and don't let morons drive you away from your life's music. Coz then you really have to question how much of a fan you are anyway.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:25 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

not really a bandwagon......i never thought Nirvana were good, influential...but not good, always listened to Alice in chains and Pearl Jam instead.

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:27 PM